Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24): Day 5, 11:00AM - 12:00PM -- 01/23/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24): Day 5, 11:00AM - 12:00PM -- 01/23/06

Old 01-24-06, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Legolas
Well, if you believe season four was the best, then naturally you'd also think 24 is the hands-down greatest thing on TV without any flaws whatsoever.
It's not?
Old 01-24-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 756 Likes on 492 Posts
I thought last night was really good. I can't decide whether I am happy or sad that I was right about Spenser being the mole, unwitting or not. I will say that I was sad that he didn't get tortured -- at least a little bit. That being said, I do believe that he was telling the truth and thought that he was acting on the highest authority and with good intentions.

It was also good to see some hand-to-hand combat from Jack; I was surprised that he killed the assassin, though. There might have been some information Jack could have got from him. It was also nice to see that Tony's miraculous recovery is going to take a little longer. Not that I don't like Tony, but it makes his eventual recovery slightly more believable (perhaps).

And as for the broken ribs thing, from what I understand, people can still do lots of things with broken ribs; it's just very painful. It's not like Jack would be crippled or anything. He'll just have to suck it up a little bit.

Anyone else think the Secret Service agent we have known and loved for many seasons is going to play a major part in Jack's commando mission to capture the White House staffer? Afterall, he knows probably about as much about him as anyone, through Palmer, and knows that Jack can be trusted.
Old 01-24-06, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Chalk up another "sudden CTU employee in a new season that turns out to be a mole".
Old 01-24-06, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone think Spencer was being patriotic when he was shagging Chloe?
Old 01-24-06, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by metman86
The presidents wife, the cleavage shot was great.... she certainly is my first lady.. I am now hoping that she will end up running to a cabin in the woods and take a shower..
Old 01-24-06, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Anyone think Spencer was being patriotic when he was shagging Chloe?
just sending one up the flagpole for his country ...
Old 01-24-06, 07:27 PM
Banned

You better not watch the show on TV then, because it will spoil it for you when you buy the DVDs.
???

That doesn't make any sense.

I don't buy the DVDs anyway.
Old 01-24-06, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How do you guys manage to remember details from Seasons 2? I don't even remember what happened in the first episode of this season. It seems that whenever I turn this show on, I'm in a bubble and nothing leaves or enters that bubble. Anyway, great show this week. I wonder if Chloe and Edgar are gonna be a thing; there's a twist u never saw coming... and WTF is up with needing all these sockets? You'd think they'd just open a bunch of them at the start of the crisis.
Old 01-24-06, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by William Wallace
???

That doesn't make any sense.

I don't buy the DVDs anyway.
I think he meant that watching the show on DVD enables u to watch as many as u want at your own pace; instead of having to wait a week. He might also have meant that watching Season 5 on TV might ruin some parts of the previous seasons.
Old 01-24-06, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by clckworang
I was right about Spenser being the mole, unwitting or not.
It was kinda obvious. All he was missing was a neon sign over his head saying "I'm the Mole!". Who else could it have been? He had the only speaking role other than Chloe, Edgar, Curtis & Bill, none of whom would turn on their country and all have been around for a while. Lynn showed up later. Who exactly would that leave?

I'm glad they put a twist on it though having him clueless about it.
Old 01-24-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone else think the Secret Service agent we have known and loved for many seasons is going to play a major part in Jack's commando mission to capture the White House staffer? Afterall, he knows probably about as much about him as anyone, through Palmer, and knows that Jack can be trusted.
Agent Pierce. Yeah, I hope he plays a larger role this season. Aside from Jack and Tony, he's the only guy from season 1 still around.
Old 01-24-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 756 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It was kinda obvious. All he was missing was a neon sign over his head saying "I'm the Mole!". Who else could it have been? He had the only speaking role other than Chloe, Edgar, Curtis & Bill, none of whom would turn on their country and all have been around for a while. Lynn showed up later. Who exactly would that leave?

I'm glad they put a twist on it though having him clueless about it.
It wouldn't have been the first time that the really obvious person ended up not being the mole.

