Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24): Day 5, 11:00AM - 12:00PM -- 01/23/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24): Day 5, 11:00AM - 12:00PM -- 01/23/06

Old 01-25-06, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by clckworang
It wouldn't have been the first time that the really obvious person ended up not being the mole.

And just because some of the main characters weren't involved in previous plots doesn't mean that their loyalties might have been different because of these terrorists' cause.

What if Edgar's family were from the same country as the terrorists? And Edgar definitely could have an axe to grind with the government because of his mom's death. And if we want to go back to season 1, Chloe being attacked isn't even reason to clear her from suspicion.

Hell, you could even make an argument that Audrey is the mole, that she was angry at the government over Jack's death or mad at Jack if she had found out that he faked his death, which would explain why she wanted to get close to him again.

And no, I don't really think she or Edgar are moles; I'm just saying that at least a couple of these characters have potential motivations to be working against the interests of the United States or at least axes to grind.

So who else could it have been? Come on, this is 24; it still could have been anyone because of any number of things that we don't know about each character and their pasts. You think the people who gave us the nuclear football last season couldn't have come up with a backstory to make one of the primary characters the mole?

I know in the thread for the 4-part premiere some people were wondering (and doubting) if it was going to be Spenser just for the sole reason that it was so obvious. I didn't write what I did to get a pat on the back or anything. I was just saying I was a little surprised that it was the obvious choice and wasn't completely sure what I thought of that.
Solid points. I stand corrected. Although I still don't think any of them would turn, they are all fiercely loyal. Edgar is the only one I see with a remote possibility because of the M.O. you mention. Yet he is super anal about his work, which make me think otherwise.

Anyways, rebuttal taken. I apologize if I sounded rude in my post, I didn't mean for it to be. I just thought from the moment they showed him at CTU and the fact he hooked up with someone above him, it just reeked of the first season. The whole Nina thing.
Old 01-26-06, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
Originally Posted by Doughboy
Don't forget Mike Novick. Although Jack, Tony, and Aaron Pierce are the only ones left who've been in every season.
Oh, yeah. Mike definitely could play a part. I just first thought of Agent Pierce because Jack might run into Secret Service interference if he tries to use force.

And Michael Corvin, don't worry about it. I didn't take it as rude, but like you, I thought from the first moment we saw Spenser that he HAD to be the mole. But because of that, I also kinda thought that they MIGHT try to shake it up a bit and use him as a really obvious red herring. So in the back of my mind I always kept alive even the remotest chance that someone else could be the mole.

I guess their way of shaking it up was to have him be unaware of his treachery (we still should have got a little torture though). I am very happy that they aren't drawing out the discovery of the moles though. That has a tendency to get really old. Although it's still unbelievably early in the season so we never know if there are going to be more moles tossed at us. It's really shocking me how early it is in the season and yet how much ground has been covered already. So many more surprises await.