Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

One Tree Hill - 2/15/06 - "Just Watch the Fireworks"

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-06, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Tree Hill - 2/15/06 - "Just Watch the Fireworks"

I know there are 10 or so of us who watch the show, but I will continue to make the threads even if they have to be a day late.

I thought the idea of getting to the time capsule early was excellent especially since so much had changed since the messages were recorded. But I don't really think they did enough with the material. It seemed like everything that was said in the messages was wrapped up in a "It's ok" aside from the old friend of Mouth's, but -call me heartless- I really didn't care much about him. The 2-second blurb with him and mouth before the episode was not enough to make me (anyone?) care about him.

I think Rachel is the best addition to the show since the begining, maybe with the exception of making Mouth more of a major character and Tim less of a character. And I'm really glad that she maced the fools, I thought they were making her too bitchy.

One Tree Hill really took the place of The OC as the show with the most guest musicians. Not really better, but more - I don't remember when the OC last had someone on. I don't like all the music, but it is at least catchy.

Can anyone explain Whitey's monologue at the end? And why they made it sound so ominous with the sudden chime at the end? Was Whitey the one who mouth allowed to edit the video for (I forget if it was shown in the prior time capsule episode).

And finally I saw a piece of the preview for the next episode (unhappy that I did) and I have to say it is exactly what I expected and going there isn't new, so I hope they do something good with it.
Old 02-16-06, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is one of three episodes that could easily have been a SERIES finale. The writing team is very very good at tieing things up... much better than setting them up.

The monologue was Whiteys time capsule entry. His reference to things not going the way you want them ties to the picture of his wife, who died. Last season had a superb episode where whitey was watching film of him in his basketball days, as well as his wife. Whitey has never moved past losing his wife. This Along with the reference to the teams he has coached being the highlight of his life.

The preview looked amazing. It was a spoiler preview *shakes fist*

The part I didn't understand was Dan giving the ledger to Kieth and Keith saying to Dan, if you don't play nice we will have you thrown in jail .... then he hands the book back to Dan ... and Dan burns it ...DOH. It just didn't make sense at all.

Last edited by Ayre; 02-16-06 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-16-06, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
I really liked this episode. I always wondered what happened to the fat kid.

That being said, the next episode looks so ridiculous and over the top. I'm sure I'll be .
Old 02-16-06, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Love when they throw punches on this show.
Rachel is still listed as a guest. Is she going to be around for much longer? I hope she is.
The next episode should be interesting.
Old 02-16-06, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah I am really curious about the next episode. It may be a make or break for me.
Old 02-17-06, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I really liked this episode. I always wondered what happened to the fat kid.

That being said, the next episode looks so ridiculous and over the top. I'm sure I'll be .
Hey, at least it looks like something will finally happen in the next episode. This season is getting progressively duller each week.
Old 02-17-06, 10:56 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

The time capsule thing was a good idea, but it didn't feel like they did as good a job with it as they could have. I didn't understand the Dan and Keith thing either. Was it just an act of kindness, does Keith feel like it'll change Dan for the better? Maybe Keith feels that if everybody stops fighting Dan, that he'll have to change. Maybe it was just to trick Dan and the viewers and Keith will come after Dan later.
Old 02-18-06, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I believe the ledger was a two edged sword or a catch-22. Neither of them could use it. If Dan used it to prove Keith was at the fire, Dan would have to divulge the information contained therein. If Keith used it to prove Dan is shady, then he is implicating himself in regards to the fire. So it wasn't really a gift, when Keith gave it back, it was more of a muck. He had more important things on his mind.

I love that Dan is so miserable at the present. He deserves it as Keith deserves anything good that can come to him.
Old 02-18-06, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If they make it cold enough like the movie
Spoiler:
"Elephant"
, the preview episode will be interesting. If they have a fashion show, tie it to a womens advocacy non-profit organization or a concert with a teen hearthrob, then I will be extremely dissappointed.

This show can be a little heavy handed at times. If they can restrain their self-righteousness, the writers might be able to pull off a great episode.
Old 02-20-06, 12:26 PM
Cool New Member

Mouth edited the time capsule for Anna. She came out and said that she was a lesbian, then regretted it, so they went in together and edited it out. While they were editing, they watched a couple (Brooke's is the only one I can remember for sure they watched).

I keep wondering if the "distraught" student next week is going to be that kid. I didn't really care much for him, but I can see it. That was too much of a blow for them just to drop the subject of him hating everyone in the school, and then getting beat up.

I, unfortunately, do not care for Rachel whatsoever. More than likely, it comes from her being the instigator to all of (or a majority of) the problems in Tree Hill.

I am excited about next week's episode, though! It's going to be good and interesting to see exactly what happens!! I hope that Peyton is okay though...
Old 02-21-06, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How are you even wondering if it will be the same "distraught" kid? That is a foregone conclusion. There would have been no other reason at all to even re-introduce him as a character on the show unless it was to set this week's events up.

When I was watching last week's episode, I was thinking "great, now watch..he is gonna go all Columbine on everyone, I bet." When the end of the episode came with nothing, I was a little surprised, but then when I saw the parental advisory warning at the beginning of the preview for this week's, I knew what it was instantly.