DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Office: UK/USA Showdown, Part VI - Jennifer vs. Jan (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/455396-office-uk-usa-showdown-part-vi-jennifer-vs-jan.html)

Merkin Muffley 02-09-06 09:40 PM

The Office: UK/USA Showdown, Part VI - Jennifer vs. Jan

Help the Wernham-Hogg/Dunder-Mifflin Human Resources Department create The Ultimate Office Staff.

After a brief (okay...long) hiatus, the competition is back. Our last installment saw Tim vs. Jim battling for the heart and soul of "The Office." As we head towards the end of these showdowns, we'll shift our attention back to some more minor characters...women-in-charge, Jennifer Taylor Clarke and Jan Levinson <strike>Gould</strike>.

Jennifer
http://www.strangecock.com/images/office/jennifer.jpg

vs.

Jan
http://www.strangecock.com/images/office/jan.jpg

Vote for your favorite and tell us why your pick should be part of...The Ultimate Office Staff.

Winners:
Part I - Gareth vs. Dwight...Dwight
Part II - Finchy vs. Packer...Finchy
Part III - Dawn vs. Pam...Pam
Part IV - Keith vs. Kevin...Kevin
Part V - Tim vs. Jim...Tim

Merkin Muffley 02-09-06 09:44 PM

Although I love the Jennifer/David confrontations over "Julie Anderton" and the "bigger than a breadbox" joke, this is the first time I will absolutely be going with the US version. Nothing against Jennifer, but Jan had just been given MUCH more to do. And it's safe to say the Jan/Michael storyline is one of funnier recurring storylines.

Tonight's episode is a perfect example of why this one was no contest to me.

DGibFen 02-09-06 09:49 PM

Jan, easily. Her character has been fleshed out more than Jennifer was.

deadlax 02-09-06 09:59 PM

"What? No Gould? What happened to Gould? Is Gould dead?

B.A. 02-09-06 10:07 PM

most definitely Jan - she's been more than a background character.

Tommy Ceez 02-09-06 10:43 PM

You mentioned 2 more votes...this being one, and obviously Michael/David...but what about intern/intern and Roy vs. whatever that dudes name was?

Doughboy 02-09-06 11:00 PM

Whoops. I accidentally voted for Jennifer instead of Jan(yes, I'm the one). Not that it matters anyway. Jan Levinson(no Gould) will win this one in a walk.

Groucho 02-10-06 12:17 AM

Jan before tonight's episode, but it sealed the deal even more. Much more fleshed out than Jennifer.

WallyOPD 02-10-06 12:25 AM

I completely don't remember voting in this poll and it says I voted for Jennifer when it's Jan for me easily, how very odd.

krazykat72 02-10-06 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
You mentioned 2 more votes...this being one, and obviously Michael/David...but what about intern/intern and Roy vs. whatever that dudes name was?

You're referring to Lee. Dawn's fiance.

-Paul Jacobi-

slop101 02-10-06 10:37 AM

Jan, because she gives me a boner...

raven56706 02-10-06 10:52 AM

Jan is freaking hot

Flave 02-10-06 10:53 AM

It's not even close ... Jan is *so* hot!

dhmac 02-10-06 11:03 AM

No contest in this showdown - it's Jan all the way (though very happy to see the showdowns back!)

ryuryu2949 02-10-06 11:41 AM

Jan. And I can't believe she kissed Michael. And I can't believe it just happened again!

Meteu185 02-10-06 03:59 PM

Jan!!!

Amel 02-10-06 04:23 PM

Jennifer all the way. She never would've let herself get so low as Jan and get with someone like Michael. Jan's a goof.

dhmac 02-11-06 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by ryuryu2949
Jan. And I can't believe she kissed Michael. And I can't believe it just happened again!

I can - I think Jan actually likes Michael even though he drives her up the wall most of the time.

dhmac 03-21-06 08:00 PM

Anymore of these showdowns, or is this it?

Derrich 03-21-06 09:17 PM

Jennifer.
Jan's kinda flakey. I could actually see her ending up with Micheal, but Jennifer would put a bullet in David before going out to lunch with him.

D

Mikael79 03-22-06 12:23 PM

I voted Jennifer.

Even though I shouldn't be shocked that so many people are voting for the US counterparts, it still upsets me a little bit, because the original characters will always be superior in my mind. The only character I really like on the US version is Dwight, who would probably have fit into the UK cast.

Ah, but that's just me...that's how I roll. :)

Tommy Ceez 03-22-06 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mikael79
Even though I shouldn't be shocked that so many people are voting for the US counterparts, it still upsets me a little bit, because the original characters will always be superior in my mind.

Thats a bit fanboyish, because there is NO METRIC by which Jennifer beats Jan...none

Derrich 03-22-06 02:30 PM

Thats a bit fanboyish, because there is NO METRIC by which Jennifer beats Jan...none

Jennifer has better legs. Plus the accent. She actually kept David in check while Jan seems unable to control Micheal at all. When Micheal screws up, Jan just throws her hands in the air, When David screws up, Jennifer fired him.

There's a few metrics, right there.

D

Tommy Ceez 03-22-06 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Derrich
Jennifer has better legs. Plus the accent. She actually kept David in check while Jan seems unable to control Micheal at all. When Micheal screws up, Jan just throws her hands in the air, When David screws up, Jennifer fired him.

There's a few metrics, right there.

D

Wait, are we voting for best middle manager, or best sitcom character? rotfl

slop101 03-22-06 04:14 PM

Wait, are we voting for best middle manager, or best sitcom character? rotfl

:lol: No kidding. Jan is a much more interesting character than Jennifer ever was. Also, Jan has much better legs...