Reload this Page >

Scrubs - "My Intern's Eyes"/"My Right of Passage" - 1/03/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Scrubs - "My Intern's Eyes"/"My Right of Passage" - 1/03/06

Old 01-05-06, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fielding Mellish
First I don't think that even the most optimistic NBC programmer expected Earl-type numbers from a 4-year old "workhorse" sitcom.

Second The were up against the Orange Bowl, for Chrissakes!

(I'm actually pretty encouraged about those numbers.)
Yea I'm curious to see how it will do against regular competition.
Old 01-05-06, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No kidding about the numbers ... I thought I was a huge fan of the show, but I didn't even KNOW that the episodes had aired until I saw them on my Tivo the next day.
Old 01-09-06, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by tanman
Yeah, I don't know. Neither of the eps were Scrubs in top form. It all just seemed too forced. This is coming from a huge Scrubs fan since day one.

It was like they were going down a checklist of what people expect in scrubs except it wasn't really funny. Were there any major changes to the team? It seemed like something was off. I hope it is just a fluke.
I have to agree with you. I was quite disappointed. The first was bad, the second was better, but not by much.
Old 01-09-06, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Link

Good News, Bad News for 'Scrubs' Return

Wednesday, January 04, 2006
02:19 PM PT

It may be true that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Or in the case of "Scrubs," about 850,000 hearts.

After being held off the fall schedule, the NBC comedy began its fifth season Tuesday (Jan. 3) with two episodes that averaged about 7.85 million viewers. That's not bad in the context of the show's recent history, but it's significantly below NBC's average in the 9 p.m. Tuesday hour this season.

For the 2004-05 season, when it aired mostly at 9:30 on Tuesdays, "Scrubs" drew just over 7 million viewers per week, so Tuesday's episodes represent an improvement on that front. The two episodes beat all other entertainment programming in the hour among adults 18-49, NBC's target demographic (ABC's coverage of the Orange Bowl won the hour handily).

Continuing the glass-half-full perspective, NBC further notes that the 9 p.m. episode's 3.8 rating among adults 18-49 was "Scrubs'" best ever in that timeslot, where 20 episodes have aired. The 9:30 episode improved to 4.1 in 18-49, the show's best performance since early last season.

On the not-insignificant downside, "Scrubs" fell well short of what "My Name Is Earl" has delivered so far this season on Tuesdays: better than 12 million viewers and 18-49 ratings that regularly top 5.0 ("Earl" moves to Thursdays beginning this week, along with "The Office").

The 9:30 "Scrubs," which drew a little over 7.9 million viewers, was pretty much on par with "The Office's" season average of 8.1 million.

Chris
I wonder if it would have done better if it had been put on Thursday with Earl. Anyone know what the numbers for the new sitcom that was on during that night?

Finally saw the second episode over the weekend. Now that was funny.
I'm not usually one for Fart humor but that ATM/Fart joke was pretty funny.