Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 5: 7:00PM - 8:00PM" -- 03/13/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 5: 7:00PM - 8:00PM" -- 03/13/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-06, 08:50 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Too bad to see Tony go, but would rather that than some surprise next week and see that he's not really dead.

All suspending of disbelief aside, I enjoyed last night's episode.
Old 03-14-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Maybe the mere fact that we really have no idea whether or not Tony's dead means it's a pretty dang good show...

That said, if Tony really is dead I'll be ticked--he didn't deserve to go out like that--and he deserved the silent clock more than Edgar.

However, as long as we got to see Jack grab Kimmy's new man by the throat the episode was worth it. (Is he really "20 years" older than Kimmy? Didn't look that old to me.)
Old 03-14-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by uteotw
(Is he really "20 years" older than Kimmy? Didn't look that old to me.)
Pretty darn close:

C. Thomas Howell - 7 December 1966
Elisha Cuthbert - 30 November 1982

16 years difference.
Old 03-14-06, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
I guess I missed the part in the rules where is said that everytime someone dies, they have to get the fucking silent clock.
It isn't that, it's the fact that such a minor character(a season & a half) received it last week when compared to Tony, a major fucking character, has been on for all 5 seasons.
Old 03-14-06, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez, enough with the hatin'.

I am loving this show this year. As a show gets more popular, there are more and more people that bitch about it. I didn't even get mad that Tony went out like a pussy. If anything, it makes death more of a threat for this season. Who the hell knows who else may get it this year. This show is taking chances. How many shows in the past have killed off 50% or more of the (semi) regular cast? Looking at my favorite shows of the past, there really wasn't a lot of tension when the hero was in a predicament because odds are they would be ok. If not, it was advertised weeks ahead to where you expected it to happen. The only exception I can think of right now involves the death of Henry Blake. That was damn moving and unexpected.
Old 03-14-06, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by bothanspy
I still want to know what happened to Ferrous.
You mean Behrooz?

Jack left him with the mummy and promised he would not forget to come and get him....oopsie!

My theory is that he is behind everything this season and is exacting revenge on CTU for leaving him hanging.
Old 03-14-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Let's see, in the last few seasons Jack has had to deal with The Mummy, Jigsaw, Warlock, and Robocop.
Old 03-14-06, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dave-o
You mean Behrooz?

Jack left him with the mummy and promised he would not forget to come and get him....oopsie!

My theory is that he is behind everything this season and is exacting revenge on CTU for leaving him hanging.
- Pretty sure Behrooz is dead (the terorrists extracted the tracking device that CTU implanted in Behrooz's head--probably more than a little painful).

- Pretty sure Tony is dead (Jack crying + karma for trying to kill Henderson against Jack's wishes and thus almost ruining any hope of CTU getting the canisters)

- No silent clock was good (Tony's death just wasn't as emotional, and it would have been too much for a silent clock two weeks in a row)

- Wasn't it a bit F'd up when the security guard made us think he was going to be ok? I mean, it was a split second, but I believed it.
Old 03-14-06, 10:52 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Geez, what 'regulars' are still alive at this point?

Jack, Chloe, Bill Buchanan, and Curtis at CTU; Aaron Pierce and Mike Novick on the prez side

And from past seasons... Erin Driscoll, Audrey's dad, Chase, Kate Warner, Behrooz?
Old 03-14-06, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ryuryu2949

- Pretty sure Tony is dead (Jack crying + karma for trying to kill Henderson against Jack's wishes and thus almost ruining any hope of CTU getting the canisters)
Sorry to ruin all of the wishful-thinkers out there, but there is no question Tony is dead. Check out: http://www.fox.com/24/profiles/ta.htm
Old 03-14-06, 10:59 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

- No silent clock was good (Tony's death just wasn't as emotional, and it would have been too much for a silent clock two weeks in a row)
I agree. Tony going out is more of a call for vengeance against Robocop. Whereas there was a bigger sense of overall despair in Deadgar's passing. I was feeling anger for Tony biting it, sadness for Deadgar.
Old 03-14-06, 11:03 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry to ruin all of the wishful-thinkers out there, but there is no question Tony is dead. Check out: http://www.fox.com/24/profiles/ta.htm
They forgot to flash to pictures of his dead body.
Old 03-14-06, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

kim's boyfriend's prison pu**y looks fake. i think he's a mole.
Old 03-14-06, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

michelle and palmer are not on their list. There's still hope!
Old 03-14-06, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
I guess I missed the part in the rules where is said that everytime someone dies, they have to get the fucking silent clock.
Agreed. It worked last week dramatically, but it doesn't mean they have to do it every single time someone bites it. And Tony is dead, and while he died like a punk, that's sometimes how people die. Personally I thought it worked well.
Old 03-14-06, 11:38 AM

I assumed Tony was alive - I figured he was holding an adrenaline shot or something, not a murder cocktail. Stupid Tony, if he ends up dying because he couldn't decide whether to kill a guy or save the world. Shit or get off the pot!
Old 03-14-06, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
I really wanted this to be time for Jack and Tony to team up and get revenge. If Tony really is gone, at least he's with Michelle, aww. However, I always get kind of suspicious when we've got syringes full of mysterious substances. Everyone thought that Jack was dead too at one point. Hmm...

I was thinking, as Tony grabbed the syringe and vial, that it was adrenalin, ala Pulp Fiction. And he was going to try and revive Robocop long enough to kill him and make him feel it. Remember he was feeling his chest area? If it was just poison, he would have put it in his arm or something.

