DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica, 1/6/05, Resurrection Ship-Part 1 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/451196-battlestar-galactica-1-6-05-resurrection-ship-part-1-a.html)

Alvis 01-06-06 05:49 AM

Battlestar Galactica, 1/6/05, Resurrection Ship-Part 1

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/imag...actica_800.jpg

Resurrection Ship, Part 1

Command Adama and Admiral Cain (Michelle Forbes) face off to decide the future of Helo and Tyrol, and also the rest of the fleet.
I am so ready. :)

Chew 01-06-06 06:00 AM

Knowing the original series and the two-parter this storyline is based on, it'll be interesting to see how they handle the future of this Pegasus.

runner001 01-06-06 07:05 AM

This along with 24, i'm so freakin' excited! thank goodness for my DVR cause I just signed up for 2 grad classes and I know I won't be able to watch them when they air and it will save me time w/o having to sit through commercials! :)

mikeporter 01-06-06 09:40 AM

I have been patiently waiting for both BSG and Lost to return. I'm glad :) at least one of them is returning tonight. :thumbsup:

AGuyNamedMike 01-06-06 09:43 AM

DVR set.

MrX 01-06-06 09:59 AM

can't wait:up:

MBoyd 01-06-06 10:04 AM

So anyone think is Cain a Cylon?

pinata242 01-06-06 10:12 AM

This'll be the first episode I see live and I've been living for this night for a while now.

Originally Posted by MBoyd

I hope Cain doesn't turn out to be another Cylon. Too predictable and easy. We need a good human bad guy.

Chew 01-06-06 10:15 AM

I certainly hope Moore continues with his podcasts. Has anyone heard anything on that?

MBoyd 01-06-06 10:23 AM

AICN has a review up of the episode. I was bad and read it.

buzzdalf 01-06-06 10:45 AM

I still have the last epsiode sitting on my Tivo. I will have a BSG double feature tonight with the replay of the finale followed by the new episode!!

treszoks 01-06-06 10:54 AM

It's about fraking time.

Setzer 01-06-06 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by treszoks
It's about fraking time.

:up: Amen!

Phil L. 01-06-06 01:23 PM

Ok, I did not watch BG season one, but I've heard good things and am interested.
So here are my questions...should I...
(1) Just start watching S2 tonight hoping I can figure it all out?
(2) Get S1 from Netflix and DVR S2 while catching up?
(3) Get S1 from Netflix but start watching S2 tonight anyway?
(4) Pass on S2 for now and wait for that to come out on DVD and make it a S1 + S2 marathon?

My problem with option (2) is that I only have so much available viewing time and with tons of new shows starting, my DVR will fill up quickly and I'm going to have to perform TV triage at some point as it is.

bboisvert 01-06-06 01:29 PM

Phil -- this is actually the 2nd half of Season 2. They've already aired 10 episodes.

Given that, the absolute worst thing you could do would be #1 or 3. I can't imagine anyone jumping into this show midway through the second season without being confused and disappointed. I'd vote for #2, or #4 if you run out of DVR room.

Silt 01-06-06 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Phil L.
Ok, I did not watch BG season one, but I've heard good things and am interested.
(4) Pass on S2 for now and wait for that to come out on DVD and make it a S1 + S2 marathon?

My problem with option (2) is that I only have so much available viewing time and with tons of new shows starting, my DVR will fill up quickly and I'm going to have to perform TV triage at some point as it is.

Well tonight actually starts season 2.5 (they are calling it). The first part of season 2 ran last summer and they are continuing it now.

I would DVR 2.5 and Netflix S1 and S2.0 if you are wanting to see this show. Hoping in on tonight's show without any backstory will probably leave you a little lost. Once you start watching BSG from the beginning, I would wager you'll make viewing time available to watch it all!

aktick 01-06-06 04:48 PM

I'm just bought my first HDTV (don't have the HD-DVR yet...soon), and see Universial HD on DirecTV has BSG - is it just past episodes, or do they have the new episodes on fairly quickly?

Josh-da-man 01-06-06 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by MBoyd

No. She's just a bitch.

mikehunt 01-06-06 09:51 PM

I want you to pull out your weapon, and shoot Admiral Cain in the head

mikehunt 01-06-06 09:52 PM

why is the forum clock off by 6 minutes?
it makes it look like I posted that line before Adama said it

Cartload 01-06-06 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Phil L.

All of Season 1 and the first 10 episodes of Season 2 (the dvd set of this is known as Season 2.0) are on DVD. Netflix all of those while saving the new episodes on your DVR. They will be releasing new episodes on iTunes the day after they air, so if space is a premium on your DVR, you can just download the episodes.

Robertwoj 01-06-06 10:09 PM

Next Week's trailer seemed to give a couple things away:

Spoiler:
1) The mission was successful, otherwise Starbuck would not be seen walking towards the CIC on Pegasus.
2) The hand that held the gun pointed at Cain had bruising on it. That had to be the cyclon prisoner from the Pegasus brig, no? She wanted to die anyway. What a perfect scenario. Dr. Baltar can't kill her, probably finds out about Starbuck's order and decides to help the cylon get herself killed by being the trigger person. She shoots Cain, probably gets herself killed. Two birds with one stone and Commander Adama avoids a rebelious Pegasus, who thinks the cylon did it.

necros 01-06-06 10:12 PM

awesome episode :)

But for some reason, I think Jack is gonna be the one doing the shooting in the head.

Guess I'll just have to wait a week to find out...

Jadow 01-06-06 10:51 PM

who cares about BSG, THEY FOUND A WAY TO STOP THE ORI PRIORS ON SG1!

Heat 01-06-06 11:45 PM

Wow, great action-packed episode. Both commanders have sent out an assassin against the other.