DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   House - 01/10/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/451655-house-01-10-06-a.html)

B.A. 01-10-06 08:39 AM

House - 01/10/06

http://www.fox.com/house/images/promoA.jpg

"Failure to Communicate" Episode #210.

Spoiler:
With House and Stacy out of town, the team is left on their own to help a journalist, whose sudden collapse is followed by an inability to speak clearly.

Cast: Hugh Laurie, Lisa Edelstein, Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard, Jennifer Morrison, Jesse Spencer, Sela Ward, Michael O'Keefe, Erica Gimpel, Mimi Kennedy, Bruce French, Pat Caldwell , Derek Anthony, Michael Len .
Producer(s): Paul Attanasio, Katie Jacobs, David Shore, Bryan Singer.

Original Airdate: January 10, 2006.

House

Patman 01-10-06 09:19 PM

Yet another winner of an episode.

House and Stacy almost get down with it, but duty calls.

Who knew Danny Noonan would get treated by House via cell phone? Loved the whole interaction and dissection of the power structure in the diag group.

cdoug57 01-10-06 10:01 PM

Excellent episode.

Lipstick on the wall, he had to write it down. rotfl Very funny.

Diagnosis by long-distance, does House have telepathy?

B.A. 01-10-06 10:43 PM

Hugh Laurie has amazing chemistry w/ Sela Ward. And his chemistry w/ the rest of the cast is still awesome via telephone.

Roto 01-11-06 01:04 AM

It was alright, but I think I prefer House in the hospital and Cuddy showing cleavage. The scenes with Foreman tormenting her were pretty good though.

I didn't realize Fred from Roseanne was Danny from Caddyshack.

B.A. 01-11-06 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Roto
I didn't realize Fred from Roseanne was Danny from Caddyshack.

For some reason, I always remember him as the oldest son from The Great Santini.

Charlie Goose 01-11-06 08:36 AM

Or the ex of Bonnie Raitt. :)

Good episode as always. I liked how Forman got bent out of shape when Cuddy didn't want to give him the case without House.

superdeluxe 01-11-06 08:58 AM

I liked how foreman and chase decided to break some rules heh.

I also liked how House stole the ball from the kid.

wageslave 01-11-06 09:12 AM

Great episode.

A little OT

Did anyone catch the interview with Hugh Laurie on the Ellen show. He looked like he just walked off the "House" set but I couldn't believe how different he is in real life than Dr. House. He was such an english dandy boy it wasn't funny. Just goes to show he is a great actor if nothing else.

Flave 01-11-06 09:35 AM

Is it just me or does the world really stop when Sela Ward smiles? :)

Charlie Goose 01-11-06 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by wageslave
Did anyone catch the interview with Hugh Laurie on the Ellen show. He looked like he just walked off the "House" set but I couldn't believe how different he is in real life than Dr. House. He was such an english dandy boy it wasn't funny. Just goes to show he is a great actor if nothing else.

I was just watching some Blackadder Goes Forth yesterday. It really is odd seeing him as the gruff House after watching the daffy George.

adamblast 01-11-06 12:53 PM

Yep, in most of his Brit roles before House he's been extremely silly, and usually a bit fem... espcially when teamed up with creative partner Stephen Fry... Check out their two TV series together if you're a fan... (A Bit of Fry & Laurie, and Jeeves & Wooster)...

I was actually really shocked when House became a hit and I saw him in it... thinking to myself: Jeez, Hugh got butch all of a sudden... :) But it's a great character.

Achtung 01-11-06 01:31 PM

Ditto for seeing him in the Stuart Little movies as the dad. He seems to do a great job in everything.

mike7162 01-11-06 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by B.A.
For some reason, I always remember him as the oldest son from The Great Santini.

Didn't he also play the titular character (I said titular, heh heh) in Bo Derek's Tarzan, the Ape Man?

Charlie Goose 01-11-06 03:57 PM

No, that was Miles O'Keefe as Tarzan.

mike7162 01-11-06 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
No, that was Miles O'Keefe as Tarzan.

My bad.

MrX 01-11-06 09:57 PM

Pretty good episode. Foreman meesing with Cuddy was goos as were the scenes with House and Stacy.

Sucks we have to wait until February for the next new episode.

Bateman 01-12-06 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
Sucks we have to wait until February for the next new episode.

Ugh. They come back for just one episode then take a break again?

superdeluxe 01-12-06 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bateman
Ugh. They come back for just one episode then take a break again?

Yes one episode in 2 months essentially.

fumanstan 01-12-06 09:00 PM

Dang, I had no idea there was such a long hiatus. Boo! Boo!

Cory02 01-13-06 07:19 PM

House's choice of reading material in the airport was great as well: Classic Lesbian Prison Stories.

uhftv 01-15-06 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe

I also liked how House stole the ball from the kid.

Did I miss a scene? I thought they just cut to him on the phone while holding the ball? How did he get it?

solipsta 01-15-06 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by uhftv
Did I miss a scene? I thought they just cut to him on the phone while holding the ball? How did he get it?

A little bit after the kid is throwing the ball at the chair, we see House on the phone and the kid looking under the chair for his ball. Just after that, you see House playing with the ball. It didn't show him actually stealing it...

Katre 01-15-06 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by wageslave
Great episode.

A little OT

Haven't seen him on Ellen, but i thought he was very funny, when he appeared on Leno. I definitely saw some of House in him.

JasonF 06-01-08 11:34 PM

New fan of House here, catching up with it on DVD. I thought I'd bump this two-and-a-half-year-old thread to ask a very important uestion:

WHO THE HELL TAKES A PLANE FROM BALTMORE TO PRINCETON!?!?!! Can you even take a commercial flight into Princeton? Seriously -- it's a two-hour drive. They probably spent more time going through the metal detectors than it would have taken them to drive.

That issue aside, it's a great show. I'm sorry I waited this long to start watching it.