DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Last Comic Standing to return this summer (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/452877-last-comic-standing-return-summer.html)

djbrown 01-19-06 03:13 PM

Last Comic Standing to return this summer

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi...459.art&page=1

Let's hope Ralphie May stays far, far away from this one.

< ralphie may >
That's right, I said it!
< /ralphie may >

calhoun07 01-19-06 04:44 PM

And Ant. His act got old pretty quick. "I'm funny because I'm gayyyyy!" Uh, not really. Try getting some actual jokes for a change.

I loved this series, and was pissed off at how NBC cancelled it before the finale, but I will watch the forth season for sure.

silentbob007 01-19-06 09:30 PM

I'm kinda surprised to see it back considering how it was treated the last time it aired.

HE Pennypacker 01-19-06 09:42 PM

This is a pleasant surprise indeed.

Patman 01-19-06 09:48 PM

Because NBC pulled the rug out from under last season's finale, I will probably pass on this go-around.

wmansir 01-20-06 01:57 AM

Mohr always talks about how NBC completely f'd this show over. Not just by screwing around with the 3rd season finale, but by rushing new seasons into production so fast that the quality went to hell. His reason/excuse for going along was not just that he wanted a paycheck but because he didn't want to burn bridges at the network by refusing.

Michael Corvin 01-20-06 08:04 AM

I enjoyed the second season and the third just felt haphazard and forced due to it being rushed.

Hopefully they have a fresh batch of comedians with maybe only some brief appearances by some of the previous contestants.

I'd be up for watching season 4.

Charlie Goose 01-20-06 08:46 AM

I'll check it out, depending on the comics. I hope Triumph makes an appearance.

They really screwed up after S2. On the finale of that season, Mohr announced that a month later they were doing S1 vs. S2, and then not even showing the S3 finale. Ridiculous.

potvin48 01-20-06 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I'll check it out, depending on the comics. I hope Triumph makes an appearance.

They really screwed up after S2. On the finale of that season, Mohr announced that a month later they were doing S1 vs. S2, and then not even showing the S3 finale. Ridiculous.

They actually did show it on CNBC or one of their other channels...

pinata242 01-20-06 09:02 AM

Hopefully they'll actually listen to the judges they hire to pick contestants this time.

JuryDuty 03-18-06 10:22 AM

After the mess last time, I really lost any taste for this show. I think I'll skip.

IDrinkMolson 03-18-06 10:46 AM

Hopefully they'll reair the season 3 final. I missed it on Comedy Central.

Goldberg74 03-18-06 12:32 PM

I saw Corey Holcomb on Nick Cannon's 'Wild & Out' on MTV the other day.

I thought he looked familiar. ;)

movieking 03-18-06 01:31 PM

Anthony Clark from Yes Dear is set to host.

Matthew Chmiel 03-18-06 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by movieking

:thmbsdwn: Unfunny hack.

Michael Corvin 03-18-06 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by movieking

:eek: Wow. Scraping the bottom of the barrel for that one.

innocentfreak 03-18-06 09:47 PM

It will be interesting to hear Keith and the Girl's take on this once it airs. For those that don't know, they are a podcast and Keith does standup. They waited in line for the auditions only to be told they weren't taking any more people. I don't remember how many people made it inside but they said people who were interviewed on camera didn't make it in. They did say people who had agents and were already established went down for auditions the next day.

magiccmom 03-19-06 12:12 AM

One of the women comedians from this show (I forget her name) was on the Apprentice this season...and she was sooo bad she caused the team that hired her to lose! I think she got like $700.00....

Boot 03-19-06 12:16 AM

No thanks.