DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Season 5 of the Shield - how was it? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/459777-season-5-shield-how.html)

saoirse 03-22-06 07:44 PM

Any idea when they will be showing this season again on FX? (I just watched the first four while season 5 was on). Thanks.

Tommy Ceez 03-22-06 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by adamblast
For most shows, I wouldn't know how to relate to that comment. For The Shield it makes perfect sense. I know better than to root for people like Vic and the Strike Team, but damn if I don't keep hoping they get away with it each time...

Adamblast, is Lompoc CA, your location, what we were referring to as Longpoke, the location of the prison that plays a role in this season?

boobietheclown 03-23-06 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by saoirse
Any idea when they will be showing this season again on FX? (I just watched the first four while season 5 was on). Thanks.

Yeah anyone have any news on this...???

Thanks!

tbird2340 03-24-06 02:45 PM

Best show to EVER be on TV (imo). This season was freaking AWESOME just like the rest!

saoirse 03-27-06 10:52 AM

Haven't been able to find when they are re-showing this season. Anyone know?

MovieExchange 03-27-06 01:55 PM

Add me to the list that ranks this as possibly the best season of the series. The interplay between Kavanaugh and Vic was spectacular.

mdc3000 03-27-06 02:29 PM

I'm trying to debate if Season 5 of The Shield was the best season of the series, or the best season of any series I've ever seen...I am salivating at the thought of where the rest of Season 5 could take us, but so far, what they gave us was the most satisfying, well thought out and well acted season of TV I've seen in AGES.

MATT

starseed1981 03-27-06 04:31 PM

Season 2 still edges season 5 in my book...I just loved when Vic put that guys face on a grill. Classic.

MovieExchange 03-27-06 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Season 2 still edges season 5 in my book...I just loved when Vic put that guys face on a grill. Classic.

Heh... a friend of mine said he didn't think he could get into The Shield because he just couldn't believe The Commish was a dirty cop. I threw that episode into my DVD player and said "Can you imagine The Commish doing this?"

I've done that for several people with that same "I can't get into it" line, actually.

rfduncan 03-28-06 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by jkberden
So what did you think of Vic and company's latest exploits? Did the show maintain its level of excellence? I cannot wait for this to make it to Dvd.

Originally Posted by sauce07
Does anybody know if they are going to release the first half on DVD before the second half gets started?

I would be seriously suprised if they released this half of the season on DVD before the last episodes are shown. HBO got a tremendous amount of flack for that with Sex and the City's final season. If I were you, I'd watch it on reruns. It is just too f-ing good to pass up - not to mention avoiding spoilers from all that has happened so far in season 5!

Why aren't you just recording it? Each new episode was only on like 4-5 times the week it aired... :shrug:

boobietheclown 04-17-06 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by saoirse
Haven't been able to find when they are re-showing this season. Anyone know?

bump

rfduncan 04-17-06 04:04 PM

SpikeTV just started re-airing season 1 in order (two episodes every Friday 10-midnight and Monday mightnight-2am). So season 5 will probably start in a few months?