DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Time Bomb - Arquette Sudden Death clone 3/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/459456-time-bomb-arquette-sudden-death-clone-3-19-a.html)

cleaver 03-19-06 02:19 PM

Time Bomb - Arquette Sudden Death clone 3/19

They've been pimping this TV movie during the NCAA tourney, it looks like the stupidest thing in the history of television.

das Monkey 03-19-06 06:43 PM

I smell another <i>10.5</i>. When I think of "action heroes", the first guy on my list is Louie Anderson, but <i>second</i> on my list is David Arquette.

das

SuperBatMan 03-19-06 07:25 PM

Looks like a damn 24 ripoff in movie form.

Philly30 03-19-06 09:03 PM

People actually watch these CBS movies?, they are all terrible

Patman 03-19-06 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
I smell another <i>10.5</i>. When I think of "action heroes", the first guy on my list is Louie Anderson, but <i>second</i> on my list is David Arquette.

das

The 3rd is Andy Richter.

DVD Josh 03-20-06 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Philly30

What????!?!?! Of course they do. It's America's Most Watched network.

Legolas 03-20-06 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Philly30

Made-for-network-TV movies used to be a big deal back in the days of Lonesome Dove. Then the bottom fell out of the market and unless your TV movie is based on a bestselling novel, you usually get things like 10.5, Category 6 and David Hasselhoff's Nick Fury.

digitalfreaknyc 03-20-06 12:57 PM

DAVID Arquette?

Nahh...seee.....get ALEXIS Arquette to save the world. THAT'S how it's done ;)

clckworang 03-20-06 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Legolas
Made-for-network-TV movies used to be a big deal back in the days of Lonesome Dove. Then the bottom fell out of the market and unless your TV movie is based on a bestselling novel, you usually get things like 10.5, Category 6 and David Hasselhoff's Nick Fury.

Yeah, I remember growing up when TV movies were a really big deal, and pretty much each network would show one every week, to big rating also. Remember when there were like 3 competing Amy Fisher TV movies? Ah, those were the days.

Mopower 03-20-06 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
Yeah, I remember growing up when TV movies were a really big deal, and pretty much each network would show one every week, to big rating also. Remember when there were like 3 competing Amy Fisher TV movies? Ah, those were the days.

Ya back when the big three networks were all that there were and no one had cable.

Peep 03-20-06 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
Remember when there were like 3 competing Amy Fisher TV movies? Ah, those were the days.

Actually wasn't that the defining "jump the shark" moment for TV-movies in general?

Legolas 03-20-06 04:55 PM

^ Well if we had Fox back then, their movie would've been Amy Fisher vs. Predator.

And if we had the WB, Fisher would've been a hip, hot, rich girl at a school full of pretty rich kids that she can beat up with kung fu.