And just because some of the main characters weren't involved in previous plots doesn't mean that their loyalties might have been different because of these terrorists' cause.

What if Edgar's family were from the same country as the terrorists? And Edgar definitely could have an axe to grind with the government because of his mom's death. And if we want to go back to season 1, Chloe being attacked isn't even reason to clear her from suspicion.

Hell, you could even make an argument that Audrey is the mole, that she was angry at the government over Jack's death or mad at Jack if she had found out that he faked his death, which would explain why she wanted to get close to him again.

And no, I don't really think she or Edgar are moles; I'm just saying that at least a couple of these characters have potential motivations to be working against the interests of the United States or at least axes to grind.

So who else could it have been? Come on, this is 24; it still could have been anyone because of any number of things that we don't know about each character and their pasts. You think the people who gave us the nuclear football last season couldn't have come up with a backstory to make one of the primary characters the mole?

I know in the thread for the 4-part premiere some people were wondering (and doubting) if it was going to be Spenser just for the sole reason that it was so obvious. I didn't write what I did to get a pat on the back or anything. I was just saying I was a little surprised that it was the obvious choice and wasn't completely sure what I thought of that.

Last edited by clckworang; 01-24-06 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-24-06, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Russian terrorists; somehow they have to work in the Drazens, Nina and Mandy
Old 01-25-06, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And as for the broken ribs thing, from what I understand, people can still do lots of things with broken ribs; it's just very painful.
yes, as long as the broken rib has not punctured an organ.
Old 01-25-06, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Cartload
Agent Pierce. Yeah, I hope he plays a larger role this season. Aside from Jack and Tony, he's the only guy from season 1 still around.
Don't forget Mike Novick. Although Jack, Tony, and Aaron Pierce are the only ones left who've been in every season.
Old 01-25-06, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So the nerve gas is headed for Russia -- these guys seem to be Chechen-type rebels. My bet is that Jack heads for Moscow pretty soon because of that treaty they just signed.
Old 01-25-06, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Flave
So the nerve gas is headed for Russia -- these guys seem to be Chechen-type rebels. My bet is that Jack heads for Moscow pretty soon because of that treaty they just signed.
I don't think so. How many hours would it take to fly from LA to Moscow??? At least 10. No way that we could go 10+ hours with Jack Bauer on a plane.
Old 01-25-06, 10:17 AM

If Jack heads to Moscow...the majority of the season will then be him sitting on an airplane eating peanuts.
Old 01-25-06, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yes, but its how he cracks the nuts open! that will be the drama. or if its bagged, its gonna be the new technology he uses to open those bags.
Old 01-25-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF....actually, I've got another five hours until we land. Take your time."
Old 01-25-06, 10:56 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Boot
"Right after we solve this threat to national security, we can sit down with some chamomille tea and I'll tell you all my secrets."
I loved that line. Not just because it was a Chloeism, but because it also sort of pokes fun at the whole "personal issues spilling into CTU during a massive terrorist threat" cliche.
Old 01-25-06, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tygan
If Jack heads to Moscow...the majority of the season will then be him sitting on an airplane eating peanuts.
Yeah, only thought of that after I posted.

But could still happen -- Air Force One a la 24? Die Hard on a plane? Could happen.
Old 01-25-06, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jack could hijack a Concord...
Old 01-25-06, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Doughboy
Don't forget Mike Novick. Although Jack, Tony, and Aaron Pierce are the only ones left who've been in every season.
Ah, that's right! How could I forget about Mike? He was one of my favorite supporting characters and I was happy when he returned in S4.
Old 01-25-06, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought last night was really good. I can't decide whether I am happy or sad that I was right about Spenser being the mole, unwitting or not. I will say that I was sad that he didn't get tortured -- at least a little bit. That being said, I do believe that he was telling the truth and thought that he was acting on the highest authority and with good intentions.
I was actually forward to looking at him for the rest of the season so was bummed as well.

Did we really need Another mole? Can't the writers figure out another angle?
Did Edgar gain about a hundred lbs over hiatus??

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.