Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

U.S. Paintball Championships on ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD tonight (Monday Night)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-06, 01:39 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Set your TiVo, Tell your Friends... U.S. Paintball Championships Presented by Vault – Episode #2 Airs tonight on Monday Night on ESPN2!

Each week for the next twㅇmonths, 8 NPPL Professional Paintball teams face off against each other in one-hour episodes on ESPN2 and ESPN2HD.

Every Monday night starting April 10th at 10 PM Eastern Time/7pm Pacific Time, ESPN2 will air coverage of the 2005 National Professional Paintball League’s (NPPL) U.S. Paintball Championships held at Miami’s Bicentennial Park.

From exciting duels in the snake to long-range sniping, ESPN2 captures the fast-paced action. Featuring a $50,000 cash prize, the largest prize in NPPL history, the round robin tournament features eight of the world’s best professional paintball teams.

If you missed last Monday nights episode of U.S. Paintball Championships it will re-air tonight at 9pm Eastern/6pm Western Time and the NEW episode will air immediately following (10 pm Eastern/7 pm Pacific) on ESPN2.
Old 04-17-06, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PaintballDork

From exciting duels ...
Heh. I watched the first episode, and there was absolutely nothing "exciting" about it. Paintball is wonderful to play, but it's not particularly interesting to watch, especially when ESPN has yet to figure out any way to televise it in a coherent manner. The non-stop firing doesn't help either. It would translate to television better if there were limited ammo and more intermittent shooting.

das
Old 04-17-06, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts
I caught some of the local tournament coverage on some show on WGN and it's rather boring to watch. Besides, stealth is practically out the window when the cameras are pointed right in the direction of where team players are behind bunkers.
Old 04-17-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I watch a few from a year ago or so. It just seemed like a live version of Quake deathmatch. Everyone just running around shooting as fast as they can hoping they hit someone.
Old 04-17-06, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I take it it's more speedball than woodsball?
Old 04-17-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The one I watched a while ago was all speedball.