DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   What About Brian? 4/17/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/462590-what-about-brian-4-17-06-a.html)

Patman 04-17-06 10:28 PM

What About Brian? 4/17/06

I didn't think the 2nd episode was all that interesting either. I fear it's on life-support for me, and I doubt the ratings will warrant it coming back next season.

Brian's an idiot if he thought Lisa B. was going to just jump in the sack with him after he'd already been in the sack with Lisa. Can't say Brian is all at sympathetic of a lead character. I'm, like, rooting against him, and it's only the second episode.

mike7162 04-17-06 10:37 PM

Yeah, guys who look like that always have trouble with women.

Link_182 04-17-06 10:48 PM

In the first five minutes of the pilot, I identified with Brian and felt for him. After having seen the rest of the pilot and the second episode, I don't like the guy one bit. Actually I can't really find any characters I actually like. I gave it another episode after the pilot (I think the soundtrack did it, but obviously they spent their whole music budget on the first episode) but I think I'm gonna drop this one. The chances of it lasting are very slim anyway.

maingon 04-17-06 10:51 PM

liked the first one didnt really care for this one, some good moments though

B.A. 04-17-06 11:23 PM

Dave and Marjorie are the only characters I care for.

TheKing 04-18-06 03:50 AM

How do they expect anyone to feel sympathetic toward Brian and his situation after this episode?

This woah is me crap while he's banging women left and right just isn't gonna cut it. We're supposed to feel sympathy for this guy because he can't have one woman, while he's sleeping with the rest of the city?

In fact, the only guy on the show I feel any sympathy is the married guy. He's not getting any, and his wife wants to sleep with anybody but him. That's a guy to get behind and support!

Still, the episode did give me a great idea for a future season of 24. Jack Bauer has to go somewhere he's never gone before...he needs to sleep with 2 women in the next 24 hours! "Dammit! take off your skirt, WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!"

Link_182 04-18-06 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by TheKing
How do they expect anyone to feel sympathetic toward Brian and his situation after this episode?

This woah is me crap while he's banging women left and right just isn't gonna cut it. We're supposed to feel sympathy for this guy because he can't have one woman, while he's sleeping with the rest of the city?

In fact, the only guy on the show I feel any sympathy is the married guy. He's not getting any, and his wife wants to sleep with anybody but him. That's a guy to get behind and support!

Still, the episode did give me a great idea for a future season of 24. Jack Bauer has to go somewhere he's never gone before...he needs to sleep with 2 women in the next 24 hours! "Dammit! take off your skirt, WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!"

Don't forget the amazing twist, when the last girl left to sleep with is....

Spoiler:
Nina Myers
:jawdrop:

riley_dude 04-18-06 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by TheKing

Isn't that the description of most single guys in a big city? God, there are a large amount of guys on these boards who would rather talk about how good the girl looks in the show rather than the actual plot.

SexualPudding 04-19-06 02:35 AM

If the girl is Sarah Lancaster and the show is as bland and contrived as this show is, you bet your ass.