TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The O.C. - 03/23/06

Old 03-23-06, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The O.C. - 03/23/06

"The Undertow" Episode #318.
Spoiler:
When an old nemesis returns to Newport, Ryan gets caught up in helping her, causing a rift between him and Sadie.

Cast: Peter Gallagher, Benjamin McKenzie, Kelly Rowan, Adam Brody, Mischa Barton, Rachel Bilson, Melinda Clarke.
Producer(s): Josh Schwartz, Doug Liman, McG, Dave Bartis, Bob DeLaurentis.

Original Airdate: March 23, 2006.

The O.C.
Old 03-23-06, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Was it me, or was this episode a total mess?
Old 03-23-06, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I actually enjoyed the Summer/Seth storyline. I think I liked Taylor's role in an ep for the first time - actually made me laugh once or twice.

Happy to see that they didn't drag out the Jess thing - they do that enough as it is w/ the other storylines.

Nikki Reed, "Sadie", looks better every time I see her on the show.
Old 03-23-06, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I wouldn't say total mess. The Jess and Matt subplots were boring, but the rest of the show was pretty good. It's always good to see Taylor, and she was in top form tonight.

And yes, Sadie does seem to be getting hotter each week.
Old 03-23-06, 11:26 PM

what a bunch of whores....sleepin' after not even the first date...man.

I'm speaking about Ryan, Sadie, Marisa, and Kevin, of course.
Old 03-24-06, 12:40 AM

The Matt subplot looks like it will be one of the key developments for the rest of the season. I'm curious to see where it goes.

Great episode tonight, hopefully they will keep the new characters around for a bit longer than this season.
Old 03-24-06, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by MFRONE
Great episode tonight, hopefully they will keep the new characters around for a bit longer than this season.
I hope so too, but this is The O.C. we're talking about here. Nobody sticks around on this show. They definitely need to keep at least Taylor. They finally found a perfect role for her after the whole debacle with the "Nazi Dean" and her unhealthy infatuation with Seth.

I like Sadie, but it's pretty obvious she's just a stopgap until they inevitably force Ryan and Marissa back together. I hope the writers come to their senses and realize those two have had zero chemistry post-Oliver.

Matt.....who cares? Unless it ensures additional screentime for Morena Baccarin, he can kiss off.

Dr. Roberts has technically been around since Season 1, but it looks like he'll become a semi-regular based on the preview. Which is fine as long as he continues to share the screen with Melinda Clarke who has almost single-handedly kept this season from hitting rock bottom.

Kevin Voltron or whatever the hell his name is needs to go. He doesn't suck as bad as Johnny(though who besides Oliver could?), but any character paired with Marissa is doomed to be filler anyway.
Old 03-24-06, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Why couldn't Marissa have fallen off the cliff too?

@ Sadie -- best looking girl on this show yet
Old 03-24-06, 05:27 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Patman
This is "The O.C.:A Tribute to Beverly Hills : 90210" parody! The show is getting darker this season. What we will expect is the wedding between Julie Copper Nicol Roberts (so long...) and Dr. Neo Roberts in the season finale. Maybe Jeri Ryan or Billy Campell will reprise their roles as Charlotte Morgan and Carter Buckly because we know Kirsten will never have a good life. Where the hell is Anna? The rumors say that she will come back this season, but it makes no sense that Summer and Seth are getting along well. No chance for Olivia Wilde...
Old 03-24-06, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by MFRONE
The Matt subplot looks like it will be one of the key developments for the rest of the season. I'm curious to see where it goes.

My Matt prediction - Sandy cans him (but makes the mistake of telling him why), and Matt reacts very, very, very badly over the course of the rest of the season.
Old 03-24-06, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
Why couldn't Marissa have fallen off the cliff too?

@ Sadie -- best looking girl on this show yet
Sadie? Please tell me your joking. I guess you like girls with moustaches.
Old 03-24-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I didn't see any moustache on Sadie, and I definitely thought she looked great. Even apart Ryan and Marissa are ridiculously annoying. I wanted to jump into my tv and punch him in the face when he left their date to go to the party. Give me a break.
Old 03-24-06, 09:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I didn't see any moustache on Sadie, and I definitely thought she looked great. Even apart Ryan and Marissa are ridiculously annoying. I wanted to jump into my tv and punch him in the face when he left their date to go to the party. Give me a break.

