Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 5: 1:00AM - 2:00AM" -- 04/24/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 5: 1:00AM - 2:00AM" -- 04/24/06

Old 04-25-06, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Heller is hardcore, driving off the cliff. Until we see the body, assume he's alive. Same with Aaron.

Kim Raver = Worst Actress on Television Today. I was rooting for Robocop until Curtis showed up to kick some ass.

I think Jack got his Hoodie of Invisibility from Dumbledore. Not sure why he needed the bags though. "Hey! There's someone sneaking on the plane! Oh wait, it's okay, he's carrying luggage."
Old 04-25-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once I heard it was a diplomatic charter, I was assuming we'd see cars with Chinese flags leaving the airstrip - a way to get the Chinese flap back into the storyline.

But I think all I saw were British- and French-flagged cars.
Old 04-25-06, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts
Ahh, yes the British. Wasn't Desmond British?
Old 04-25-06, 10:20 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
can someone give me a little recap of last night's ep? i fell asleep prior... i would appreciate it. thanks.
Old 04-25-06, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Heller is hardcore, driving off the cliff. Until we see the body, assume he's alive. Same with Aaron.
Yeah, he was a bit too nonchalant about the whole thing to be dead. Then again, it could just be classic 24 writing...

At least they finally revealed the super-ultra-mega-uber-villain to be... a bunch of really evil nerds?
Old 04-25-06, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Ahh, yes the British. Wasn't Desmond British?
German.
Old 04-25-06, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott1598
can someone give me a little recap of last night's ep? i fell asleep prior... i would appreciate it. thanks.
Minute-by-minute: http://www.fox.com/24/episodes/
Old 04-25-06, 11:04 AM
Suspended

Kim Raver = Worst Actress on Television Today. I was rooting for Robocop until Curtis showed up to kick some ass.
I guess you're not aware of a character named Claire on Lost.

I love how Mike is always overacting. Last season he had that hilarious peek out from behind the door reveal. This ep he had the shifty eyed "this day has been *squint* very strange" moment. LOL
Old 04-25-06, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Jack got his Hoodie of Invisibility from Dumbledore. Not sure why he needed the bags though. "Hey! There's someone sneaking on the plane! Oh wait, it's okay, he's carrying luggage."
You would Heller would value his life a bit more than to just all of a sudden drive off a cliff.

Kim Raver=worst actress on TV? You watch The OC?
Old 04-25-06, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What's up with Karen? She is in charge of CTU now isn't she? Why did she have to go behind the other dipshits back to warn Chloe about the "tact team"? She needs to grow a pair.
Old 04-25-06, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by edstein
What's up with Karen? She is in charge of CTU now isn't she? Why did she have to go behind the other dipshits back to warn Chloe about the "tact team"? She needs to grow a pair.
Deniability. She has no proof of anything, just going on a hunch. Why would she alert everyone else to her suspicions at this point. Especially considering that weasel that who is her second in command.
Old 04-25-06, 12:18 PM

the scene at the end w/ jack getting on the plane was awesome... he puts on his invisibility cloak and just walks on

Old 04-25-06, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Chauzer

the scene at the end w/ jack getting on the plane was awesome... he puts on his invisibility cloak and just walks on

C'mon, it's no different than Ben Kenobi walking around the Death Star unnoticed.
Old 04-25-06, 12:46 PM
Suspended

I can't see anything after he puts the hood on. Just a bunch of camera pans and cuts.
Old 04-25-06, 01:01 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some cheesy stuff in there, but it all moved so fast it didn't really bother me. I thought the scenes with the Logans was really well acted by both Itzin & Smart. I doubt Heller is dead. I really hope Agent Pearce isn't dead, because an off-camera death is probably the lowest... but I'm also not sure how that scenario could have logically played out otherwise. I'm sure he'll wake up handcuffed in the barn or something in an hour or two, just in time to save Martha from the bad guys or to help Jack apprehend Logan.
Old 04-25-06, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I just can't see Heller immediately killing himself by flying off a cliff. He's a military guy (not some Muslim terrorist) and would've tried any number of things with the chopper on him before suicide, such as, I don't know, slamming on the breaks and leaping out (helicopters can't stop on a dime) or even just doing on a rollout at any point. It may have hurt a bit but it'd beat death by drowning in a submerged car.

Then again, he did punch Jack in the throat, so...
Old 04-25-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by uteotw
I just can't see Heller immediately killing himself by flying off a cliff. He's a military guy (not some Muslim terrorist) and would've tried any number of things with the chopper on him before suicide, such as, I don't know, slamming on the breaks and leaping out (helicopters can't stop on a dime) or even just doing on a rollout at any point. It may have hurt a bit but it'd beat death by drowning in a submerged car.
Um, I think a trained sniper who was already able to get a laser sight on him in the car would easily be able to readjust his aim to compensate for any of your options. The water was the only viable method for Heller to even POTENTIALLY escape.

I loved how Hendson was reasoning with Audrey - "Sometimes there are air pockets in car that go into water like that. He might be able to breathe for up to 30 minutes. Let me call my men and maybe they can save him!"
Old 04-25-06, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe he borrowed it from a (former) coworker?

Old 04-25-06, 02:19 PM

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
I guess you're not aware of a character named Claire on Lost.
...or Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle), from CSI.
Old 04-25-06, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I loved how Hendson was reasoning with Audrey - "Sometimes there are air pockets in car that go into water like that. He might be able to breathe for up to 30 minutes. Let me call my men and maybe they can save him!"
After Curtis took Henderson in, wouldn't you expect Audrey to say something about her father possibly still being alive and for them to send someone to do a rescue? Of course, then we can't have the moment later when Heller miraculously shows up.
Old 04-25-06, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Meglos
German.

Desmond is british, but he could be working for the germans.
Old 04-25-06, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by edstein

She obviouslly doesnt trust the weasel guy.
Old 04-25-06, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Who were the 4 guys that seemed to be giving pres Logan orders ?

Next week looks good when Jack hijacks the plane !
Old 04-25-06, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Desmond is british, but he could be working for the germans.
From the official 24 website:

http://www.fox.com/24/character/

8:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M.
After the name of an intelligence broker is retrieved from Henderson’s computer, Jack and the TAC team raid the woman’s hotel room. They only find her lover, who is actually a German operative on an undercover mission. The agent refuses to give up the woman to Jack because he must protect his own investigation. Jack offers to give him the classified U.S. list of terrorist suspects, which Germany has wanted. The agent agrees to trade his mark for the list, and he leads Jack to capture the woman. Yet the agent discovers that Jack triggered the list to self-destruct. Jack gives the woman full immunity in order to find out the source that provided her the information to trade to Bierko. The source is Audrey.
Old 04-25-06, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Heller should not have let Toonces drive.

That seriously made my day!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.