DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Lost -- "Maternity Leave" -- 03.01.2006 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/457485-lost-maternity-leave-03-01-2006-a.html)

Rogue588 03-01-06 01:29 AM

Lost -- "Maternity Leave" -- 03.01.2006

"Maternity Leave"

A desperate Claire, along with Kate and Rousseau, attempts a return to the scene of her kidnapping where she believes she might find the cure for Baby Aaron's mysterious illness. Meanwhile, Jack and Locke must keep their prisoner a secret from the rest of the survivors.

cdollaz 03-01-06 08:18 AM

With 24 and Amazing Race now on, I find myself not really looking forward to Lost much.

RaraFemina 03-01-06 08:40 AM

I cannot WAIT for this episode. And for those in Canada...check you tv listings, cause this is being shown 2 hours early in some areas.

Geofferson 03-01-06 08:57 AM

After this, the next new episode will be March 22nd.

Pointyskull 03-01-06 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Geofferson

:hairpull:

Cusm 03-01-06 09:09 AM

I hate ABC. They screw us fans with this show non-stop. They need to learn how to break up the season better. This screwy breaks will(has) cause fans to loose interest in the show and stop watching, and then the exec will be scratching their heads wondering why they lost viewers.

pinata242 03-01-06 09:15 AM

Oh, you've got to be kidding me. Just hold this episode until the 15th then. I was already pissed I don't get a new Invasion because of that Barbara Walters special.

aktick 03-01-06 09:25 AM

While I understand to have a fall/spring season, they have to have many weeks off...I'd be much happier if they did "blocks" of 4 or 5 episodes, followed by a few straight weeks off. Kind of like what they do with Battlestar Galactica. It just gets old trying to figure out whether it's going to be a new episode or not every week.

aktick 03-01-06 09:25 AM

6 different preview clips for tonight's show. http://television.aol.com/feature/lost_tv

Doughboy 03-01-06 09:36 AM

And the next new episode after that will be April 12. That means between Nov. 30 and April 12, ABC will have shown 7 new episodes. 7 NEW EPISODES IN A 4 1/2 MONTH SPAN!!! Pathetic. Couple that with the storyline going nowhere this season and it's no wonder I'm this close to tuning out altogether.

Joe Molotov 03-01-06 09:55 AM

At least Prison Break is finally coming back on the 20th. I would have took 7 episodes over none.

freudguy 03-01-06 10:07 AM

I'm almost considering tuning it out until the DVD's come out. With my schedule right now, I lose track of when new episodes are shown. Many a time, I have turned on the DVR to watch the new Lost episode just to find out it was a repeat. In fact, I thought this week was a repeat so I'm glad I glanced at this thread.

Morf 03-01-06 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by freudguy
I lose track of when new episodes are shown. Many a time, I have turned on the DVR to watch the new Lost episode just to find out it was a repeat. In fact, I thought this week was a repeat so I'm glad I glanced at this thread.

:scratch2:

Does your DVR not allow you to record first-run episodes only?

Link_182 03-01-06 10:28 AM

Looks like this is the schedule now.

March 01 -- LOST -- Maternity Leave. NEW
March 08 -- LOST -- Whatever the case may be.
March 15 -- LOST -- House of the rising sun.
March 22 -- LOST -- The Whole Truth. NEW
March 29 -- LOST -- Lockdown. NEW

Well two out of five aint bad, but sheeeeesh.

Josh H 03-01-06 10:31 AM

Yeah, the schedule is annoying. I wish they'd just hold this one to the 15th, stupid to have one new episode then take 2 weeks off again.

Link_182 03-01-06 10:41 AM

Ehh, holding off would be ok I guess, but I really need a fix. Bad week. A new lost will do just fine.

freudguy 03-01-06 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Morf
:scratch2:

Does your DVR not allow you to record first-run episodes only?

Probably but I haven't spent the time to check it out. It's a media center PC with a media extender.

boogieman03 03-01-06 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
:hairpull:

Probably best sums up my feelings on the scheduling as well. I can find other things to occupy my time, but I tend to loose track of what's been happening (Last episode, I had forgotten that Michael was still lost looking for Walt) and therefore my excitement for the show dwindles.

resinrats 03-01-06 11:30 AM

I think more series should take 24's style and wait until January to show the whole season with no breaks in between. Sucks to wait that long but worth it when you don't have to wait several weeks to find out what happens.

Cusm 03-01-06 11:57 AM

I am all for the FX style one show run, than another new season of another show takes it's place so no reruns are aired. Then the 24 wait till January and show them all. Then I like the half now, half later of BSG and other shows. But I hate the new-8 old- 1 new-2 old-3 new crap of ABC and most other broadcasters.

Doughboy 03-01-06 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Link_182
Looks like this is the schedule now.

March 01 -- LOST -- Maternity Leave. NEW
March 08 -- LOST -- Whatever the case may be.
March 15 -- LOST -- House of the rising sun.
March 22 -- LOST -- The Whole Truth. NEW
March 29 -- LOST -- Lockdown. NEW

Well two out of five aint bad, but sheeeeesh.

They moved "Lockdown" up a couple weeks? I guess that makes it a little less sad.

Still, ABC needs to sack up and do what Fox did with 24(not to mention what they themselves did with Alias last season). Start in January and show all 22-24 episodes without repeats. Yes, they'd be sacrificing some revenue from November sweeps, but they don't have to worry about alienating viewers this way.

jarofclay73 03-01-06 12:17 PM

Actually, what's worse than the breaks is the fact that ABC shows FIRST SEASON episodes in between! I always felt that if "Lost" is shown in syndication, it can't be shown out of order. At least keep the reruns in the same season!

Anyway, I work at the ABC affiliate in Hawaii and I got to see some advancer clips which I feel is quite spoilerish.
Spoiler:
Claire finds the third bunker on the island, presumably the one she was taken to. It has the Dharma logo but with a different symbol. The hatch has a swan. The room the "tailies" were in had an arrow. This one has what I would describe as a "medical" symbol. I thought that was interesting.

aktick 03-01-06 12:37 PM

Came across a picture that I'm not sure is real, but I've no reason to believe it isn't, pertaining to Henry Gale - it's a big spoiler - http://lostinbelgium.skyblog.com/pho...jpg&Episode+17

DVD Josh 03-01-06 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by jarofclay73
Actually, what's worse than the breaks is the fact that ABC shows FIRST SEASON episodes in between! I always felt that if "Lost" is shown in syndication, it can't be shown out of order. At least keep the reruns in the same season!

That depends. I actually think, as do most of my LOST friends, that there is significance to repeats shown before new episodes.

pinata242 03-01-06 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
pertaining to Henry Gale - it's a big spoiler - http://lostinbelgium.skyblog.com/pho...jpg&Episode+17

I'd say so!