DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Top 10 Worst SNL Cast Members of All Time.... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/458616-top-10-worst-snl-cast-members-all-time.html)

MartinBlank 03-10-06 06:23 PM

Top 10 Worst SNL Cast Members of All Time....

http://www.thephatphree.com/features...3&LayoutType=1

And they're pretty much all from the '90s, no mention of Rob Schneider though.

Y2K Falcon 03-10-06 06:28 PM

Meh... I agree with some, disagree with others, but since Jimmy Fallon is on the list, I give it :up: :up:

GFM 03-10-06 06:31 PM

Could be the first time I've ever seen a top/bottom/best of/worst of list and actually thought it's pretty spot on.

Number 11 I could only presume would have been Anthony Michael Hall.

Red Dog 03-10-06 06:31 PM

Good list except for Julia Sweeney and Victoria Jackson.

Andalusia 03-10-06 06:48 PM

I agree with a couple, but overall a shitty list (nobody from the original cast should be on there).

riley_dude 03-10-06 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
Meh... I agree with some, disagree with others, but since Jimmy Fallon is on the list, I give it :up: :up:

I agree. Jimmy Fallon's smugness and smirks at his own humor nauseated me.

Brain Stew 03-10-06 07:06 PM

I think I remember Terry Sweeney and Randy Quaid being pretty bad.

Patrick G 03-10-06 07:55 PM

Ridiculous list. Fallon made the original airing of The Barry Gibb Talk Show one of the funniest skits in the history of the show. And Chris Rock was one of the worst the show has ever seen, and he didn't even make the list. And I'm a big Chris Rock fan now!

mike7162 03-10-06 07:56 PM

Some of these names are bringing up some awful memories. My list would have to include Terry Sweeney as well.

edytwinky 03-10-06 08:19 PM

Lists aren't usually the most accurate but this one did a great job.

Jason 03-10-06 08:46 PM

I pretty much agree with it, except for Victoria Jackson, and that's only because she gives me the hawt.

zebop 03-10-06 08:48 PM

Pamela Stephenson should have made the list.

Darknite39 03-10-06 08:49 PM

Of the cast members I'm familiar with, I agree with that list.

kvrdave 03-10-06 09:21 PM

I liked Victoria Jackson. But Colin Quinn was absolutely unwatchable.

Jimmy James 03-10-06 09:32 PM

I didn't think Quinn was that bad. I think he has a bum rap because they foisted him on us as the great Norm's replacement on WU. That was a disaster.

Any list that doesn't put Sanz in the 1 hole is a bad list in my opinion. I don't care what excuse is given for why he isn't up front. Make the alphabet start with S if you have to.

GoldenJCJ 03-10-06 10:00 PM

It's an alright list, I'd have put more '80s cast members in if was me but overall I can't argure with their choices.

For me, Nora Dunn would have been my #1.

Not only is she the most unfunny person ever on SNL, she is possibly the most unfunny person I've ever seen...Ever!

ryuryu2949 03-10-06 10:01 PM

i havent looked at the list yet, but i sure hope tina fey is on it. worst. update. host. ever.

Turd Ferguson 03-10-06 10:07 PM

"Charles Rocket committed suicide in 2005, having inadvertently come to the painful realization that he was Charles Rocket."

Amen.

Lara Means 03-11-06 04:30 AM

Colin Quinn was horrible with weekend update.

Count Dooku 03-11-06 06:56 AM

What an incredibly stupid list!!

How about some of these names:

Gail Matthius
Ann Risley
Tony Rosato
Christine Ebersole
Brad Hall
Gary Kroeger
Pamela Stephenson
Terry Sweeney
Danitra Vance
Dean Edwards

That's 10.

astrochimp 03-11-06 07:08 AM

As much as i am annoyed by Fallons constant giggling i dont think he should be on the top 10 worst list especially not at #1.First one i thought of(and had to look up her name) was Melanie Hutsell from the early 90's even though she had some funny moments she constantly flubbed her lines more than any cast member i can ever recall.

Oh yeah and Colin Quinn on WU was one of the most painful SNL experiences of alltime.

Count Dooku 03-11-06 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Darknite39
Of the cast members I'm familiar with, I agree with that list.

If you know who they are, they can't have been among the worst.

There have probably been a hundred SNL cast members, and you wouldn't know a third of them, even if they walked up to you wearing a "I USED TO BE ON SNL" t-shirt.

Being absolutely forgettable is the unforgivable sin for a performer.

DVD Josh 03-11-06 09:21 AM

First of all, Jay Mohr? That's ridiculous. His impressions of Walken are classic. Sweeney doesn't deserve this list either, nor does Garrett Morris.

I'm not certain whoever made this list really saw more than 15-20 random eps on SNL repeats.

zebop 03-11-06 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
What an incredibly stupid list!!

How about some of these names:

Gail Matthius
Ann Risley
Tony Rosato
Christine Ebersole
Brad Hall
Gary Kroeger
Pamela Stephenson
Terry Sweeney
Danitra Vance
Dean Edwards

That's 10.

Now that's a great list...I don't agree with Terry Sweeney due to his Nancy Reagan, but those other 9 are spot on...

dhmac 03-11-06 05:21 PM

How can any SNL Worst cast member list be complete without Mary Gross ?

She was completely unfunny in everything she did. Most memorable character (but not in a good way): her "Dr. Ruth" impression, which basically consisted of ending every sentence with "always use a condom."