Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 5: 10:00PM - 11:00PM" -- 04/03/06

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-06, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the hell ? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. So Logan is the mastermind behind all this? I don't understand why he was pushing so hard to get that bill signed when it was his men telling HIS government not to sign the damn thing. But still a damn good episode. Gotta love Jack coming through the smoke with Bierko over his shoulder (sort of like a 5'5" Arnold ). And did anyone notice Curtis isn't getting much screentime these days. You'd think he would have gone along with jack to the warehouse.
Old 04-04-06, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by tenaciousdave

Nice!
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
I actually saw this coming a from a mile away. What's wrong with you people? Have you not watched this show the last 4 years?

There has to be twist at the end of every episode, therefore the VP could not be the head guy. No on else in the president's staff would hold the same shock factor and given all the hints about how high up this goes, it seemed obvious to me that it must be Logan.

This show is so unpredictable that it is completely predictable.
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
OFFICIAL JACK BAUER KILL COUNT
This week:
4 Gun
1 Knife
This season:
2 knife
17 gun
1 hacked bomb detonation
1 surgical scissors
1 Leg Scissor Neck Break
22 TOTAL
He might have gotten a few more kills, or at least assists w/ the sniper rifle.
Old 04-04-06, 12:11 AM

Didn't see that ending at all. Since CTU is being absorbed into HLS, isn't HLS, itself, just a part of DOD? Maybe Secretary Heller will do something.
Old 04-04-06, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Writer 1: So this whole nerve gas thing is wrapped up. Um... now what?
Writer 2: I dunno. We need to top the first four seasons, though.
Writer 1: Some sort of grizzly bear?
Writer 2: No. We really need to shock the people, even if it makes no sense.
Writer 1: I've got it! Jack is a traitor! And he has been all along! And Chase's baby was in on it, too!
Writer 2: Brilliant!
Old 04-04-06, 12:22 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
So the president knew all along that Jack would stop the Syntox gas? Or he hoped to kill half of LA?

the prez and cummings were in it together, I'm completely lost.
Old 04-04-06, 12:25 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where is Mike Novak in all of this?
Old 04-04-06, 12:25 AM
Banned

I guess the President killed Cummings, then?

Originally Posted by DRG
Where is Mike Novak in all of this?
Uh Oh...I sense the real mastermind *Dun Dun DUN!*
Old 04-04-06, 12:28 AM
Banned

I was expecting the big secret bad guy to be Heller. I guess there's still time. After all, 24 is like a video game -- every big bad guy is just a mini-boss and Jack has to work his way up every level. Logan is just Ridley or Kraid.

Originally Posted by Preditor74
I want to formally apologize!

For the past few months I have been dogging 24 on how silly it had become...and most of my complaints were mainly about the POTUS.

I am sorry I had no faith...that ending just made things make a lot of sense!!! I still think this season would be better to watch more than just one episode a week...so maybe next year I will watch in spurts instead of week to week..but all I gotta say is well done 24..well done!
So the most senseless part of this season makes the most sense to you?
Old 04-04-06, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I thought the big shocker was that it was gonna be Secretary Heller. I've got no idea what's going on now...
Old 04-04-06, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Legolas
I was expecting the big secret bad guy to be Heller. I guess there's still time. After all, 24 is like a video game -- every big bad guy is just a mini-boss and Jack has to work his way up every level. Logan is just Ridley or Kraid.
So who's gonna be Mother Brain?
Old 04-04-06, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ThePrimeDreamer
Didn't see that ending at all. Since CTU is being absorbed into HLS, isn't HLS, itself, just a part of DOD? Maybe Secretary Heller will do something.
That's DHS (Department of Homeland Security) and for the record the suits are a bunch of AHoles. No, they're not a part of the DoD. Almost all the other DoJ agencies are part of DHS.

So, will Jack get killed next week? Of course he wont, but he can have hope. It would be cool if the Guard just opens up on a bank. "Just following orders..."
Old 04-04-06, 12:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Doughboy
So who's gonna be Mother Brain?
Donald Sutherland? Former President Keeler after he returns from wherever he a Berhooz are hanging out? Jack Bauer from the future?

Is it time for a Fox sweeps crossover yet? Dr. Gregory House? Fox Mulder? Amanda Woodward? The Blue Hands men from Firefly? Montgomery Burns?
Old 04-04-06, 12:56 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
this whole season has pretty much been a let down. i dont know if its because this is the first season i have watched one episode per week (i ve watched the previous seasons on dvd within 3-4 days). Seems like theyre just killing off characters and making everyone a mole for shock value. Shouldve never killed off Tony.
Old 04-04-06, 12:58 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Legolas

So the most seneeless part of this season makes the most sense to you?

Not saying it makes sense per se...however...it does explain a lot of the President's actions...why Jack Bauer was brought out of hiding...a good guess on why palmer was REALLY killed..

The writers totally pulled the wool over my eyes for this twist. I had not expected it a mile away. Not to sound like I am bragging...but I had felt that this past 2 seasons had become extreamly predicatble and was losing faith...this twist totally took me by surprise and just helps justify some of the stuff I was complaining about in earliar episodes...

