DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Office - 01/05/06 (Same Time/New Night) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/451042-office-01-05-06-same-time-new-night.html)

B.A. 01-05-06 07:07 AM

The Office - 01/05/06 (Same Time/New Night)

"Booze Cruise"

Spoiler:
When Michael takes the Mifflin crew on a motivational harbor cruise, things get out of hand and Michael ends up in the brig.

Cast: Steve Carell, Jenna Fischer, John Krasinski, Rainn Wilson, B.J. Novak, David Denman.
Producer(s): Ben Silverman, Greg Daniels, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, Howard Klein .

Original Airdate: January 5, 2006.

The Office

Schrute-Space

Chew 01-05-06 07:20 AM

It's nice to finally have a night of new TV after nearly 2 weeks with nothing but repeats to watch. :)

Doughboy 01-05-06 07:25 AM

Now that Arrested Development is (likely)done, tonight The Office can officially take its place as the funniest show on TV.

Geofferson 01-05-06 07:54 AM

I hope it does well on its new night. :up:

dcswirl 01-05-06 11:01 AM

I'm nervous about it being on the same time as CSI -pray-

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 01-05-06 11:14 AM

I like the NBC commericals about The Office being the most original show on TV :lol:

GuessWho 01-05-06 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by B.A.

(Please note that I said "100%" and not "110%. I hate when people
say "110%". It is virtually impossible. 100% is the maximum amount
of anything. You simply cannot go above 100%. I tell people that
say "110%" instead of "100%" that they don't know what they are
talking about and that they are probably stupid or worse.)

Nesbit 01-05-06 04:29 PM

Question: why is there not world peace? We are the most powerful
nation in the world with the armaments to enforce total world peace
lockdown. Let's all pray for a total world peace lockdown
enforcement in 2006!

redrum 01-05-06 08:54 PM

good episode.

Doughboy 01-05-06 09:02 PM

I guess Michael motivated someone after all.

This was the closest Jim has come to resembling Tim from the BBC series. It helps that they're using a similar storyline from that show(Tim dumping his hot girlfriend because he's still hung up on Dawn).

Lateralus 01-05-06 09:04 PM

Did they say their wedding date was June 10th?

JPRaup 01-05-06 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lateralus
Did they say their wedding date was June 10th?

yes i believe so

darkside 01-05-06 09:17 PM

Good episode. The motivational episode of the British series is one of my all time favorite so at first I thought they would try and tackle that one. However, even though it went in a different direction I thought it was good. Nice to see them go after the Jim and Pam storyline more and nice to see that while Michael Scott is an idiot he at least isn't as mean spirited as his British counterpart. The little talk to Jim at the end was kind of nice. BTW, Meredith getting drunk and naked is pretty funny but I doubt they can work that in to many more situations.

Steam 01-05-06 10:09 PM

I didn't understand that Dwight/Angela thing. This is the second episode in a row where Dwight turned down a woman. The whole thing just bothers me.

B.A. 01-05-06 10:10 PM

Loved it when Michael finally told Dwigt that the wheel was fake.

I can't stop laughing at how Dwigt kept thinking he was steering the boat, particularly when he was telling Angela that he was returning to port. :lol:

worrywort 01-05-06 11:53 PM

They spend an awful lot of time out of the office. On the boat, Chili's, the parking lot, Jim's house, and Dwight’s Dojo.

Draven 01-06-06 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by worrywort
They spend an awful lot of time out of the office. On the boat, Chili's, the parking lot, Jim's house, and Dwight’s Dojo.

And?

This one wasn't quite as :lol: funny as some have been this season, but I'll never get tired of Michael's ridiculous attempts to be a leader.

I will say that putting all of Dwight's belongings into the vending machine (including his wallet :lol: ) is the funniest thing I've seen in a LONG time.

bluesix 01-06-06 12:15 AM

was that Rob Riggle (formerly of SNL's 2004-2005 cast) as the boat captain?

kinda wondered where he ended up. and why he had such a short stint on the show....

slop101 01-06-06 12:35 AM

They wasted Amy Adams - if you've seen Junebug, you'd know she's capable of so much more.

Groucho 01-06-06 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by bluesix

Good eye. That was indeed Riggle.

MrX 01-06-06 01:54 AM

I loved how the camera went straight to Jim after Michael did his Leo impression on the boat:lol:

The vending machine opening was great as well

the big train 01-06-06 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Draven
And?
I will say that putting all of Dwight's belongings into the vending machine (including his wallet :lol: ) is the funniest thing I've seen in a LONG time.

That was inspired. And that was before the nickels. rotfl

sven 01-06-06 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by B.A.
Loved it when Michael finally told Dwigt that the wheel was fake.

I can't stop laughing at how Dwigt kept thinking he was steering the boat, particularly when he was telling Angela that he was returning to port. :lol:

The little half a second "he's such and idiot" look Michael gives Jim after telling Dwight the wheel was fake was my favorite part.....well besides the whole belongings in the vending machine thing.

Chew 01-06-06 05:59 AM

Jim giving a bewildered or amused glance into the camera is always great for a laugh.

The vending machine. :lol::up:

B.A. 01-06-06 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by bluesix

kinda wondered where he ended up. and why he had such a short stint on the show....

I knew I recognized him. Good call.

I forgot about the vending machine opening. That was classic.