DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Supernatural -- "Dead Man's Blood" -- 04/20/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/462838-supernatural-dead-mans-blood-04-20-06-a.html)

LorenzoL 04-20-06 09:11 AM

Supernatural -- "Dead Man's Blood" -- 04/20/06

"Dead Man's Blood" Episode #119.
Spoiler:
John Winchester reunites with his sons to avenge a friend's death.

Cast: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Terence Kelly.
Director(s): Tony Wharmby.
Producer(s): Eric Kripke, Robert Singer.
Writer(s): Cathryn Humphris, John Shiban.

Original Airdate: April 20, 2006.

dhmac 04-20-06 09:25 PM

About time they did a vampire episode. I liked the take on vampire lore - dismissing the cross, sunlight, stake-in-heart stuff and just leaving the cutting off the head to kill them. And the "dead man's blood" stuff was a good addition.

LorenzoL 04-21-06 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by dhmac
About time they did a vampire episode. I liked the take on vampire lore - dismissing the cross, sunlight, stake-in-heart stuff and just leaving the cutting off the head to kill them. And the "dead man's blood" stuff was a good addition.

I also like the way they revised the vampire lore. :up:

Can't wait for the last two episodes of the season!

Crashnburn 04-21-06 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I also like the way they revised the vampire lore. :up:

Can't wait for the last two episodes of the season!

Same hear about liking the changes to the vampire lore. I always thought the wooden stake thing was a bit silly. Why does it have to be wood? I did like the eye effect they had as well as the dead man's blood. I know the dead man's blood is pretty similar to Anne Rice's not drinking to past the point of deat but thought it was a pretty cool variation.

crankyman 04-22-06 10:22 PM

ummm. my wb said 'it's down to the final 2 episodes'.

they didn't say season. wtf?

this was a *great* episode. i'm surprised this show doesn't get more attention than it does. pisses me off to see good shows like this go more or less unnoticed.

good dialogue. and a bit of changeup having their father there. and at least 2 of them got away. it'll be cool to see them show up in a later episode (if there are any).

Joe Molotov 04-22-06 11:06 PM

You think highly trained paranormal hunters like them would notice that those were not Vampires. They were Highlanders.

crankyman 04-23-06 10:00 AM

well, i hunt vampires too and i don't know what a highlander is.

LorenzoL 04-23-06 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by crankyman
well, i hunt vampires too and i don't know what a highlander is.

I'm not sure if you are being serious about not knowing what a Highlander is but Joe Molotov is referring to the movie "Highlander" with Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery and its many sequels and tv series. Once you watch the movie, you'll understand what he is referring to.

spainlinx0 04-24-06 12:02 AM

I liked the episode, but I would like to hear more about the gun. What exactly made it so special other than it was forged on the night of the alamo and during Halley's comet?

Chew 04-24-06 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by crankyman
ummm. my wb said 'it's down to the final 2 episodes'.

they didn't say season. wtf?

I noticed that too. I wouldn't read a lot into it considering it won't be a "WB" show regardless of it's future.

MEJHarrison 04-24-06 12:24 PM

I thought this show was already announced as being one of the shows moving over to the new network. So I'm not really concerned.

As for the show itself, I think it just might be my favorite new drama from this past season. I look forward to this one more than any other.