Search this Thread

Old 02-12-06, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BigPete
Now playing

[edit]

and i think i just heard someone say "pull a mirror out of your asshole"
Just caught that ep., too. Great to see JLU back on TV.

But FWIW, the captioning said, "pull a mirror out of your arsenal." (Although "asshole" would have been sweet.)
Old 02-12-06, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts
well he did say it with a slight accent that sounded like ah-sonal.
at first i thought a-hole too.

the beginning had me thinking i was watching the tick for a minute.

the "don;t let them tell you you're a crazed loner." line was a hoot.

was the trickster on JL before.
he was on louis and clark, yes?

Last edited by whotony; 02-12-06 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-12-06, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
The Trickster was on The Flash-The Prankster was on Lois and Clark.
Old 02-12-06, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
hmmm are The Trickster, Prankster, and Joker all voice by Mark Hamilton? I know the the joker and trickster are but not sure on prankster.
Old 02-12-06, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
hmmm are The Trickster, Prankster, and Joker all voice by Mark Hamilton? I know the the joker and trickster are but not sure on prankster.
Mark Hamill AKA Luke Skywalker
Old 02-13-06, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Enjoyed the episode a lot - I love it when the show takes itself less seriously.

I thought it was funny to hear Alexis Denisof (Wesley on "Buffy" and "Angel") voicing the Mirror Master without his British accent. Had to run it back to confirm that it was him.
Old 02-13-06, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by whotony
well he did say it with a slight accent that sounded like ah-sonal.
at first i thought a-hole too.
It sounded so close to a-hole, that I think it was done on purpose to get everyone thinking "Wait! He said what?!?"

Fun episode. I liked the whole "No more one-at-a-time" discussion. The scheduling of this show on Cartoon network amazes me -- not only do they go away for months after just 4 episodes, but they air at 10:30 pm on Saturdays (with no repeats). It's like they want the show to fail. Anyway, at least we're getting them now, and soon the US will be caught up with you Canadian and European bastards
Old 02-13-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Hamill also played the Trickster in the Flash TV series.
Old 02-13-06, 07:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just watched Alive and if this is the last hurrah for JLU, they are going with a bang!!! I'm just anxious to see the last episode next week.
Old 02-13-06, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee
It sounded so close to a-hole, that I think it was done on purpose to get everyone thinking "Wait! He said what?!?"

Fun episode. I liked the whole "No more one-at-a-time" discussion. The scheduling of this show on Cartoon network amazes me -- not only do they go away for months after just 4 episodes, but they air at 10:30 pm on Saturdays (with no repeats). It's like they want the show to fail. Anyway, at least we're getting them now, and soon the US will be caught up with you Canadian and European bastards
Leave the Canadians alone this time.
YTV (the network running this show) has only started running the new season recently. They showed "Shadow of the Hawk" last week.
Old 02-13-06, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
I just realized that JLU was pretty much the only reason I was going to take the "Cable/Satt" plunge. Now that it's going away I may never get Cable/Satt.
Old 02-14-06, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about if we start a petition to Cartoon Network/WB? Its the best animated show on tv, for pete's sake! Any chance that would help? Its just so upsetting if we lose JLU. The storylines are a lot better than the DC movies.
Old 02-14-06, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by DvdGene
How about if we start a petition to Cartoon Network/WB? Its the best animated show on tv, for pete's sake! Any chance that would help? Its just so upsetting if we lose JLU. The storylines are a lot better than the DC movies.
Someone (on another forum) indicated that's probably the "real" reason it's being cancelled. The majority of the DC superhero films just don't measure up in terms of writing... when compared to the Timm/Dini DC Animated Series.
Old 02-14-06, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So they're canceling the series because it's "too good"?
Old 02-14-06, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
I know it doesn't really seem like a logical decision... but why else has CW/WB dicked around with the production (character embargos) and schedule for this "hit" series?

They'll probably say that they're canceling the show simply because it doesn't perform well... ratings-wise.

Gee? I wonder why.
Old 02-14-06, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My best guess is that CN isn't making as much money on it as they would like to or maybe they are breaking even...who knows? This isn't a show where they can just import the episodes and slap it on TV with a bad dub. A lot of production goes into this series...it drips quality...it has to cost some $$$ to make this show.

I'm sure the WB Super Stuffed Saturday morning cartoon marathon could handle it, but we'd have a different show catering to the very young....

^$#%%@# I started typing this about 3 hours ago and I had a nice thought out response and now I can't remember what I was going to say thanks to my crazy job
Old 02-14-06, 03:48 PM

If anything, is it possible that dvd sales will change Warner's mind?

There has to be a fairly large fanbase out there and once the season sets are released, the numbers are going to show that JLU needs to continue. Not that I'm going to hold my breath, but it worked for other shows.
Old 02-14-06, 08:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by amped
If anything, is it possible that dvd sales will change Warner's mind?

There has to be a fairly large fanbase out there and once the season sets are released, the numbers are going to show that JLU needs to continue. Not that I'm going to hold my breath, but it worked for other shows.
DVD sales may help JLU stay afloat half a season more, but the situation with this show is similar to what Arrested Development is going through; both are great shows but they don't have enough audience (ratings) to keep them alive. It also didn't help the fact that FOX or CN kept moving around each show like ping pong balls and the following they had couldn't keep with the changes.

Arrested Development and JLU are an great example of the sad state that TV and culture in general are going through. Good, inteligent shows are dismissed in favor of reality crap, Pokemon and Digishit and mass-produced excrement. It is realy sad that The Simple Life and The Batman have better ratings than AD and JLU respectively.
Old 02-14-06, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts
the batman isnt just on cartoon network and is dumbed down and geared towards kids.
if jlu was on a sat morn network that would get better rating too.

Last edited by whotony; 02-14-06 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-14-06, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

JLU on Saturday morning would = a dumbed down show
Old 02-14-06, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deadpool
My best guess is that CN isn't making as much money on it as they would like to or maybe they are breaking even...who knows? This isn't a show where they can just import the episodes and slap it on TV with a bad dub. A lot of production goes into this series...it drips quality...it has to cost some $$$ to make this show.

I'm sure the WB Super Stuffed Saturday morning cartoon marathon could handle it, but we'd have a different show catering to the very young....

^$#%%@# I started typing this about 3 hours ago and I had a nice thought out response and now I can't remember what I was going to say thanks to my crazy job
Well dicking with the schedule doesn't really help a show get advertisers.

I personally think JLU would have probably dominated Weekly Prime Time if the WB aired it around Smallville.

..... I guess it won't be long before we see JL on Boomerrang.
Old 02-15-06, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
They are canceling it because time warner doesn't want to allow characters in their movie to appear on tv. Live action movies are the death of animated tv shows.
Old 02-19-06, 01:05 PM
Banned

It seems that the season (maybe series) finale aired last night in the UK. More info with some screecaps here: (Warning: contan spoilers)
http://www.batbeyond.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8294

There are mixed reviews about the episode.
Old 02-19-06, 04:41 PM

anyone know if the last episode is available via "alternative" sources yet?
Old 02-19-06, 05:11 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by _tony_
anyone know if the last episode is available via "alternative" sources yet?
If I was looking for it, I'd put on my BlueTights before searching for it on Google because I'm such a Superman Fan. Site to behold I tell you. Then if my BlueTights fit, I'd probably wander The Planet and watch some Television, hopefully an episode of Justice League Unlimited. But that's just me.

Last edited by Flay; 02-19-06 at 05:24 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.