Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

24 2 night, 4 hour premiere 1/15-1/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 2 night, 4 hour premiere 1/15-1/16

Old 01-19-06, 12:35 PM
  #476  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
JANK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: at lightspeed slowing
Posts: 3,865
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Film_Fan
Ok stupid question coming up here was it season 5 that started last night as if so I am gonna totally be pissed!!! Have seen season 4 and was told season 5 started in Feb so what's this all about??????? Please don't say I have missed the start of season 5 or anything regarding it? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........................


So who told you it started in Feb???

I feel your pain. Can you find somebody who taped the 1st four hours?
Old 01-19-06, 12:42 PM
  #477  
DVD Talk Legend
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,752
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have similar incident last year which I decided to miss whole season 4. I blame on NFL/FOX entirely for confusion Fall schedule - I was lead to believe 24 would start after NFL's over and I missed first 3 episodes...
Old 01-19-06, 01:06 PM
  #478  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 675
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by McHawkson
I have similar incident last year which I decided to miss whole season 4. I blame on NFL/FOX entirely for confusion Fall schedule - I was lead to believe 24 would start after NFL's over and I missed first 3 episodes...
Must not be too familiar with a TV guide, Tivo, or the Internet. I don't think anyone else would blame the NFL and Fox for your problem.
Old 01-19-06, 01:15 PM
  #479  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 675
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by huzefa
OK, before I go any further, I love this show and will watch every plot-laden, bullet-ridden episode they ever make, but... why didn't the guy in the yellow tie just ask for the Baggage Claim Supervisor, walk up to him and ask him for the keycard? We could have avoided this whole freakin hostage situation and the terrorists would still be alive (to be killed by Jack in another episode obviously).

I think there are a few reasons.

a. they still wanted the presidents to not sign the treaty.
b. they wanted to create a diversion to clear the rest of the airport out.
c. its 24
Old 01-19-06, 01:31 PM
  #480  
DVD Talk Legend
 
McHawkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: America Empire
Posts: 14,752
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stu 17
Must not be too familiar with a TV guide, Tivo, or the Internet. I don't think anyone else would blame the NFL and Fox for your problem.
Yep... I guess I was too lazy to look in TV Guide and I just wanted to blame on NFL and FOX!
Old 01-19-06, 02:38 PM
  #481  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Posts: 10,470
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stu 17
I think there are a few reasons.

a. they still wanted the presidents to not sign the treaty.
b. they wanted to create a diversion to clear the rest of the airport out.
c. its 24
If they wanted to clear the airport out, taking hostages was hardly the way to do it. Damn these stupid terrorists; why can't they be smarter?!
Old 01-19-06, 02:45 PM
  #482  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 3,780
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by huzefa
If they wanted to clear the airport out, taking hostages was hardly the way to do it. Damn these stupid terrorists; why can't they be smarter?!

What would you have done?
Old 01-19-06, 04:01 PM
  #483  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Posts: 10,470
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boogieman03
What would you have done?
If all I really wanted was the keycard to open the bombcase, I would just have the guy in the yellow suit ask for the baggage claim supervisor (Chevensky) and take it from him (and then shoot him too).
Old 01-19-06, 04:17 PM
  #484  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 3,780
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by huzefa
If all I really wanted was the keycard to open the bombcase, I would just have the guy in the yellow suit ask for the baggage claim supervisor (Chevensky) and take it from him (and then shoot him too).
You would also need to get access to the hanger and make sure nobody is around so that you can demo the concrete to get to the canisters.
Old 01-20-06, 01:00 PM
  #485  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Is this gonna be Gallant Pig's gimmic this entire season? because its getting old quicker than the mole plotline.

The one benifit of him being a mod is that I can see his Blue avitar right away and quickly skip the posts

Word...
Old 01-21-06, 01:19 PM
  #486  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Posts: 10,470
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boogieman03
You would also need to get access to the hanger and make sure nobody is around so that you can demo the concrete to get to the canisters.
Ahh but the demo-ing was apparently no problem for those guys; so it shouldn't be much of a problem for us either.
Old 01-21-06, 01:28 PM
  #487  
Mod Emeritus
 
Gallant Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 15,325
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could have phoned in a bomb threat to the airport to clear it out.
Old 01-21-06, 01:45 PM
  #488  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 3,780
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
You call in a bomb threat, the airport clears, then you have no hostages as leverage. How would a bomb threat with the risk of no casualties (cause the airport has been cleared) scare the President to not sign his accord? I don't think a bomb threat would causes as much fear and terror as a hostage situation would.