Same here.
Old 03-24-06, 10:39 AM

Yeah, I didn't see any moustache either. Granted, I had to tape this episode, so I didn't get a chance to watch it in HD, but I thought Sadie looked great.

And yes, Marissa is a pain in the ass.
Old 03-24-06, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Sadie doesn't look 18 years old at all (she looks more 22-23ish to me).

I also love how Ryan's 27-year-old real life character turned 18 on the show last week.
Old 03-24-06, 12:21 PM

I also love how Ryan's 27-year-old real life character turned 18 on the show last week.
What's even funnier is that the actor who played his older brother last season(not the original actor) is younger in real life. And another thing. If Ryan just turned 18, how was he driving around back in Season 1 when he was 15? I'm guessing that's due to them being juniors in the first season before the writers decided to retcon that and not have them become seniors until Season 3.
Old 03-24-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts
I felt this episode was kinda meh. Not as good as the past two weeks. What I don't understand is why Ryan keeps feeling compelled to help out Jess - she's a totaly lying manipulative nitch. And no, I'm not putting Marissa in that category.

Furthermore, can somebody tell me why Marissa and Ryan "weren't working"? Except for the whole Johnny thing, I really feel lost here. All of a sudden Saddie shows up?!...she needs to leave now. Granted I haven't felt that spark between Ryan and Marissa lately, but that's because there haven't been any situations that caused that though. Really like it last week where they showed the flashbacks to "The Model Home" and played South.

Really felt like the Summer/Seth characters have been pretty stale as of late.

to Kirsten getting more parenting. Actually giving her something to do.

Be interesting if Matt blames Sandy and put him in the hospital for the finale to bring everybody together again.

Man I miss season 1. Sadly that wasn't shot in widescreen. =(
Old 03-24-06, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doughboy
I hope so too, but this is The O.C. we're talking about here. Nobody sticks around on this show. They definitely need to keep at least Taylor. They finally found a perfect role for her after the whole debacle with the "Nazi Dean" and her unhealthy infatuation with Seth.
It was that story that made me check out of this show for good.
Old 03-24-06, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Superman07
Man I miss season 1. Sadly that wasn't shot in widescreen. =(
It was definitely shot in widescreen. I still have 16x9 rips of every Season 1 episode on my hard drive(if WB is reading this, I also bought the box set). For "creative reasons", it was decided to release it in 4x3 on DVD.
Old 03-25-06, 11:40 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by kallen
This is "The O.C.:A Tribute to Beverly Hills : 90210" parody! The show is getting darker this season. What we will expect is the wedding between Julie Copper Nicol Roberts (so long...) and Dr. Neo Roberts in the season finale. Maybe Jeri Ryan or Billy Campell will reprise their roles as Charlotte Morgan and Carter Buckly because we know Kirsten will never have a good life. Where the hell is Anna? The rumors say that she will come back this season, but it makes no sense that Summer and Seth are getting along well. No chance for Olivia Wilde...
Anna...soon....2-3 weeks?
Old 03-25-06, 02:42 PM

Sadie doesn't look 18 years old at all (she looks more 22-23ish to me).

Nikki Reed actually is 18. Of course, she looked almost 18 when she was in Thirteen.
Old 03-25-06, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Was there a thread for this show last week? I don't see it. My friend's band was on the show doing a cover of Foreigner or some such noise.
Old 03-25-06, 07:57 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
Was there a thread for this show last week? I don't see it. My friend's band was on the show doing a cover of Foreigner or some such noise.
Yes there was. Same size as this week. They wern't bad either.
Old 03-25-06, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally Posted by Superman07
Not as good as the past two weeks. What I don't understand is why Ryan keeps feeling compelled to help out Jess - she's a totaly lying manipulative nitch.

That made no sense whatsoever - out of left field. I liked Jess' hot college friend who made the call to Ryan though.

Taylor was the highlight of the episode.

No Julie.
Old 03-26-06, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Decent episode this week but a lot of still seems forced.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.