Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 5: 3:00PM - 4:00PM" -- 02/20/06

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cartload
Why do I have this terrible feeling that Agent Pierce isn't going to be with us for much longer?
that would be a sad day.
Old 02-20-06, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They're both annoying, but I find Lynn to be the worst one by a slim margin. When he got mugged, he probably could've had CTU people on that guy within like 2 minutes (if they can track down all these terrorists all over L.A., they can find some lowlife drug dealer, or whatever he was), but noooooo....he wanted to be a big man and didn't want to admit to getting mugged in front of his people. So now he's all frustrated and taking it out on Audrey & Bill. Stupid hobbit!

I'm scared for Aaron--I hope he doesn't get killed off on that limo ride.
Old 02-20-06, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The problem could be solved in 5 minutes but this is a television show, they gotta do everything to make everything more suspenseful. I didnt mind tonights episode, it just set up what looks to be some great episodes coming up
Old 02-20-06, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
No, Samwise is a waffling pussy that does not know how to do this job because he has no field experience. He's an ass-kissing "yes man" that's done nothing but hinder the operation from the moment he stepped into CTU.

And on a sidenote, it looks like Lynn's stolen keycard is going to be the lame plot of this season.
All these so called agents with field experience couldn't tell Jack was sending a distress signal at the airport. It was Samwise who identified it, I could understand if CTU was "compromised" to keep him out of the loop, but it isn't. Also you now have Audrey and Chloe running the "covert operation" so by your logic and them not being highly experienced field agents, it looks like trouble. I also like that samwise is a "yes man" that agreed to disobey an order from the President in an earlier episode.
Old 02-20-06, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by maingon
Pretty good episode tonight, I just can't for the next few episodes, The preview looked great
Hell yeah!

Originally Posted by Cartload
Why do I have this terrible feeling that Agent Pierce isn't going to be with us for much longer?
Man, I hope not..
Old 02-20-06, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I may be reading in to to much here, but did it look like Aaron knew what he was getting into by getting into the limo.
Old 02-20-06, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by the action
All these so called agents with field experience couldn't tell Jack was sending a distress signal at the airport. It was Samwise who identified it, I could understand if CTU was "compromised" to keep him out of the loop, but it isn't. Also you now have Audrey and Chloe running the "covert operation" so by your logic and them not being highly experienced field agents, it looks like trouble. I also like that samwise is a "yes man" that agreed to disobey an order from the President in an earlier episode.
OK, you got me on Lynn catching Jack's code... but the point still remains that he has no field experience at all, and has been a waffling pussy. I don't know why you're pulling Audrey and Chloe out, because they have no relevance at all. They're doing their jobs, and anything that you might view as outside their job is being done at the request of who? That would be Jack, a man with plenty of field experience.
Old 02-20-06, 09:07 PM

Decent episode. The last 3 hours have been average after the kickass first 6, but no stinkers so far which is not bad considering we're more than 1/3 of the way through the season.

I'm really digging the First Lady. She knows exactly what buttons to push to get Logan to cave in. I just hope Aaron doesn't bite it next episode.
Old 02-20-06, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good episode, I think it had a good mix of action, decent number of important guys killed. So far the season hasn't gone downhill, always a good sign at this point. And while it wouldn't be 24 without being over the top, it hasn't reached the ridiculous levels of last season.
Old 02-20-06, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

so in the kill count column do we give jack credit for
Spoiler:
the helicopter
?
Old 02-20-06, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
OK, you got me on Lynn catching Jack's code... but the point still remains that he has no field experience at all, and has been a waffling pussy. I don't know why you're pulling Audrey and Chloe out, because they have no relevance at all. They're doing their jobs, and anything that you might view as outside their job is being done at the request of who? That would be Jack, a man with plenty of field experience.
You said the Hobbit can't do the job, so he has been removed from the process and replaced with 2 people with no field experience Audrey and Chloe. That is why I bring them into it. You also don't know if the hobbit has any field experience, he could of been in the national guard. The guy has identified that you are working behind his back, why not just let the guy in the loop, no matter what he says, jack is just going to do whatever he wants anyway.
Old 02-20-06, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kevin75
so in the kill count column do we give jack credit for
Spoiler:
the helicopter
?
Its was merely wounded.
Old 02-20-06, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
OFFICIAL JACK BAUER KILL COUNT
This week:
2 Gun ( I thought we had a sweet six with the helecoptor)
(Curtis' next promotion)

This season:
1 knife
8 gun
1 hacked bomb detonation
1 surgical scissors
1 Leg Scissor Neck Break
12 TOTAL

Last edited by Tommy Ceez; 02-20-06 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-20-06, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
BTW, All those who say Mike is firmly in Jacks corner...Ive never watched the DVD's so my memory is funny...Didnt he throw Lynn Krezkie down a flight of steps?
Old 02-20-06, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, not Mike. It was Secret Service that guards the door Mike locked Lynn in.
Old 02-20-06, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

from the start of the article in the first post ....

And then there's "24," airing Monday on FOX. The breathless thriller gave America its first black fictional president, the beloved David Palmer ....

What a crock ... Morgan Freeman was President in Deep Impact (any others?) years before 24 hit the scene ... I know they just wanted a kewl transition, but jeez, nice research there ....

BTW, I think I'd be pissy if I were Lynn and thought everyone was sneaking around behind my back, so I can't say I blame him too much. Adding to the fact that he's the "new guy" in the office, he has to act like a prick to show that he has authority.
Old 02-20-06, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
When did "24" turn into "The Office" CTU-style?
Old 02-20-06, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by silentbob007
from the start of the article in the first post ....

And then there's "24," airing Monday on FOX. The breathless thriller gave America its first black fictional president, the beloved David Palmer ....

What a crock ... Morgan Freeman was President in Deep Impact (any others?) years before 24 hit the scene ... I know they just wanted a kewl transition, but jeez, nice research there ....
Wasn't Tiny Lister the President in The Fifth Element a year before Deep Impact hit theaters?
Old 02-20-06, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Warlock!!!

If Sherilynn Fenn joins the cast she better be wheelchair bound.
Old 02-21-06, 01:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by the action
You realize this point you're using to lift up Samwise is simply terrible writing, right? I mean, come on here. Jack using an out-of-date code -- which apparently no one got because there was a complete 100% turnover rate the second after Jack was fired after season three?

Lynn is just another one-dimensional 24 head honcho who's nothing more than an annoying plot contrivance.
Old 02-21-06, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
Warlock!!!

If Sherilynn Fenn joins the cast she better be wheelchair bound.
I was thinking the exact same thing. When I saw him I said to my wife.. the warlock!

now, bring on the Soul Man!
Old 02-21-06, 07:44 AM

I am a huge 24 fan, but this is getting old....

Jack disobeys CTU
CTU goes after him
People inside CTU helps Jack without CTU leadership knowledge
CTU leadership cracks down on the helpers and arrest them in holding rooms.
Jack turns out to be right and the helpers are released to save the day.

This scenerio has already happened this season and they are doing it again. This scenario happens every season. The writers are getting lazy.
Old 02-21-06, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At this point, there's very few scenarios that haven't been played out to death on this show.
Old 02-21-06, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
OFFICIAL JACK BAUER KILL COUNT
This week:
2 Gun ( I thought we had a sweet six with the helecoptor)

That's what I thought but the main villian said he took out 3 of his men. Who was the third? Did Nathonson take out the third?
Old 02-21-06, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
That's what I thought but the main villian said he took out 3 of his men. Who was the third? Did Nathonson take out the third?
Nathonson killed the first guy

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.