Ahh but the demo-ing was apparently no problem for those guys; so it shouldn't be much of a problem for us either.
I don't understand what you're getting at. So the terrorists could of demo'ed the concrete with other people around?
Old 01-21-06, 01:57 PM
  #489  
Mod Emeritus
 
Gallant Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 15,325
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the reason they took the hostages was to clear the airport and allow for the terrorists to demo the concrete. Right after they storm the airport they are excavating the nerve gas. Are the authorities compleley oblivious to where they are and if so, how?

I'm not attacking the show, I really want to know.
Old 01-21-06, 03:40 PM
  #490  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 870
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gallant Pig
So the reason they took the hostages was to clear the airport and allow for the terrorists to demo the concrete. Right after they storm the airport they are excavating the nerve gas. Are the authorities compleley oblivious to where they are and if so, how?

I'm not attacking the show, I really want to know.
Probably, it was a different group of people doing the demo work, a group Jack didn't see. The people outside have no knowledge that this second group is even there, all they know is that Jack saw the terrorists give one of the hostages something and the hostage is now gone.

As for why not just call in a bomb threat, that would have cleared the airport of civilians, but then it would be swarming with people looking for the bomb. The hostage situation allowed them to keep the authorities at a distance.
Old 01-21-06, 03:45 PM
  #491  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Posts: 10,470
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boogieman03
You call in a bomb threat, the airport clears, then you have no hostages as leverage. How would a bomb threat with the risk of no casualties (cause the airport has been cleared) scare the President to not sign his accord? I don't think a bomb threat would causes as much fear and terror as a hostage situation would.


I don't understand what you're getting at. So the terrorists could of demo'ed the concrete with other people around?
The terrorists managed to demo the concrete without creating much of a fuss. So why couldn't we? It's not like they started the hostage situation BECAUSE they wanted to create a diversion; because there's no way they could have demo'ed all that in the space of an hour without any of the hundreds of cops around hearing. So they must have demo'ed it Before the hostage situation ever arose.


Here's what I think happened: the demo'ing group did their work before the hostage situation ever started and they knew of the imminent hostage-taking. But the hostage-takers didn't know anything about the demo crew. The hostage-takers actually WERE fanatics hell-bent on destroying the Terrorist Accord. Only the head-hostage-taker knew about the man in the yellow tie; probably from the main terrorist guy with the bluetooth-earpiece.

Last edited by huzefa; 01-21-06 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-21-06, 07:47 PM
  #492  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 2,394
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The damn NFL game messed up the last 10 minutes of the premiere. I was a good boy and waited until someone could send me the show from the west coast (thanks to Replay and IVS).

I just finished all four hours and damn was it exciting! I think Tony will be alright. Palmer could be okay too (fake the death to avoid any further attempts). Someone here said the actor has a role on another show. Maybe he'll show up towards the end of the season for like one or two episodes. No need for Kim Bauer to show except for eye candy.

I also just read through all 20 pages of this thread and I have to say, what's with the fuss? Let whoever wants to complain do so. If you want to defend/argue then do so. No need for nastiness.
Old 01-21-06, 08:32 PM
  #493  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,687
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by runner001
Palmer could be okay too (fake the death to avoid any further attempts). Someone here said the actor has a role on another show. Maybe he'll show up towards the end of the season for like one or two episodes.
"Okay now Mr. President, we just need you to lay under this white sheet for the next few hours to make it look like you are dead."

Somehow, I don't think so. Especially since they went out of their way to show that it was his hand (they showed his scar).
Old 01-21-06, 11:41 PM
  #494  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 686
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what a great season premiere
Old 01-22-06, 12:53 AM
  #495  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Jadzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,799
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am late here, but I finally finished watching the second half of the premiere.

I was thinking that the reason for the terrorist thing at the airport was to make the President look bad. Because if he gave in to the terrorists, he would have looked weak, but if he would have let all the hostages die so he could sign a stupid piece of paper, it would have made him look heartless. So his enemies would have won either way. The fact that the one guy in his administration was egging him makes me think that they are somehow trying to weaken his presidency. Which could not be hard-- is this like the dumbest President ever? I was laughing every time his handlers had to stop and explain complex issues to him.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.