Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 5: 3:00PM - 4:00PM" -- 02/20/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 5: 3:00PM - 4:00PM" -- 02/20/06

Old 02-21-06, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Has everyone forgotten about the constant bitching and whining on this forum when Season 1 was first airing? Complaints about the latest 24 is nothing new.
Old 02-21-06, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone tell me who the guy was that was listed in the records that Jack said "I bet this guy is in the board of directors." - I guess the company that made the gas?

I watched Season 4 and this season and don't know who that guy was.
Old 02-21-06, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 749 Likes on 488 Posts
Originally Posted by the action
You said the Hobbit can't do the job, so he has been removed from the process and replaced with 2 people with no field experience Audrey and Chloe. That is why I bring them into it. You also don't know if the hobbit has any field experience, he could of been in the national guard. The guy has identified that you are working behind his back, why not just let the guy in the loop, no matter what he says, jack is just going to do whatever he wants anyway.
I won't say anything about Audrey, but I wouldn't say that Chloe has no field experience. The last two seasons have seen her get into some action situations. Plus, I don't think that someone with no field experience would have reacted as cooly and effectively as Chloe did when she was being hunted at the beginning of this season.

Last edited by clckworang; 02-21-06 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-21-06, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chanster
Can anyone tell me who the guy was that was listed in the records that Jack said "I bet this guy is in the board of directors." - I guess the company that made the gas?

I watched Season 4 and this season and don't know who that guy was.
Christopher Henderson is a brand new character... who is supposed to have ties to Jack Bauer just prior to Season 1.
Old 02-22-06, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paradicelost
I may be reading in to to much here, but did it look like Aaron knew what he was getting into by getting into the limo.
I thought the same thing. They purposely had a close-up shot of his face at that point - and the look he had meant something.

I also really liked 24 together with House. Those shows went very well together.
Don't get too used to it. Skating with Celebrities leads into 24 this coming Moonday, then the following week has a 2-hour episode (!), and Prison Break returns the week after that (3/13, with a repeat followed by new episodes starting 3/20).
Old 02-22-06, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott27
I thought the same thing. They purposely had a close-up shot of his face at that point - and the look he had meant something.

Don't get too used to it. Skating with Celebrities leads into 24 this coming Moonday, then the following week has a 2-hour episode (!), and Prison Break returns the week after that (3/13, with a repeat followed by new episodes starting 3/20).
2 hour episode of 24? Nice! I loved the first 2 weeks with 2 24's every Monday.
Old 02-22-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
[QUOTE=scott27]I thought the same thing. They purposely had a close-up shot of his face at that point - and the look he had meant something.

Perhaps he'll come into play in saving the Russians and the first lady, but hopefully not at the cost of his life.
Old 02-22-06, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

[QUOTE=mike7162]
Originally Posted by scott27

Perhaps he'll come into play in saving the Russians and the first lady, but hopefully not at the cost of his life.
I hope that if they kick him into some action, he turns out to be a real asskicker.
Old 02-23-06, 01:19 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Tazwolff]
Originally Posted by mike7162
I hope that if they kick him into some action, he turns out to be a real asskicker.

Aaron will break out the gun-kata.
Old 02-24-06, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by the action
You said the Hobbit can't do the job, so he has been removed from the process and replaced with 2 people with no field experience Audrey and Chloe. That is why I bring them into it. You also don't know if the hobbit has any field experience, he could of been in the national guard. The guy has identified that you are working behind his back, why not just let the guy in the loop, no matter what he says, jack is just going to do whatever he wants anyway.

I really don't know why you're ignoring what I'm saying. There's a big difference between Lynn, who is supposed to be calling the shots, and Audry & Chloe, who are not calling the shots. Why do you insist on making this faulty comparison despite me pointing this out?

In terms of calling shots, Lynn has been replaced by Jack.

As for Lynn's field experience, I have to assume that he has none. If he did, and he was as indecisive as he is currently, he would have gotten people killed. At the very least, this weakness would have been found out and he would not be put in a position like this where you have to be able to analyze data and make decisions. Lynn's personal skills are almost as bad as Logan's, for cryin' out loud.
Old 02-25-06, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why are they repeating two episodes tonight (Friday) ?
Old 02-25-06, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Why are they repeating two episodes tonight (Friday) ?
Because the best all the other networks have to offer are reruns. So why not do the same?

At least the SciFi channel has better offerings tonight with new episodes of their shows.
Old 02-25-06, 12:12 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Damn so when Prison Break returns it will be on Monday ? Why would Fox put 2 of it's big hit shows on the same night.

btw Audrey is soooo hot.
Old 02-25-06, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
Damn so when Prison Break returns it will be on Monday ? Why would Fox put 2 of it's big hit shows on the same night.
I actually like that scheduling. I think those 2 shows will fit together nicely.
Old 02-26-06, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by silentbob007
What a crock ... Morgan Freeman was President in Deep Impact (any others?) years before 24 hit the scene ... I know they just wanted a kewl transition, but jeez, nice research there ....
I think they were probably meaning the first black president on a television show. I don't know if that's even an accurate statement, but that's what I took the line to mean.