Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Wanna be in a Pilot? "Friday Night Lights" filming, Pflugerville High (near Austin)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Wanna be in a Pilot? "Friday Night Lights" filming, Pflugerville High (near Austin)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-06, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The local high school in the suburban town that I (and BigDaddy) live is the home for a pilot they are shooting to make Friday Night Lights into a tv pilot. I bet they won't "MTV" it up. (I'm looking at YOU, Oliver stone )

More than a week ago, they set up a huge tent (for storage mostly I guess) on the baseball practice field. Today they changed the high school name on the side of the building, pulling down the old name (in metal letters) and replacing it with the name "Dillon". They left the words "High School", and used the same font, but since the original high school was longer, you can still see the rust marks on the wall where the old school name was screwed in. They left the "panther" mascot next to it, so either that is their mascot, or they'll digitally get rid of it (or only do tight shots).

They shot at the stadium last Friday night (night games are easier to cover up changes in the weather/clouds if it's not raining). I assume they shot the tight shots, etc., or maybe there will be multiple games in the pilot. But there wasn't a full crowd in the stadium. It has a pretty big crew, from what I saw when they blocked where I was trying to cut through last Friday morning.

This Friday, they are shooting again. The local band will be involved, but they were supposed to commit to a 12 hour shoot. (6pm to 6am!) The school is recruiting "fans" for the stadium shots in their weekly newsletter, but not bothering to tell them how long they are wanted.

Friday NIGHT The original movie "Friday Night Lights" is being developed into a television series. The production company will be using our facilities; They filmed last Thursday, Friday and Saturday and will have a promotional event this Friday night. They will be filming a football game where the public can cheer on the team and portray fans in the stands. Event starts at 6:00p.m. Raffle prizes will be given away.
Old 02-20-06, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kyle Chandler is set to star as the coach after recently getting blown up on Grey's Anatomy.
Old 02-20-06, 09:51 PM
Zee

An actor named Scott Porter is playing the quarterback. Mark my words, this guy is going to be a huge, HUGE star. I'll be referring back to this post in the fall when he becomes the talk of the country.

Last edited by Zee; 02-21-06 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-21-06, 01:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zee
An actor named Scott Porter is playing the quarterback. Mark my words, this guy is going to be a huge, HUGE star. I'll be referring back to this post in the fall when he becomes the talk of the country.
This is all assuming that this show makes it to November sweeps.
Old 02-21-06, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oops. The principal sent a correction. The shoot is SATURDAY, not Friday.

Parents/Guardians and students:

UPDATE: The new Friday Night Lights NBC Television series needs you to be a volunteer extra for our football game filming!!!!

Saturday night, February 25th, 2006 starting at 6:00p.m. at Pflugerville High School Stadium.

Watch the filming of a game, be a fan in the stands! Attendees are automatically entered in a free raffle to win prizes.

seating is limited to designated sections for camera shots!

RESERVATIONS ARE MANDATORY SO CALL

THE CASTING OFFICE TO CONFIRM AT (512) 472-5385 x 1
Monday through Friday 10a.m.-7p.m. or email:

info at bethsepkocasting.com (replace "at" with "@", and remove spaces to keep spammers away)
Old 02-21-06, 09:00 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
My cousin lives right next to Pflugerville High... I'll send her the message. She'd love to take their family to a thing like this.
Old 02-21-06, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

well, if it was Round Rock I would go, but Pflugerville is just too much of a trek.. jk... got a web link so I can forward to some friends?
Old 02-21-06, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
got a web link so I can forward to some friends?
Link
Old 02-21-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

All I see is a blurb on the Statesman (Austin paper, for those not from around here) website:

http://www.statesman.com/sports/cont...pleftrail.html

Though the article seems to indicate that the calls need to have been made last Friday... But the principal of the school sent the email today.
Old 02-21-06, 06:03 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon