Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Jeremiah tv series Discussion - old but great series

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-04-06, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In a post-apocalyptic future, a deadly virus has wiped out most of humanity. The only ones who survived, was those who hadn't yet reached puberty. Now a decade has gone by, and a man called Jeremiah (Luke Perry) is set on a quest to find a mysterious place his father spoke of, a place called Valhalla.

5 years after a virus wiped out everyone who had passed puberty, the survivors are living on the scraps of the old world. Now they must either continue the downward slide, or begin to rebuild the world, taking responsibility for themselves and the world and each other.

Jeremiah is set in a future post-apocalyptic world where, almost a decade before, a deadly virus wiped out the world's adult population sparing only those who haven't reached puberty. Now in their 20s, the oldest survivors of the pandemic include Jeremiah and the colorful but cynical Kurdy. Jeremiah is on a personal quest to relocate a mysterious place called Valhalla, which his father claimed might hold some hope for the survivors. As Jeremiah falls into a reluctant partnership with Kurdy, both explore new areas and encounter other groups of young adults who are divided into rival social groups. In the course of the season opener, Jeremiah's smaller personal quest is redirected when he discovers a group of highly organized survivors who want to enlist him to orchestrate peace among the warring factions and to try and prevent the killer virus from returning.

anyone love this series?

MAN I just finish watching the first season and wondering whats going to happen between Jeremiah and his Dad.

I soo want season 2 and is there a season 3? or if they going to continue with this series in the future I hope. I know its old but don't you guys want more of this great series.

Is there a way I can contact scifi or whoever made Jeremiah ?

would do anything to see more of this great tv series!

Last edited by warswift; 01-04-06 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-04-06, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

there's no season three, it was dumped in the middle? of season two I guess..20 S1 episodes, and 15 S2 ..Never saw the show until I got the dvds for season 1 from walmart during that misprice thing a year? or so back ..As soon as I watched the first episode, I couldn't stop..It's a great show..and unfortunate that season 2 isn't on DVD yet..not sure if it ended with a cliffhanger or anything ..there's no chance of this coming back imo, most shows that get canned usually don't ..it aired originally on showtime I believe..

And for those who will undoubtly post links to bootleg sites that sell season two, please don't, because I'll just delete your posts..
Old 01-05-06, 03:24 PM

Did the season two finale resolve the series, or was the cancellation sudden?
Old 01-05-06, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's a lot that happens in the 15 episodes of season 2. I felt about the finale to jeremiah the same way I felt about the finale to Angel...the resolution is not shown and there are certainly more stories that could be told, but I felt very satisfied about what we got.

If you are salivating over the cliffhanger to season 1, it gets much better in my opinion with season 2...feels like I've been waiting forever for those dvds to come out

Michael
Old 01-07-06, 12:05 AM

Well I bought a bootleg off a site -.- because there isn't any season 2 around.