Search this Thread

Old 02-19-06, 12:34 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Desperate Housewives - "Thank You So Much" - 2/19

"Thank You So Much"
Spoiler:
Edie thinks that Karl is going to pop the question, but he is really trying to marry Susan; Carlos learns more about the relationship between Gabrielle and her mother; Bree's problem with alcohol.
Old 02-19-06, 09:01 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty decent episode. Zack knows Mike is his dad now and Bree's drinking problem out in the open. Looks like that will be a key factor in Andrew's plot on her (not that that wasn't expected already).
Old 02-19-06, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
A much better episode than last week's.

I like how the Mike/Zach plot with Diedre's dying father wanting to see his grandson is developing - it's a lot more like Season 1 stuff than anything else going on.

Last edited by dhmac; 02-19-06 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-19-06, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The subplot with Gabby's mom and surrogacy seemed really rushed, and creepy. Susan's subplot didn't do much, though there was a small chuckle when the waiter proving why he's waiting tables and not doing something up the food chain, gives the notes to the wrong couple. Bree's bender sort of blew up big all of a sudden (sure, some scraps of her alcohol abuse have been hinted about, it came to a boil too quickly in this episode). Lynette's subplot intertwining with Bree's alcoholism didn't flow as well because I thought Bree's decline was like she simply fell off the cliff. Mike's subplot with Zach, and Dierdre's pop wanting a sit-down didn't do much for me either.
Old 02-19-06, 10:07 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bree REALLY needs to slap her son around a bit. What a pain in the ass, even if his mom is a drunk, lol. Good ep, though the Gabby plot seemed kinda forced. I think they could have built up to that a bit more instead of throwing it all together in one ep. Gabby still is the hightlight of every scene she is in. Her character is the best...
Old 02-19-06, 10:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Gabby and Carlos are again the only thing worth tuning in for this week.
Old 02-19-06, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
For a second there I thought they were going to steal a major story arc (surrogate mom/grandmom) from the Brit soap Footballers Wive$.

Gabby and Carlos are again the only thing worth tuning in for this week.
That's what I keep saying each week.
Old 02-19-06, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Funniest line ever!!!
"I don't care if she shoots triplets out her ass".....
Still laughing from that one!
Old 02-20-06, 01:19 AM

Didn't care for this one at all. Nothing felt right to me, and it's ridiculous that they can't blend Sheridan and Woodard into the action. Sheridan in particular is too good to be getting five minutes or less per episode. The scene with Betty and Bree in last week's episode was so powerful, and there's no follow-up. Instead, we get the alcoholism stuff which is being rushed, and why didn't Lynette mention her own problems with pills? Why are they wasting Jay Harrington?
Old 02-20-06, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the problem with the show is that the first season was based on a "mystery" and now that that is solved, the writers (and I always blame Marc Cherry) are trying to make this a suburban comedy with a bunch of little subplots and no central storyline and it's certainly NOT working. With 20/20 hindsight: this show should have been an eight episode mini-series.
Old 02-20-06, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They are definately coasting through the season. Hopefully next season will have an interesting main arc.

The episode wasn't bad. It just wasn't good.

Carlos / Gabby dialog was great. You really see how she became the person she is today (both good and bad), when shown in contrast with her mother. Mom is a piece of work.
Old 02-20-06, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
Funniest line ever!!!
"I don't care if she shoots triplets out her ass".....
Still laughing from that one!
Yeah, that was very funny. That line really caught me by surprise.
Old 02-20-06, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ayre
Carlos / Gabby dialog was great. You really see how she became the person she is today (both good and bad), when shown in contrast with her mother. Mom is a piece of work.
On that, I was wondering about Carlos' change of heart on adoption at the end. Was it due to seeing how Gabby and her mom are alike (in a bad way) and Carlos then not wanting a child with their line of genes?
Old 02-20-06, 04:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dhmac
On that, I was wondering about Carlos' change of heart on adoption at the end. Was it due to seeing how Gabby and her mom are alike (in a bad way) and Carlos then not wanting a child with their line of genes?
I thought it was Carlos seeing that everything Gabby said about her mom was right and that he wanted her to have no connection to the child which she would have if she was the surrogate.
Old 02-20-06, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
I think it was more seeing how badly Gabby was treated. Afterall, her mom basically said a 15-year-old Gabby was asking to be raped by her stepfather. You could tell he was appalled when she said that Gabby wanted it and seduced him.

His comment about blood isn't everything I think was meant to show that he no longer sees blood as so important because Gabby's mom is blood but she never supported or stood up for Gabby. He knows now what Gabby has known: family is what you make of it; it's not just blood.
Old 02-20-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
D'oh! Mr. X beat me to it!
Old 02-20-06, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Guess the adoption line is a good way to have Gabrielle and Carlos expand their story line and have a baby, but still keeping Gabrielle in those sexy outfits!
Old 02-20-06, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
Guess the adoption line is a good way to have Gabrielle and Carlos expand their story line and have a baby, but still keeping Gabrielle in those sexy outfits!

Works for me.
Old 02-21-06, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anybody count how many wine bottles that was? Woah.
Old 02-21-06, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Anybody count how many wine bottles that was? Woah.
I think there was 12.
Old 02-21-06, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It was a new episode last night? My TiVo didn't grab it.
Old 02-21-06, 09:26 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The writers need to write all their characters as well as they do Carlos. Everybody else is basically a caricature of their season one persona.
Old 02-21-06, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i agree, carlos is great this season. in the first season, he was kind of a caricature (guy with anger management issues). he has a lot more depth this season. the scene with gabby's mom (and the follow-up scene with gabby) were very well done.
Old 02-21-06, 10:40 AM

My problem with the Carlos/Gabrielle story is that it's like the other parts of the show--inconsistent, contradictory, and gutless. I don't believe for a second that Gabrielle would have kept her baby and would now be in favor of adoption especially now that we've seen her past. It doesn't ring true to me. Carlos's sudden religious transformation also rang false. Suddenly, he's repentant? Of course, he's only repentant until the plot calls for him to revert back to form. The writers force the characters to work within stories they create. Chavira and Longoria are doing great work, and I never fast forward the show while they are in which I always do with Huffman and Savant, but when I'm more emotionally involved in Lisa Rinna getting voted off Dancing With the Stars than anything on DH, DH is in trouble.
Old 02-21-06, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SMB-IL
I think the problem with the show is that the first season was based on a "mystery" and now that that is solved, the writers (and I always blame Marc Cherry) are trying to make this a suburban comedy with a bunch of little subplots and no central storyline and it's certainly NOT working. With 20/20 hindsight: this show should have been an eight episode mini-series.
I agree. This show is done.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.