DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   anyone with cox DVR? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/451708-anyone-cox-dvr.html)

atari2600 01-10-06 03:36 PM

anyone with cox DVR?

how do you check how much time you have left to record with?

Decker 01-10-06 03:49 PM

If you go to the recorded list, press "B". You will see a graph that will display what percent of the HD space is available, but not the exact time left. If you know the total time capacity , you can figure it out, though.

pinata242 01-10-06 03:59 PM

I've never seen that. Pressing "B" from my DVR List just shows me my upcoming scheduled recordings. What model box are you guys using?

Cusm 01-10-06 04:15 PM

I have the 8300 and you hit B when you are in the recorded menu, it is the same as options button.

atari2600 01-10-06 04:40 PM

doesnt show on mine either. i just get the upcoming scheduled recordings.

Decker 01-10-06 08:22 PM

Well, I'm not at home now so I could be wrong. Maybe it's the C button once you are listing the scheduled recordings. I'll check when I get home.

cdoug57 01-10-06 10:03 PM

Also doesn't show on mine, believe it is a Motorala.

Decker 01-10-06 10:57 PM

Nope, I was right -- for me it's 'show recorded programs, then press B'. It's a graphical bar in the left upper corner. Mine is a Scientific Atlanta 8300.

collven 01-11-06 12:50 AM

About the best you can do on Motorola boxes is to press Menu, down, B, up, B, in that order. It will show you how much recordable space you have left, in MB. You should be fine until you start getting below 20 GB, especially if you are recording much HD stuff.

pinata242 01-11-06 09:58 AM

Thanks, collven. Here in Tulsa we have Motorola boxes.

atari2600 01-12-06 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by collven
About the best you can do on Motorola boxes is to press Menu, down, B, up, B, in that order. It will show you how much recordable space you have left, in MB. You should be fine until you start getting below 20 GB, especially if you are recording much HD stuff.

i dont know whats wrong with mine but that doesnt work at all. if i press menu, the B button doesnt do anything.

LasVegasMichael 01-12-06 12:47 PM

First, press DVR List. This will bring up your recorded programs list. While the menu is on the screen, you push "B". It will bring up your percentage of time used.

Mine is a Scientific Atlanta HD box.

atari2600 01-12-06 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by LasVegasMichael
First, press DVR List. This will bring up your recorded programs list. While the menu is on the screen, you push "B". It will bring up your percentage of time used.

Mine is a Scientific Atlanta HD box.

i did that and all i get are my scheduled recordings...theres no % or bar or anything. i have a motorola.

Cardiff Giant11 01-12-06 04:40 PM

the motorola dvr boxes suck so hard, i've already had one die on me and my current one will randomly restart and it also occasionally freezes during the first few minutes of an HD show if I'm recording it but also watching it live. Not to mention that it gets hot as hell unless I leave my cabinet door open. How is it my big Onkyo receiver stays cooler than a DVR box?

atari2600 01-26-06 08:22 AM

yeah my motorola is starting to suck now too. its getting slower and a couple days ago it said "your box is full" or some shit, which caused me to lose something i really wanted taped. but i checked the times by adding them up and it wasnt even half full.