DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   how're these shows holding up? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/449663-howre-these-shows-holding-up.html)

superman69 12-22-05 02:41 PM

how're these shows holding up?

hello, i was thinkin about this last night, and was wondering if theres any interest or people still watching some shows the wifa and i have given up on.

Commander in chief
Invasion
Threshold
Surface

any of these in risk of cancellation? or worst yet any of them improve dramatically?

Groucho 12-22-05 02:42 PM

Commander in Chief is getting good ratings, no chance of cancellation.

Threshold has been cancelled.

Don't know about the other two.

Geofferson 12-22-05 03:03 PM

Although I don't watch it, I think Invasion is doing pretty decent in its post-Lost slot.

Red Dog 12-22-05 03:29 PM

I like C-in-C - the addition of Mark Paul Gossellar should probably kick it up a notch as well.

Shannon Nutt 12-22-05 03:32 PM

Commander in chief - Sure to be renewed
Invasion - "On the bubble"
Threshold - Cancelled
Surface - Sure to be cancelled...at least if there's any justice in the world.:)

Tommy Ceez 12-22-05 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
the addition of Mark Paul Gossellar should probably kick it up a notch as well.

Did you feel at all strange typing this sentence?

Red Dog 12-22-05 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Did you feel at all strange typing this sentence?

Not really since the job he did on NYPD Blue made me pretty much forget about the Zach Morris days.

Damfino 12-22-05 03:40 PM

Commander in chief - Never watched it
Invasion - Watched the first 4 episodes, got bored and quit.
Threshold - Watched every episode, thought it was ok but I'm not upset that it was canceled.
Surface - I've seen every episode, I like it but I don't love it.

riley_dude 12-22-05 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by superman69
hello, i was thinkin about this last night, and was wondering if theres any interest or people still watching some shows the wifa and i have given up on.

Commander in chief
Invasion
Threshold
Surface

any of these in risk of cancellation? or worst yet any of them improve dramatically?

Commander in Chief is still very good. The other's aren't worth watching.

Draven 12-22-05 04:51 PM

Invasion's been really good so far - a slow buildup, but a very intriguing story and the last few episodes have really ramped it up, content-wise.

Threshold was good, but is, alas, cancelled.

Watched the pilot for Surface but didn't continue - I decided I only needed two "aliens in the water" shows this season.

gatoinfeliz 12-22-05 09:57 PM

Last I heard:
Comander In Chief - full season order
Invasion - full season order
Threshold - cancelled
Surface - full season order

Josh H 12-22-05 10:16 PM

Invasion picked up a ton in the last episode, and the previews for the next look like it's going to keep it up.

Didn't check out any of the others.

TheBigDave 12-22-05 10:34 PM

Invasion has gotten much better. After all the pre-season hype, I was really disappointed by the first few episodes. I kept watching it just because there was nothing good on after Lost. But it was so slow I was ready to give it up. However, the last few episodes have been very good, and I'm actually looking forward to it returning in January. Hopefully they'll be able to keep it up.