By the way...you guys should check out this clip and watch some of the presidents expressions...it just makes sense!

http://melodyclark.fanfictiononthenet.com/stuff/24.wmv
Old 04-04-06, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the President Logan situation pretty much makes sense. A group of "patriots" including Logan sold the nerve gas to the terrorists. The plan was to set off the gas and kill the terrorists because they wanted to establish a military presence in the Middle East for oil reasons. He's not involved with the terrorists and had no intentions of the gas being used against US citizens.

The plan got screwed and the terrorists started threatening the US with the gas. Logan has honestly been trying to stop the terrorists because he never intended to harm US citizens. He didn't want his wife killed, but she put herself in a situation where he had to put the US's safety in front of hers.

Now that the threat of the gas has been eliminated, Logan must cover everything up. All evidence of his involvement must be destroyed and people who know about it must be killed.

The only part that doesn't make sense to me is Walt Cummings. I forget who it was that exposed him. If it was the President, then it's a plot hole. If it was Mike Novac, Mrs. Logan, or CTU then it makes sense. The President had to pretend to not know anything so he wouldn't expose himself.

I don't believe Logan is the mastermind though. I think most likely it will end up being Secretary Heller. Don't forget that the schematics had a DOD encryption and so far nobody exposed would have had access to it.

Last edited by tenaciousdave; 04-04-06 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-04-06, 01:25 AM

The only part that doesn't make sense to me is Walt Cummings. I forget who it was that exposed him. If it was the President, then it's a plot hole. If it was Mike Novac, Mrs. Logan, or CTU then it makes sense. The President had to pretend to not know anything so he wouldn't expose himself.
Walt Cummings confessed to Logan when he found out Jack was on his way to the retreat to meet Mike Novick. I just rewatched that part of the episode(12pm-1pm) and Logan looks completely shocked and clueless. The writers have their work cut out for them making this twist seem even remotely plausible.
Old 04-04-06, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Walt Cummings confessed to Logan when he found out Jack was on his way to the retreat to meet Mike Novick. I just rewatched that part of the episode(12pm-1pm) and Logan looks completely shocked and clueless. The writers have their work cut out for them making this twist seem even remotely plausible.
Was anyone else in the room at the time or aware of the situation? I don't remember anyone else there, but it's been a couple months now.

I think it's also possible that Walt Cummings wasn't aware of Logan's involvement. Cumming's contact wasn't Henderson, but another man who's already dead.

It's possible that they didn't know of each other's involvement and Logan didn't want to expose himself to Cummings due to fear of being ratted out.

Last edited by tenaciousdave; 04-04-06 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-04-06, 01:58 AM

Cummings -> Guy with yellow tie -> Bierko -> Chris Henderson -> President.

I think that's how the chain went, but please correct if I've missed someone. Not sure how it could be more complicated than that, but it's 24.
Old 04-04-06, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the President Logan situation pretty much makes sense. A group of "patriots" including Logan sold the nerve gas to the terrorists. The plan was to set off the gas and kill the terrorists because they wanted to establish a military presence in the Middle East for oil reasons. He's not involved with the terrorists and had no intentions of the gas being used against US citizens.
If this turns out to be the explanation, then this:

I don't believe Logan is the mastermind though. I think most likely it will end up being Secretary Heller. Don't forget that the schematics had a DOD encryption and so far nobody exposed would have had access to it.
Would be part of a different plot.

The schematics wouldn't have been part of the Logan/Cummings plot to set the nerve gas off on the terrorists once they left the U.S. That part of the plan would only have come about once the terrorists decided to use the nerve gas on Americans.
Old 04-04-06, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by resinrats
Yikes!!!

At first I thought maybe the first lady and then when it was showing a man's hand, I thought Arron (that would be a twist).
You didn't recognize the voice?

I think it's also possible that Walt Cummings wasn't aware of Logan's involvement. Cumming's contact wasn't Henderson, but another man who's already dead.
That's the way I see it. He is the friggin POTUS unleashing nerve gas on the public. The number of people that KNOW that he is behind it is going to be very minimal, like one or two people. Walt was a grunt man and not priviledged for that info.

I was definitely surprised. Not shocked but surprised. My wife went with the VP, but I told her they were painting quite a picture against the VP, so much so that it would be very un-24 for it to be him. I however did not even consider Logan. Nice twist.
Old 04-04-06, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BigDan
Would be part of a different plot.

The schematics wouldn't have been part of the Logan/Cummings plot to set the nerve gas off on the terrorists once they left the U.S. That part of the plan would only have come about once the terrorists decided to use the nerve gas on Americans.
You're right. I lost track of my own plot analysis.

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
That's the way I see it. He is the friggin POTUS unleashing nerve gas on the public. The number of people that KNOW that he is behind it is going to be very minimal, like one or two people. Walt was a grunt man and not priviledged for that info.
I don't think that he was involved in trying to gas the public, see a few posts up.

Although you're right that the number of people that would know of his involvement would likely be very low.
Old 04-04-06, 03:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I was definitely surprised. Not shocked but surprised. My wife went with the VP, but I told her they were painting quite a picture against the VP, so much so that it would be very un-24 for it to be him. I however did not even consider Logan. Nice twist.

I dunno, last year the mole was obvious from the get-go (Marianne Taylor), but then again, it was Season 4, after all.
Old 04-04-06, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
President Keeler should have done a background check on Logan before naming him his VP and then subsequently getting killed giving the guy the Oval Office.

Who would have thought The Commander in Chief would be the new villain.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.