Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Surface second season? DVD?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-13-06, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has there been any word on the possibility of a second season of "Surface" or maybe a season 1 dvd set?
Old 04-13-06, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just asked the same thing in another thread. No one seems to know.
Old 04-13-06, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I think NBC will rule on the show's future in May. I'm sure the DVD will be eventually available. The whole season is available on Itunes if you can't wait.
Old 04-13-06, 03:15 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Between its shortened season and the fact the ratings have been okay but not spectacular (given the higher budget the show must need) I don't think it'll be renewed. Especially now that NBC is plugging Deal or No Deal into that slot and getting better numbers (while it lasts).
Old 04-14-06, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
Between its shortened season and the fact the ratings have been okay but not spectacular (given the higher budget the show must need) I don't think it'll be renewed. Especially now that NBC is plugging Deal or No Deal into that slot and getting better numbers (while it lasts).

Surface deserves a second season but shown in continuous run like 24. I think it has a good chance of getting renewed. While it is not getting the ratings that DOND get, it did get respectable ratings and is a fairly unique show. It has a pretty big fanbase. At worst, it should be picked up by SciFi. Also, it has been picked up internationally so that might be another aspect in its favor.
Old 04-14-06, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd watch a second season. But I can't imagine myself spending money for DVDs.
Old 04-14-06, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd buy a Nimrod doll.
Old 04-14-06, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd buy a Savannah doll.
Old 04-14-06, 08:09 PM

Surface on DVD

It is actually being sold on Ebay in England but you will have to make sure it is in a format that will play on our equipment in the US. Nothing from NBC yet but if you go to their site, you can request items you would like to buy.

I am the co-founder of Project Nim, along with Jstnxprsn and we post on TV.com and other boards. Please join us for updates and what you can do to help. www.savesurface.com is a great site to visit and you can link to us from there as well as post your comments.

We have organized a May Day letter/email writing campaign and we could use everyone's help. The main petition is still up and you can link to that from savesurface. It has over 11,000 signatures. The best news is that we have heard from Jonas Pate and he wants to deliver the petition in person to Kevin Reilly when he and his brother meet with him in early May. For those of you who don't know who they are, they are the writers/producers of Surface.

Please join us and bring all of the Surface fans you know.

Keep something in the water
Save Surface, free Nim

Isis
Old 04-17-06, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by isisinhouston
It is actually being sold on Ebay in England but you will have to make sure it is in a format that will play on our equipment in the US. Nothing from NBC yet but if you go to their site, you can request items you would like to buy.

I am the co-founder of Project Nim, along with Jstnxprsn and we post on TV.com and other boards. Please join us for updates and what you can do to help. www.savesurface.com is a great site to visit and you can link to us from there as well as post your comments.

We have organized a May Day letter/email writing campaign and we could use everyone's help. The main petition is still up and you can link to that from savesurface. It has over 11,000 signatures. The best news is that we have heard from Jonas Pate and he wants to deliver the petition in person to Kevin Reilly when he and his brother meet with him in early May. For those of you who don't know who they are, they are the writers/producers of Surface.

Please join us and bring all of the Surface fans you know.

Keep something in the water
Save Surface, free Nim

Isis
I signed your petition. Hopefully it will help.

I have a region free DVD player, but I don't think I want to go through the trouble of importing a dvd for big money and only being able to watch it on one (crappy) dvd player. I'll wait for the region 1 release, or as a last resort I'll find another way to "aquire" the season 1 episodes.
Old 04-17-06, 04:49 PM

Amazon.com is also taking requests for DVD's and if you register, they will notify you when Surface is available. Netflix is listing it but with no release date.

Isis
Old 05-09-06, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bumping this up... the set is coming out on August 15 ($49.98).

So, given that I've completely ignored the show this year... is this worth checking out? And, given that a second season looks unlikely, does that impact the enjoyment of what few episodes we have?
Old 05-09-06, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
So, given that I've completely ignored the show this year... is this worth checking out? And, given that a second season looks unlikely, does that impact the enjoyment of what few episodes we have?
I enjoyed it quite a bit. It wasn't a great show, but it was a fun show. Even if it doesn't get renewed for Season 2, they were able to wrap up most of the plot threads from the first season with the finale and bring some closure to the series.
Old 05-24-06, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts
Surface on DVD:

8/15/06
Old 07-18-06, 08:14 PM

Since NBC has cancelled Surface..................................................
Here is the contact information to voice your opinion about future seasons of Surface. Many voices are louder than a few.

The Sci-Fi Channel(We are asking them to pick up Surface for future seasons because they are airing Surface Season One, it's a Sci-Fi type of show that would fit nicely on their channel, and they have picked up other Sci-Fi shows in the past.)

Bonnie Hammer
President,
The Sci Fi Channel,
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

[email protected]
[email protected]

Mark Stern
Executive Vice President,
The Sci Fi Channel,
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

[email protected]
[email protected]

Thomas Vitale
Senior Vice President of Acquisitions,
The Sci Fi Channel,
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

thomas.vitale @nbcuni.com
[email protected]

David Howe
Executive Vice President and General Manager,
The Sci Fi Channel,
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

[email protected]
[email protected]

Bill Brennan
Vice President of Publicity,
The Sci Fi Channel,
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

[email protected]

SVP Corporate Communications,
The Sci Fi Channel
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

[email protected]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBC
Kevin Reilly
NBC
3000 W.Almeda Room A-209
Burbank, Ca

[email protected]

Katherine Pope
NBC
3000 W.Almeda Room A-209
Burbank, Ca

[email protected]

Jeff Zucker
NBC
30 Rockefeller Plaza
2502E New York

[email protected]

Angela Bromsted
NBC UNIVERSAL STUDIOS
100 UNIVERSAL CITY PLAZA BLVD Suite 1230
4M Universal City , Ca

[email protected]

Visit www.savesurface.com for more info please.
Old 07-18-06, 08:28 PM
X
Administrator

Received 149 Likes on 120 Posts
This must have been a tough one to search out on Google...