Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol -- Elimination Show (Final 12 are Chosen!) -- 03/09/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home tonight?
Melissa McGhee
48.21%
Ayla Brown
28.57%
Kinnik Sky
89.29%
Lisa Tucker
7.14%
Kellie Pickler
0%
Paris Bennett
7.14%
Will Makar
71.43%
Bucky Covington
16.07%
Kevin Covais
69.64%
Gedeon McKinney
30.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

American Idol -- Elimination Show (Final 12 are Chosen!) -- 03/09/06

Old 03-09-06, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
woohoo!!! Melissa stays
Old 03-09-06, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Pharoh
As for the girls, would people please stop voting for Paris? Not only is she not that good, she continually shows no class.
How so?

Mildly surprised to see Ayla and Gedeon go. Gedeon is a pretty good singer, but all that Praise-Jesus-God-Bless-You and creepy rictus of a smile and stilted speech cost him votes.

As for Will, go home and have a nice dinner of porkchopsh and appleshauce.
Old 03-09-06, 09:08 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
woohoo!!! Melissa stays

I guess the not getting busy signals didn't mean much after all.
Old 03-09-06, 09:13 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
How so?

Mildly surprised to see Ayla and Gedeon go. Gedeon is a pretty good singer, but all that Praise-Jesus-God-Bless-You and creepy rictus of a smile and stilted speech cost him votes.

As for Will, go home and have a nice dinner of porkchopsh and appleshauce.

Perhaps decorum would have been a better choice of words. I am referring specifically to how she acts when she is told she is safe, which is before all of the remaining players. Also more generally to what I believe is a sense of entitlement she has.
Old 03-09-06, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So who are the 4 that are off? From your posts I gather Gedeon, Ayla and Will (not Kevin!?!?!?)

Who is the 4th?

I'm watching Survivor tonight instead of this.
Old 03-09-06, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gideon, Will, Ayla, and Kinnik.

Kevin made it to the top 12 believe it or not.
Old 03-09-06, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Gideon had by far the most bizarre sentence ever uttered on American Idol.

"The Blood of Christ saves me!"

WTF?
Old 03-09-06, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Hmm, was Kevin a last-minute or unexpected addition to the Top 12?

I noticed in the end, when they did the montage of the Top 12 contestants, Ryan Seacrest's voice-over saying "Kevin Covais" sounded noticeably different than the rest of the 11.

Did anyone notice that?
Im pretty sure its just the same audio and video from when he announced the final 24
Old 03-09-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gedeon, Will, Ayla, and Kinnik.

Yes, Kevin is in the final 12 and now I'm thinking that he'll make it to the final 9 or 8. Now that Will is gone, he's the last of the young boys - somebody has to be present for the young teens to vote for.

By the way, here is a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at how American Idol works, at least through the early Hollywood rounds. This is from a girl who was in Hollywood but was in one of the room that got cut. Besides very interesting insight into how the audition process goes, she's saying that the producers want a white male to win and she's picking Ace. She also says that Ayla Brown was stuck-up (rich white girl), and something about Katherine McPhee (snob maybe?). Oh well, interesting read:

http://www.theeastcarolinian.com/vne.../43fdeec0d4a55

...Anyways, Katherine is not so humble, she's overzealous, she's bossy, she's a b*tch, and they totally portray her as being the sweet girl. They didn't air the fight that we had because they wanted to keep her... [this girl was in the same group as Katherine during the group sing]

[in Hollywood] ...Kelly Pickler actually forgot all of her words for two days and they didn't show that...

... [At the auditions, the producers] know the difference between people who are trying to fake it and people who genuinely think that they are God's great gift. It's sad, because I witnessed this and I tried to teach these kids "Lady Marmalade" and I hear them sing and I'm just thinking "these are those people that they're going to parade on TV." Funny thing was, Crazy Dave, I taught him the song and I'm like "oh my God, this guy is so bad," I felt so bad for him...

...And another thing, the judges kept telling us to continually step it up. Is forgetting the words stepping it up? If I did that, I would have been gone the second I messed up. But Kelly Pickler did that and it didn't matter. Heather Cox? It didn't matter if she couldn't sing a note. They already had her on their list. They had their top 24 picked from before we even went to Hollywood. Otherwise there's no explanation for people like Sway. I don't even want to talk about him. They were all horrible in Hollywood. I'm not the best singer in the world, but I deserved to be there. I stepped it up. I did well the whole week, and I was cut. That's the hardest part for me. I will never know why [I was cut]. Ayla's a little snobby rich girl. I don't know how America's going to relate to her. They say that she's the All American Girl. Her father's the state Senator for Massachusetts, her mother is a TV news anchor for a Fox affiliate station. They told us we were not allowed to have any immediate family member work for Fox or a Fox affiliate, and I dug it up, and a lot of other people dug it up...

