Reload this Page >

Anyone experience glitches with Tivo?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-21-06, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I was wondering if any of you have experienced glitches with Directv DVR with Tivo? For example, I have a Season Pass for Survivor Exile Island and was stoked to see tonights episode. However, to my dismay, I checked my Now Playing List and it was nowhere to be found. I checked why it wasn't recorded and it something along the line of "The program was not recorded because someone modified the season pass that originally requested it" Huh? Up until tonight, my season pass has recorded this show perfectly for the past 5 seasons I've been watching the show.

Also, on Tuesday my Tivo season pass forgot to record Boston Legal which was a new episode. It said that it didn't record the episode because the same episode title appeared within the last 28 days. Was this a glitch with Directv's program guide that caused this?

Now any idea what the heck is going on here? I can deal with missing these 2 shows this once, but I don't want this to happen again when 24 or CSI air.
Old 04-21-06, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think DirecTV is causing this so we all jump from our tivos over to "their own" DVR service myself.