Search this Thread

Old 04-16-06, 12:31 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
The West Wing - "Requiem" - 4/16

"Requiem"
Spoiler:
President Bartlet and his current and former staffers come together for Leo's funeral.
Old 04-16-06, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nowhere near as emotional as i thought it would be but that is because they didn't really focus on leo, i think. i guess that it reflected the fact that life in washington goes on. good to see all of the returning cameos although there was too much amy.
Old 04-16-06, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I actually liked this episode because they didn't focus too much on Leo/John's death. It would have been far too depressing otherwise.

Speaking of depressing, Amy is annoying as ever.

I hope that isn't the last we see of Ainsley.
Old 04-16-06, 11:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I actually liked this episode because they didn't focus too much on Leo/John's death. It would have been far too depressing otherwise.

Speaking of depressing, Amy is annoying as ever.

I hope that isn't the last we see of Ainsley.

Maybe Santos can meet Ainsley's boss -- a redhead fella who likes to keep taking off and putting on his sunglasses and making bad puns. Santos can tell him that Sipowicz doesn't send his regards.
Old 04-16-06, 11:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Was ayone else thinking it may not be such a good idea to have the guy with MS as a pallbearer

Looking forward to next week
Old 04-16-06, 11:47 PM

poor Toby; poor Josh, Danny, CJ, and Donna to boot
Old 04-16-06, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrX
Was ayone else thinking it may not be such a good idea to have the guy with MS as a pallbearer
Sadly, me too.
Old 04-17-06, 12:05 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I was thinking surely the pres needs secret service guys around him, and couldn't be a pall bearer..

I love amy.
Old 04-17-06, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know Rob Lowe is fast approaching, but couldn't they of at least used a chance from the episode he's actually shooting to do a quick shot of him sitting in the church? He seemed to be the only major character we were missing from all the shots in the beginning.
Old 04-17-06, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX

Looking forward to next week
I think the Bartlett administration must have cured MS. It hasn't been part of the storyline for quite a while, no cane, etc.
Old 04-17-06, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
Bartlett has relapsing-remitting MS. "This subtype is characterized by unpredictable attacks (relapses) followed by periods of months to years of relative quiet (remission) with no new signs of disease activity." Since he's not using the cane, he must be in a quiet period.

There were a couple cutaways in the church of secondary characters I didn't notice. Anyone want to list them all? Good to see Allison Smith again, although it would have been nice if they'd given her a freakin' line this time.
Old 04-17-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by WillieTheShakes
Sadly, me too.
I thought he was going to drop it, and Leo would spill out
Old 04-17-06, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Agreed. I thought they did a great job. I liked that they remembered fondly in thier stories. I had to laugh at the constant use of "lovely service....it was more of a celebration really."
Old 04-17-06, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The scene where Bartlett has to compose himself before going in to "perform" for everyone else was really well done.

das
Old 04-17-06, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
I hope Santos does pick Al Bundy er ... Governor Baker as his VeeP!
Old 04-17-06, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This ep was really well done, especally considering the fact that they basically did in in S2 with "Two Cathedrals" (My favorite ep). The opening segment was a tearjerker for me, I imagine it must have been very tough for a lot of the actores that were close to John Spencer in real life to have to basically do a second funeral on tv.

In the opening while they were panning to everyone there was a redheaded woman shown (not Mallory or Margaret) but it didn't look like the same woman who played her in S1. Anyone know if that's her or was supposed to be. I know it seems like a minor detail but I watched from the begining and will bug me till I know.

I too find Amy to be annoying and hope we won't be seeing her anymore. Santos offered her the position of "Director of Legislative Affairs" which if I recall correctly was Josh's offical title in the Bartlett admin even though he was also Deputy COS. The previews for next week show Josh offering the Deputy COS job to
Spoiler:
. Sam .
Is that something that varies from admin to admin or am I just remembering something incorrectly?

Last edited by NORML54601; 04-17-06 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-18-06, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Overall, a decent episode, but I was expecting a little more emotion as well.

Seeing Ainsley Hayes was the highlight for me, and the lowlight was, of course, Mary Loiuse Parker, who is arguably, the most annoying guest character ever on WW (Garafalo a close second).

Kudos to the powers that be for getting the old crew together for their opening cameos (especially glad to see Matheson, Procter, and all Bartlett daughters); however, I did find it especially inappropriate that Vinick, Bruno, and Seaborn were not in attendence.
Old 04-18-06, 02:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OldDude
I think the Bartlett administration must have cured MS. It hasn't been part of the storyline for quite a while, no cane, etc.
If they can bring peace to the Middle East in one episode, why not cure MS?
Old 04-18-06, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by NORML54601
I too find Amy to be annoying and hope we won't be seeing her anymore. Santos offered her the position of "Director of Legislative Affairs" which if I recall correctly was Josh's offical title in the Bartlett admin even though he was also Deputy COS.
She does share Josh's attack dog quality, so maybe it's appropriate. Problem is Josh's lack of tact always managed to get him into trouble and Amy's more tactless than Josh. That's also why I have trouble picturing Josh in Leo's old position; Josh isn't nearly the diplomat Leo was.