Last edited by Heat; 03-09-06 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-09-06, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn it how the hell is Kevin still on this show?

I still don't understand why callers can't vote one time only, for who they want OFF the show.
Old 03-09-06, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Because the aim of the show is to cultivate support for the eventual winner of the show so they will become fans of the new American Idol and buy their CDs, etc. Just making it a vote-off show won't engender the same fanbase dedication as it does with the current vote-on system.
Old 03-09-06, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
The only Idol I've ever supported is Kelly. To me, she really deserved it. The rest do seem engineered.

Oh and Bice sucked it hard.
Old 03-09-06, 10:29 PM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

Say it ain't so Gideon! God Bless you!
Old 03-09-06, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Heat
Gedeon, Will, Ayla, and Kinnik.

Yes, Kevin is in the final 12 and now I'm thinking that he'll make it to the final 9 or 8. Now that Will is gone, he's the last of the young boys - somebody has to be present for the young teens to vote for.

By the way, here is a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at how American Idol works, at least through the early Hollywood rounds. This is from a girl who was in Hollywood but was in one of the room that got cut. Besides very interesting insight into how the audition process goes, she's saying that the producers want a white male to win and she's picking Ace. She also says that Ayla Brown was stuck-up (rich white girl), and something about Katherine McPhee (snob maybe?). Oh well, interesting read:

http://www.theeastcarolinian.com/vne.../43fdeec0d4a55
Yeah, she doesnt have an ax to grind
Old 03-09-06, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's the worst I've ever heard Bo sing. He sucked.

Well, more fast forwarding through more Kevin Covais performances ahead. Say what you will but Gideon is probably the best singer ever that did not make the top 12. He performed well each night and this week was probably his best performance. Go figure! I wasn't too crazy about his attitude but he deserved better than losing out to a wimp douchbag like KC.

I believe Ayla was the unfortunate victim of the "Save Melissa" campaign. She deserved better as well.

No arguments with Will and Kinnik. Although I really liked Kinnik's attitude. She had a lot of class.
Old 03-09-06, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm really glad that Bucky made it through, but Gedeon should have stayed in past Kevin. SOO glad that Melissa made it through.
Old 03-09-06, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We get to see Melissa's cans for at least one more week.
Old 03-09-06, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was afraid Bucky was going home. Didn't see Gedeon not making the final 12. Funny thing is that I didn't care for him at all, but how Chicken Little got into the final 12 instead of him is beyond me.
Old 03-09-06, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Yeah, she doesnt have an ax to grind
Yeah, but that article was funny as hell to read. Thanks for posting that Heat.

Originally Posted by moocher
Although I really liked Kinnik's attitude. She had a lot of class.
She was so classy when she left. I was very impressed with her as a person, just not so much as a singer. She seems like a great lady.

Most of the exits this year have been classy. I miss other years when folks would cry and be upset and suffer through their farewell songs. That's good TV. The best we had was Brenna pimping herself to the end and Ayla fighting back a few measly tears. I am sure Ayla is a cylon though so even that didn't ring true. Sigh.

Last edited by onebyone; 03-10-06 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-09-06, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by twikoff
btw
what was with the twins being in the audience?
i thought they were in big trouble for fraud, identity theft, etc...
and they made a comment about being rich?
I was surprised when I saw them too. I can't believe they would let those [alledged] criminals in the studio, let alone provide any camera time.
Old 03-10-06, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Looks like America didn't love Gedeon.

2 months from now, we won't even remember who was in 13-24 in the final 24.
I think Ayla will still be known. She already has a college BBall scholarship, which she can easily turn into a WNBA carrer and try to turn that into a music career like lots of athletes. And if she gets good people behind her she can be something.
Old 03-10-06, 01:32 AM

Kevin is as adorable as a rotten dying rat. (And as cute as one too)
Old 03-10-06, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Everyone voted off deserved it in my opinion, but I would have picked Kevin over Gideon and Melissa over Ayla. Regardless, they'll all be gone soon.

I like Kellie, Katherine, Lisa, and Mandisa on the women's side, and Chris, Taylor, Elliot, and Ace on the men's side. I won't be mad if any of them win it, but based on the boards reaction, I have to say:

GO LISA!
Old 03-10-06, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Per the twins

Ryan said somethind their response was "and rich".

Nice job fellas.
Old 03-10-06, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Per the twins

Ryan said somethind their response was "and rich".

Nice job fellas.
I thought those guys got arrested.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.