DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The West Wing - "Internal Displacement" - 1/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/452325-west-wing-internal-displacement-1-15-a.html)

MrX 01-15-06 12:32 PM

The West Wing - "Internal Displacement" - 1/15

"Internal Displacement"
Spoiler:
Embarrassing information about a Bartlet distracts CJ, who is trying to negotiate a deal so that Russia and China do not go to war over Kazakhstan.

Jadow 01-15-06 06:44 PM

I thought John Spencer was a little stiff in this episode.

Breakfast with Girls 01-15-06 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jadow

Maybe this will be funny the third time you post it.

sjrab16 01-15-06 07:26 PM

Wow, another lame joke about the death of a character that a lot of people liked. How impressive!

Tommy_Harn 01-15-06 08:22 PM

Man, Bartlett can't catch a break in his final year in office. According to the end of this week's episode, and scenes for next week,
Spoiler:
a nuclear disaster strikes the Los Angeles Area on his watch.
Not to mention, the eventual loss of his best friend.

Tommy_Harn 01-15-06 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Maybe this will be funny the third time you post it.

Holy crap. I had to check last week's thread to make sure. He/she really did crack the same lame ass joke two weeks in a row.

Hey Jadow, here's a hint:

There are only a few of us on these boards who still watch West Wing. Coincidentally, we tend congregate in the West Wing thread to discuss the show. None of us thought the joke was funny last week, nor did we find it amusing this week. No need to try next week.

mikehunt 01-15-06 08:39 PM

know what's really funny, he wasn't even in this episode

zekeburger1979 01-15-06 08:56 PM

I don't know if any of you caught it, but Bradley Whitford wrote this episode, and boy can he bring the funny! :)

The scenes with C.J. and Will were awesome.

$10 says Danny was going to propose to C.J. when her beeper went off. Ok, so no money needs to be bet since it was obvious.

Red Dog 01-15-06 10:11 PM

This episode was painfully boring.

Tscott 01-16-06 12:09 AM

I really enjoyed watching CJ try to balance and control 3 different major problems (WWIII, ethnic cleansing and a sex scandal) not to mention Josh being a pain in her butt too.

Also, Will was very funny tonight and the scenes with CJ and Danny at the restaurant were great.

sjrab16 01-16-06 12:31 AM

I actually enjoyed this episode. I agree Tscott, this series might actually end well with the latest writing, and then the return of the people mentioned in various news stories.

Chew 01-16-06 05:57 AM

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I think the main reason is I'm getting sick of watching Santos week-in/week-out.

MrX 01-16-06 11:08 AM

I thought it was ok.

I liked the the scene with CJ and Kate in the hallway and Kate suggesting to having special ops take him out:lol:

sjrab16 01-16-06 11:14 AM

Personally I could not stand the character of Kate at the beginning, but she is definately becoming a character that I like. I think the chemistry that CJ has with Danny and then with Kate is what made this a more enjoyable episode for me.

boogieman03 01-16-06 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tscott
I really enjoyed watching CJ try to balance and control 3 different major problems (WWIII, ethnic cleansing and a sex scandal) not to mention Josh being a pain in her butt too.

Also, Will was very funny tonight and the scenes with CJ and Danny at the restaurant were great.

Agreed.

dgmayor 01-16-06 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by sjrab16
Personally I could not stand the character of Kate at the beginning, but she is definately becoming a character that I like. I think the chemistry that CJ has with Danny and then with Kate is what made this a more enjoyable episode for me.

I have to agree. I really do enjoy the scenes she has with Will, because she turns into a 12 year old girl with a crush.

mike7162 01-16-06 03:42 PM

Very good episode. I liked a lot of the back and forth between characters that reminded me of the first few seasons. Even on such a heavily political episode (who'd have thunk it on the West Wing!), lots of sly, hip humor.

Kal-El 01-17-06 01:20 AM

Will:

"I didn't do it. Toby did it."

Best line of the ep.