Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Star: Tommy Lee

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rock Star: Tommy Lee

Old 03-15-06, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if this is considered confirmation or not, but Tommy is also mentioned on the motley crue website as being a part of Rock Star....
Old 03-15-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From eonline:

From bradn12: Is it true? I heard Tommy Lee might be on Rock Star.
Yes, I have confirmation from a source that Tommy Lee will most definitely be a part of the new supergroup they are forming for season two of CBS' Rock Star. The group also will include members from other well-known rock bands (though the people themselves aren't all that famous), and they will be looking for that one supertalent (the new J.D.) to round out the band. My sources tell me CBS also wanted to cast Slash of Guns N' Roses on the show, but couldn't afford both Lee and Slash. My suggestion? Put a big ol' hat on Weird Al and call it a day.
Old 03-15-06, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 110 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
My sources tell me CBS also wanted to cast Slash of Guns N' Roses on the show, but couldn't afford both Lee and Slash.
Couldn't afford Slash? Regardless of money, why would Slash even think of this? Unless Scott Weiland went off the deep-end, Velvet Revolver is orders of magnitude better (and more successful) than anything this contest could result in.

I'm finding zero interest in Tommy Lee as the centerpiece of a new season of Rock Star.
Old 03-15-06, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I would rather see ROCKSTAR: HOUSE BAND...they were awesome!
Old 03-15-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
i would definitely watch that!
Old 03-15-06, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I loved the House Band as well, but would Rafael still be available? Dude got arrested a little while ago for getting in a fight.
Old 03-15-06, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
I would rather see ROCKSTAR: HOUSE BAND...they were awesome!
Actually, think about it, they could be picking a frontman/songwriter
Old 03-16-06, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
I would rather see ROCKSTAR: NEW RADICALS...they were awesome!
Fixed.

Get it? Because two of the members of the ho... oh fuck it, nevermind...

I don't like Tommy Lee and I dont know if I can watch a second season of this show (I almost gave up near the end as the people I liked all got booted). However, add Vince Neil as one of the contestants (in hope of a fight), and I'm game.
Old 03-16-06, 11:03 AM

According to Variety.com, MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee, along with bassist Jason Newsted (VOIVOD, ex-METALLICA) and Gilby Clarke (ex-GUNS N' ROSES), are forming a new band called SUPERNOVA and will use the "Rock Star" TV program to search for a lead singer. In addition, "Rock Star" has signed songwriter-performer Butch Walker to produce SUPERNOVA's first album, to be released just before the new band hits the road in 2007. Walker, named Rolling Stone's 2005 "hot" producer, has written or produced tracks for AVRIL LAVIGNE, PINK, BOWLING FOR SOUP and TOMMY LEE.

Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke will return as hosts. Each weekly episode, which will air on CBS-TV, will also now feature guest appearances by celebs or rockers.

"Friends of mine, like Slash, Macy Gray, Moby and Rob Zombie, will join us and throw in their two cents about who should stay and who should go," Navarro said.

Lee released his third solo album two years ago and starred in NBC's "Tommy Lee Goes to College" last year.

Newsted left METALLICA in 2003, forming the band ECHOBRAIN and performing for technothrash band VOIVOD. Clarke has worked with various artists since GN'R split, including Michael Jackson and Lenny Kravitz.

Burnett, David Goffin, Lisa Hennessy, Navarro, Lee and Carl Stubner will exec produce the second season of "Rock Star". Conrad Riggs and Eden Gaha are co-exec producers.
Old 03-16-06, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't care about INXS and I won't care about SUPERNOVA. I'll still tune in to watch the weekly performances.
Old 03-16-06, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 107 Likes on 71 Posts
I thought Newsted was Ozzy's bassist now. Wouldn't he be busy with Ozzfest this summer?
Old 03-16-06, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
The pieces might seem OK, but there is no way in hell the stuff will be hard enough because that wouldn't attract a big audience. Who wants to hear former members of G N' R and Metallica doing a bunch of pussy pop songs.
Old 03-16-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cdollaz
The pieces might seem OK, but there is no way in hell the stuff will be hard enough because that wouldn't attract a big audience. Who wants to hear former members of G N' R and Metallica doing a bunch of pussy pop songs.
Exactly. The only thing that remotetly peaked my interest in the article were the guest "judges."
Old 03-16-06, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Lionel_Hutz
In addition, "Rock Star" has signed songwriter-performer Butch Walker to produce SUPERNOVA's first album, to be released just before the new band hits the road in 2007.

Butch Walker? I'm in. Although, they should just get Butch to do the lead vocals.
Old 03-16-06, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just read an article confirming this somewhere else as well. My interest has dropped dramatically, but I'll check it out based on how much I loved the original series.
Old 03-16-06, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Well, what was great about INXS was that the contestants got to sing INXS songs before they left. Who the fuck cares about Supernova songs?