DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The O.C. - 12/15/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/448910-o-c-12-15-05-a.html)

B.A. 12-15-05 01:53 PM

The O.C. - 12/15/05

"The Chrismukkah Bar Mitz-vahkka" Episode #310.

Spoiler:
After the gang spends hours picking out the perfect Christmas trees, they devise a special plan to help a friend in need.

Cast: Peter Gallagher, Benjamin McKenzie, Kelly Rowan, Adam Brody, Mischa Barton, Rachel Bilson, Melinda Clarke, Ryan Donowho, Michael Nouri, Blair Hickey, Juan Ramirez, Nicklaus Koeppen .
Producer(s): Josh Schwartz, Doug Liman, McG, Dave Bartis, Bob DeLaurentis.

Original Airdate: December 15, 2005.

The O.C.

MFRONE 12-15-05 08:01 PM

Hmmm...so Marisa's sister is coming back as a high schooler?

Gizmo 12-15-05 08:31 PM

MFRone, Please use spoilers!
Also...big spoiler just announced today that will make a TON of people happy...
Spoiler:
Anna will be coming back!

MFRONE 12-15-05 08:53 PM

Why should I use spoilers? It was a preview for next episode, if you watch Fox they are running the promo with her in it.

Patman 12-15-05 08:59 PM

Here we go again...

MrX 12-15-05 09:11 PM

The scenes with Seth and Sandy up on stage were pretty funny.

Johnny needs to go far away.

Gizmo 12-15-05 09:14 PM

Must people put spoilers for next weeks episode as some people do not want to get, well, spoiled on whats coming up next (or in this case a month). But whatever

"PROMO SPOILERS:
If you're going to discuss official information about an upcoming episode (ie. stuff shown in the "next week on..." segment, or print/broadcast advertisement/teasers) please make sure that you either use spoiler tags or start a thread with some kind of warning in the thread title"

SexualPudding 12-15-05 10:24 PM

Jesus, could they overplay the whole "trailer trash" angle with Julie any more? Sitting there watching friggin' Nascar, eating what looked to be a can of beans, and even dipping some Skoal. We get it, show producers, ok? We really do.

Gizmo 12-15-05 10:28 PM

Pudding, yeah, I hear you. I was laughing my ass off that she was watching Nascar.

Gizmo 12-15-05 10:36 PM

Holy crap! I know everyone saw Julie Coopers red thong strap...lets get some screencaps!

Patman 12-15-05 11:09 PM

I was laughing at Julie dipping skoal.

"Cooper Scooper" - please retire that one!

Ovid 12-15-05 11:36 PM

I'm with Johnny. I mean, there is obviously no other choice but to knock off a mini-mart in order to obtain .05%, at best, of his surgery cost with absolutely no concealment of his identity and a bum leg while acting suspicious and driving his own car. I mean...what possibly other alternative is there!!

movielib 12-15-05 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ovid
I'm with Johnny. I mean, there is obviously no other choice but to knock off a mini-mart in order to obtain .05%, at best, of his surgery cost with absolutely no concealment of his identity and a bum leg while acting suspicious and driving his own car. I mean...what possibly other alternative is there!!

I said to my wife: "I suppose he is thinking of committing suicide with that gun. I mean, he's not going to rob a convenience store."

Yeah, not only was that about the stupidest thing he could do but I also don't think it's in Johnny's character.

Lately The OC has been having characters do ridiculous things just to get to a situation they want (e.g. Marissa being treated like a pariah instead of a hero for saving Ryan's life so they can send her to public school). Very lazy writing for a show that was once one of the best written on TV.

Nick Martin 12-16-05 12:13 AM

Considering these O.C. threads are only filled with negative comments, I wonder why any of you are still watching it.

Patman 12-16-05 12:23 AM

Because the only other show broadcasting new episodes was Joey. :D

SexualPudding 12-16-05 12:46 AM

Because there's nothing else on?

Because we're gluttons for punishment?

Because a lot of us once really liked the show, and hope to see it somehow return to what made it great in the first place?

Because Summer is cute?

Because I want to see how laughably bad and outlandish it can really become?

Because Reunion is the show I really like, but am too lazy to pick up the remote and switch the channel to Fox at 9 so I just do it an hour early?

Just kidding about that last one.

Ovid 12-16-05 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Considering these O.C. threads are only filled with negative comments, I wonder why any of you are still watching it.

Because if it was a bad show all the way through, why the hell would we have watched it?!!!

Edited to add the emphisis to 'all'. However, is it a mystery that the shows that are completely bad...don't have threads every week they air?

superdeluxe 12-16-05 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin

Sometimes people just like to complain..*shrug* or maybe they are hoping beyond hope that the show turns around.

Spoiler:
I notice they bring back marissa's sister, she was a little toddler..now she is all grown up hah.

I can see Coop's mom and summer's dad hookin gup. Summer and marissa would be sisters.

rayw69 12-16-05 02:20 AM

I thought the "Donna Martin Graduates" T-Shirt was a great shout-out to the next new episode.

B.A. 12-16-05 06:55 AM

Sandy, Seth and Summer were in top form throughout as they spread the holiday cheer.

Johnny should have thrown the gun off a cliff and then jumped after it. That may have been one of the worst moments on the show.

Julie's tribute to My Name Is Earl was pretty amusing. I loved the fact that she was dipping Skoal - then offering it to Kirsten sealed the deal. rotfl

Red Dog 12-16-05 08:52 AM

Good god, Johnny's story is so fucking lame.

The best part of the episode was Julie as trailer trash.

I was going to dump this show after X-masukkah, but
Spoiler:
the jailbait vixen could prove interesting. That's the problem with this show - all the characters are good, even Julie.

boogieman03 12-16-05 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Good god, Johnny's story is so fucking lame.

No shit man. That was the worst idea I've ever seen. These writers are bad.

Otherwise, this episode was ok. Funny seeing Julie watching Nascar, and dipping.

Patman 12-16-05 09:15 AM

We need a poll: Johnny or Oliver: who's lamer?

Gizmo 12-16-05 09:21 AM

Johnny by far

B.A. 12-16-05 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Johnny by far

Most definitely.