DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Best Firefly Episode.... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/460056-best-firefly-episode.html)

Cancer Man 03-24-06 02:20 PM

Best Firefly Episode....

What is the best episode of Firefly? Which episode has the best character moment, most witty Whedonisque one liner and most intriguing turning point in the story arch?

My personel favourite episodes are "The Train Job", "Our Mrs. Reynolds", "Ariel" and "Heart of Gold". Although the rest of Firefly's season is consistently brilliant as well.

MrTerrific 03-24-06 02:25 PM

It's funny that you posted this question today because I just finished watching Firefly for the 2nd time.

My favorite episode is "Out of Gas" followed closely by "Objects in Space".

uberjoe 03-24-06 02:27 PM

"Our Mrs. Reynolds" has the best writing and "Whedonesque" lines/moments. "Objects in Space" is second.

Joe Molotov 03-24-06 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by uberjoe
"Our Mrs. Reynolds" has the best writing and "Whedonesque" lines/moments.

I loved the end of it:
"You did let her kiss you, didn't you? I KNEW it!"

Doughboy 03-24-06 02:51 PM

"Our Mrs. Reynolds" is the best.

"She has a name!"
"So does this. I call it Vera."

The best scene in Firefly hands down though is in "Jaynestown". I think you can figure out which scene I'm referring to.

wergo 03-24-06 02:54 PM

I voted for 'Objects' but the pilot was a close second.

Cancer Man 03-24-06 03:03 PM

Posted by Doughboy:
The best scene in Firefly hands down though is in "Jaynestown". I think you can figure out which scene I'm referring to.
Dr. Simon Tam: "No, this is what going mad feels like..."

onebyone 03-24-06 03:24 PM

My favorite is "Our Mrs. Reynolds." The first time through, I wasn't quite sold on the series until I watched that one. It marks the point I fell in love.

kvrdave 03-24-06 04:18 PM

I watched them all over a period of a few days, and don't think there is one I would call my favorite. I don't think any were particularly bad.

BobDole42 03-24-06 04:29 PM

My vote is for "Out of Gas."

lysander 03-24-06 04:33 PM

I voted Ariel. The last scene of that episode made Jayne my favorite character

valkyrie 03-24-06 04:38 PM

I had to vote for "objects in space," though the decision was not an easy one. I just loved Early's dialog. It also really worked to set up the distance and the love between River and the rest of the crew. I would really have loved to see where the story line was going (I don't think Serenity quite capture it).

Puzznic 03-24-06 05:27 PM

It's hard to pick but there are three that I consider the absolute best that Firefly (and TV for the most part) has to offer.

Our Ms. Reynolds
Out of Gas
Objects In Space

spainlinx0 03-24-06 05:36 PM

Out of Gas and Objects in Space are the episodes I think of the most when I remember the series so I'm going to have to put them as my top 2.

Big Dave 03-24-06 05:45 PM

Objects In Space

So dark, but so great.

Maxflier 03-24-06 07:34 PM

Our Mrs. Reynolds.

Jimmy James 03-24-06 07:54 PM

What's up with the "and" use here?

My top 3 are:

Objects in Space
Jaynestown
Out of Gas

SunMonkey 03-24-06 08:58 PM

I just watched the series for the first time last week, and I would have to go with Jaynestown.

I hate Fox.

Mattrk 03-24-06 09:20 PM

I voted for "Ariel" since it's such a good caper story. But still this is a hard choice.

Best lines, though, are from "War Stories" -

Zoë: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Zoë: No, Jayne - this is something the Captain has to do for himself.
Mal: No! No, it's not!

garmonbozia 03-25-06 05:01 PM

Out of Gas.

no contest.

didn't even have to think about it. shame it didn't have it's own spot in the poll.

LorenzoL 03-25-06 05:35 PM

The top 3 episodes for me are:
Our Mrs. Reynolds
Out of Gas
Heart of Gold

jrsl76 03-26-06 12:26 AM

I watched the season several back in early fall, but seem to remember liking "The Message" best.

mndtrp 03-26-06 02:34 AM

I really get a kick out of Jaynestown.

nemein 03-26-06 04:25 AM

My favorite episode is "Out of Gas" followed closely by "Objects in Space".
Same here, but reversed ;)

Puzznic 03-26-06 06:57 AM

I am suprised to see Heart of Gold be mentioned twice. I thought that Heart of Gold, along with Safe were the weakest episodes of the series. I still enjoyed the alot though.