Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

My "I've never seen Seinfeld" review thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How anyone can love Frasier and dislike Seinfeld is... well I just can't understand it. To me, Frasier's characters were 10x more annoying than anyone on Seinfeld. Oh well... no offense, Chew.
Old 02-08-06, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like many have said, you are catching up to this show waaaaaay too late. I would imagine that the vast majority of people who picked up the DVDs were people who had loved the show for years. That said, I got 1,2 and 3 as a gift when they came out and I've never watched them. I've seen every episode on NBC and in syndication a million times and don't really feel the need to revisit them unless I have insomnia and one happens to come on.

I wish you could skip ahead to the backwards episode from the final season. That was nuts. And the infamous Susan stuff. Oh well. You wouldn't enjoy it anyway.
Old 02-08-06, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz

I wish you could skip ahead to the backwards episode from the final season. That was nuts.
It's been a while since I've seen that one, but I remember it not being funny at all, but a pretty good take on the gimmick it was employing. The very end was very funny though. I think it was the last line of the episode that put it over the top.

This episode didn't mesh with the background of Kramer that was set up on Mad About You either. Granted you don't have to consider that "canon" but it still screws the timeline up.
Old 02-08-06, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It's been a while since I've seen that one, but I remember it not being funny at all
Its VERY funny if you drink enough Schnapps before watching it.
Old 02-08-06, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your admitted irrational dislike of it when never having seen it makes me think that you didn't want to like the show. This experiment really feels more like a way to validate the opinions you had made up for yourself beforehand. I never believed for second that you would be converted into a fan.

Who forces themselves to watch multiple seasons of a show they don't enjoy? Move on with your life, man.
Old 02-08-06, 10:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMadMonk
Your admitted irrational dislike of it when never having seen it makes me think that you didn't want to like the show. This experiment really feels more like a way to validate the opinions you had made up for yourself beforehand. I never believed for second that you would be converted into a fan.
I thought the same thing.
Old 02-08-06, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Chew, thanks for the thread! I'm glad you enjoyed "The Contest". Interesting experiment - I never would have sat through that much of a show I wasn't into. (On the other hand, I did do a wierd experiment with tomatoes once. I wanted to see if, after decades of hating them, I could train myself to like them. I succeeded somewhat, much to my surprise.)