Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars -- "Look Who's Stalking" -- 04/25/06

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-06, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I figured out the mystery with several episodes left last season, this one I'm a lot more stumped.
Old 04-28-06, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
I thought this was a pretty good ep. I must say that while I'm not as high on season 2 as I was on the first one, I've come around to be more supportive of it. I think one of the things that has really affected my enjoyment of this season is the scheduling. This is one of those shows that is hurt by sporadic airings. It needs to be watched close together. That is how I watched season 1, on DVD in only a matter of days.

Now, I have a friend who has just recently gotten into the show. After finishing season 1 on DVD, she came to me to watch the season 2 eps. I have been surprised how much tighter the season feels when watching in quicker succession. Some of my main gripes didn't seem so major when watching in this way.
Old 04-29-06, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe Duncan is the big bad guy? He gave Veronica chlamydia so he tried to off her. He really killed Lily. And now he sold the baby to a bunch of Mexican slave traders and is coming back for the finale?
Old 04-29-06, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by kaze0
Maybe Duncan is the big bad guy? He gave Veronica chlamydia so he tried to off her. He really killed Lily. And now he sold the baby to a bunch of Mexican slave traders and is coming back for the finale?

Wow, this episode was intense. The writers sure know how to get people's hopes up and then stomp all over their hearts. That last scene with V just breaking down after finding Logan with Kendall killed me. As did them almost kissing but then V running off. Gah!

Loved that Keith handcuffed himself to Lucky. Although it's a good thing the key did go down the drain, it would've been embarrassing if it didn't.

Veronica's jokes to Madison about being "on the lam(b)" were hysterical, as were Mac's death threats and uncomfortableness of going with Butters. I'm really going to miss the high school setting.

Can't wait to see the last two eps, it's definitely going to be a ride.
Old 04-30-06, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So finally got to watch this episode, and I liked it a lot. One thing I must have missed but, when did they say Veronica had Chlamydia??? I knew she went to the Dr.s and was asking about Duncan, but did they actually say this at some point in the show?
Old 04-30-06, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
VM said it at the beginning of the episode. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, I wish she was still alive because I really would like to ask what she suggests for when life gives you Chlamydia."
Old 04-30-06, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by clckworang
I think one of the things that has really affected my enjoyment of this season is the scheduling. This is one of those shows that is hurt by sporadic airings. It needs to be watched close together. That is how I watched season 1, on DVD in only a matter of days.
100% agree. Still enjoy the show, but the sporadic airings have left me lost a few times. Hopefully they can work on this for season 3...

Incidentally, Kristen Bell was in the Parade in the paper today and said that she has a 5-year contract for VM, and she doesn't see the show leaving. So that is positive news for at least the next 3 seasons, assuming the ratings hold for the CW...
Old 05-01-06, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
VM said it at the beginning of the episode. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, I wish she was still alive because I really would like to ask what she suggests for when life gives you Chlamydia."
Damn, I totally missed that...Ill have to go back and check it on the DVR. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-02-06, 08:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Patman

Yeah, that, and the OPENING SCENE OF THE SHOW where she was in the doctor's office and he told her she had chlamydia.
Old 05-02-06, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I knew Woody was going to dump the blame on Keith about the passed out staffer. Keith really should've seen that coming.

Two weeks left, and plenty of pieces to fill in. Should be interesting.

Next week
Spoiler:
Looks like the creepy maintenance man starts shooting people at school. Easy way to get rid of a few characters, like the two idiot brothers and Jackie I hope.
Old 05-02-06, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
Yeah, that, and the OPENING SCENE OF THE SHOW where she was in the doctor's office and he told her she had chlamydia.
I didnt see either of those?? Looks like the dvr didnt get it all...hmmm, another fucking problem with TWC.
Old 05-02-06, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
yea I never saw that scene either.
Old 05-02-06, 12:58 PM
Banned

Opening Scene

Veronica: I've got WHAT?

Dr.: Chlamydia. It's a ..uh.. sexually...

Veronica: I know what it is. But, there must be a mistake... I don't...have....any symptoms. I don't feel....anything

Dr.: Which is not uncommon.

Dr.: Have you been sexually active within the last year or two?

Veronica: We were...you know...safe, and the guy...there's no way he....

Dr.: You think that, but you never know...

Dr.: Antibiotics will take care of it...

Veronica: (thinking to herself) So, my Grandma Reynolds was always saying...

cut to school, between classes

...When life gives you lemons, make lemonade....etc...

You know the rest.
Old 05-02-06, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was there a reason Keith wanted her to get checked out? He referred to it later in the show, asking about her appointment.
Old 05-02-06, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also did not see the scene posted.
Old 05-02-06, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Oh... such a good episode!!!

Im really enjoying season two, but i miss the freshness and the flashbacks of season one...