Now, I don't know what an overdose of adrenalin would do, but maybe there's hope.
Old 03-14-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by Meatpants
I assumed Tony was alive - I figured he was holding an adrenaline shot or something, not a murder cocktail. Stupid Tony, if he ends up dying because he couldn't decide whether to kill a guy or save the world. Shit or get off the pot!
Damn me and my slow reading and typing.
Old 03-14-06, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
I was thinking, as Tony grabbed the syringe and vial, that it was adrenalin, ala Pulp Fiction. And he was going to try and revive Robocop long enough to kill him and make him feel it. Remember he was feeling his chest area? If it was just poison, he would have put it in his arm or something.

Now, I don't know what an overdose of adrenalin would do, but maybe there's hope.
I assumed the same exact thing.
Old 03-14-06, 12:58 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by freudguy
Geez, enough with the hatin'.

I am loving this show this year. As a show gets more popular, there are more and more people that bitch about it. I didn't even get mad that Tony went out like a pussy. If anything, it makes death more of a threat for this season. Who the hell knows who else may get it this year. This show is taking chances. How many shows in the past have killed off 50% or more of the (semi) regular cast? Looking at my favorite shows of the past, there really wasn't a lot of tension when the hero was in a predicament because odds are they would be ok. If not, it was advertised weeks ahead to where you expected it to happen. The only exception I can think of right now involves the death of Henry Blake. That was damn moving and unexpected.
No No No! Not enough with the hating!!! Maybe you are a new watcher who started in the past couple of years and dont completly realize this show is RECYCLING the same crap from previous seasons. It's getting old!

Tony's death was incredibly lame! So lets look at it...here are the two ways it could of happened...

1.) Robocop was in a coma and he suddenly "woke up" right as Tony was looking down on him, made a split decision to kill him by thrusting the needle which was so perfectly positioned into his chest! I doubt this...

2.) Robocop was faking a coma (similar to what Nina did in Season 3) and the staff couldn't figure it out and so this gave him the reason to kill Tony. This is probably what happened...

So Tony dies from a small dose of the same stuff that was being given to Robocop in larger quantities??? Some may say..."Well they stuck it in his heart" but didn't it get injected into Robos bloodstream which *gasp* goes to the heart!!! If Tony really died from this, it is a slap in the face to the viewers. Tony is a great character and everyone expected him to bite it sooner or later...but not in this way. Add to that the silent clock factor...he should of gotten it. Why is it "too much" as some say? Its almost a sign of respect, and if Tonys moment wasnt "emotional" enough for it...then that goes to show they killed Tony off only for shock value!

The writers have been using characters deaths for 5 seasons now to try and shock the viewer. They need to find a new route because it is getting extreamly old. We all know no one is safe...they don't need to reinforce that.

As far as the show getting to popular and people bitching...its not because we are bitching about nothign...we are seeing things in shows that we love that are bothering to us that some other people are just to ignorent to look at or call out. Thats the difference between you and us...we are not such fanboys that will take anything they dish out at us...

There have been plenty of shows that took a downward spiral only to recover in later seasons (Buffy, Angel, Xfiles {season 7 wasnt good...season 8 was a big improvment...season 9 sucked}) So that still gives me hope 24 will pull itself out of this rut it is in...but until 24 redeems itself after last night's horrible writing (or more like this seasons)...this show will become a DVR show that gets watched when I have time during the week...and not making time for it.

Rant over
Old 03-14-06, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Preditor74
Maybe you are a new watcher who started in the past couple of years and dont completly realize this show is RECYCLING the same crap from previous seasons. It's getting old!

Tony's death was incredibly lame!
You're right. Tony's death was much more original in past seasons.
Old 03-14-06, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PacMan2006
Some people are saying they think Tony was taken out too quickly and that he didn't go out "right."

But Palmer was on the show for just as long, and his death was immensely quick, too. Although people were shocked, people here didn't seem disappointed.

What's the difference?
Not everyone can die a heroic death with a speech before the end comes. Come on.

I thought the episode was really good although it would have been better if Kim had died.
C.Thomas Howell had something glued to his face or someone put that gotee on with a Sharpie Marker. He can't act either.

Seems they are getting into the more "Soapy" arena this season as the series gets older. Melodrama!
Old 03-14-06, 01:14 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Thats the difference between you and us...we are not such fanboys that will take anything they dish out at us...

To be honest, isn't it the opposite? It's the fanboys who are complaining that Tony didn't die the way THEY wanted him to die (not to mention nitpicking the show to death as you have with that long paragraph on the injection scene that lasted less than 5 seconds).

In addition, I don't understand the high horse you're getting on - alot of us who enjoy the show by just going along for the ride has been with it since the beginning. Face it, maybe you're just getting tired of the show - it's a much simpler answer than some of the gradiose reasons you're coming up with.

Also, Jack Bauer tears > silent clock
Old 03-14-06, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No No No! Not enough with the hating!!! Maybe you are a new watcher who started in the past couple of years and dont completly realize this show is RECYCLING the same crap from previous seasons... difference between you and us...
Well, I actually have watched since season 1 episode 1. Calling me a fanboy? Um, no, not quite. Who exactly is this "us" you're talking about? Calling me ignorAnt because I like the show's direction? Pretty bold for a newbie.

This season has me hooked, more so than the past 2 seasons.
Old 03-14-06, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone else noted that C. Thomas Howell is two weeks older than Kiefer Sutherland? Just thought that was weird.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.