DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   "Celebrity Cooking Showdown"/"Heist" canceled - NBC - what gives? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/462905-celebrity-cooking-showdown-heist-canceled-nbc-what-gives.html)

mike7162 04-20-06 06:15 PM

"Celebrity Cooking Showdown"/"Heist" canceled - NBC - what gives?

I never watched CCS, and wasn't that crazy about Heist, but why do the networks pull shows so quickly after putting millions of dollars into producing them? They paid for them, they might as well broadcast them. I don't see how playing more reruns helps NBC's cause.

dvdmovie1 04-20-06 06:53 PM

What I watched of "CCS" was absolutely awful. They will never replicate the magic of "Iron Chef".

zebop 04-20-06 07:09 PM

NBC kicked the show online, it's availible on their site. How ridiculous is that? I actually wanted to see CCS, CCS is still on my cable/TV Guide thing so they must have yanked it at 7:35 or something.

Scott27 04-20-06 09:40 PM

They yanked 'Showdown' this afternoon. It usually takes a few hours for on-screen program guides to update.

But NBC will be burning off the final 2 episodes of 'Showdown' on Saturday night (8-10 ET/PT, I believe).

DRG 04-20-06 10:05 PM

I guess you can't really blame them. It was eating up a whole week of programming and performing worse than an average rerun would. On Monday it was in fourth, Tuesday it did so poorly it was behind the WB (Gilmore Girls), and Wednesday it was in fourth against generally weak competition (Bones won the hour with a so-so 6.6 rating).

I know Bravo has been re-airing these... I wonder why they don't just shuttle them over there?

SPiRAL 04-20-06 10:58 PM

I just turned to NBC and they had a rerun of 'Earl', it was the one with Christine Taylor. Damn, I caught the last 20 secs of it. Does anyone know if there was another Earl at 8:00 ? I caught the end of the 8:30 show.

TyroneJordan 04-20-06 11:34 PM

CCS an embarassment.

mongoco 04-20-06 11:55 PM

I hope this is the beginning of the end of these types of shows
Dancing With the Stars
Skating With Celebs

Y2K Falcon 04-21-06 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by mongoco
I hope this is the beginning of the end of these types of shows
Dancing With the Stars
Skating With Celebs

I don't really see more Skating with Celebs, but from what I hear, Dancing... is a juggernaut.

boc4ever 04-21-06 08:24 AM

I only caught bits and pieces of ccs but I thought it was terrible...

I thought "Hells Kitchen" was pretty good though...

Charlie Goose 04-21-06 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by SPiRAL
I just turned to NBC and they had a rerun of 'Earl', it was the one with Christine Taylor. Damn, I caught the last 20 secs of it. Does anyone know if there was another Earl at 8:00 ? I caught the end of the 8:30 show.

There was another repeat of Earl at 9 (NY time) where he had previously faked his death to get out of a relationship and was trying to make it up to the girl.

bigjim25 04-21-06 08:58 AM

SPiRAL - Will and Grace rerun at 8

SPiRAL 04-21-06 02:23 PM

Thanks Charlie, and Jim !!

Jackskeleton 04-21-06 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by mike7162
I never watched CCS, and wasn't that crazy about Heist, but why do the networks pull shows so quickly after putting millions of dollars into producing them? They paid for them, they might as well broadcast them. I don't see how playing more reruns helps NBC's cause.

Because it makes sense on a business standpoint to cut their losses. Reruns of Earl will more than likely get better ratings than Celeb cook off and so YANK! the show that they produced and failed was pulled before it cost them any more millions.

twikoff 04-21-06 07:05 PM

wow
cut after 3 airings on a week long show?

rotfl