DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dancing with the Stars - season 2 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/448677-dancing-stars-season-2-a.html)

Patman 12-13-05 01:33 PM

Dancing with the Stars - season 2

Check out the list of stars for the upcoming season in January of Dancing with the Stars:

TIA CARRERE – Television and movie star known for her stunning beauty. She will be partnered with professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

GISELLE FERNANDEZ – Emmy Award-winning journalist. She will be partnered with professional dancer Jonathan Roberts, who returns to the series from last season.

GEORGE HAMILTON – Actor and international bon vivant. He will be partnered with professional dancer Edyta Sliwinska, who makes her second appearance in the series.

STACY KEIBLER – WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) diva. She will be partnered with professional dancer Tony Dovolani.

DREW LACHEY – Recording artist and former member of the pop group 98 Degrees. He will be partnered with professional dancer Cheryl Burke.

KENNY MAYNE – One of ESPN's most-recognized personalities, known for his dry wit and a former college quarterback. He will be partnered with professional dancer Andrea Hale.

TATUM O'NEAL – Academy Award-winning actress. She will be partnered with professional dancer Nick Kosovich.

JERRY RICE – Three-time Super Bowl champ and considered by many to be the greatest wide receiver to ever play in the NFL. He will be partnered with professional dancer Anna Trebunskaya.

LISA RINNA – Actress, entrepreneur and host of SOAPnet's "Soap Talk." She will be partnered with professional dancer Louis van Amstel, who returns to the series from last season.

ROMEO – Teen rap star and performer since age eleven. He will be partnered with professional dancer Ashly Delgrosso, who also returns to the series from last season.

GuessWho 12-13-05 01:38 PM

Stacy Keibler was a professional dancer & cheerleader for years before joining WWE. She should be good.

nightwing82 12-13-05 01:53 PM

TIA CARRERE , schwing!

Patman 12-13-05 02:46 PM

Kenny Mayne and Jerry Rice piqued my interest (can you imagine Mayne trying to deadpan some dance moves?), but then toss in Keibler and Carrere into the mix, I got more interest.

Red Dog 12-13-05 02:48 PM

I might tune in just to check out Tia Carrere and Stacy Keibler in hot outfits.

Goldberg74 12-13-05 03:05 PM

10 couples this time around.

Cool. :up:

I thought the last season was way too short. Any start date?

GuessWho 12-13-05 03:12 PM

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/tou.../29062/1753224

WWE.com: How did you get cast for the show? Did they come to you or did you go to them?
Stacy Keibler: I was actually talking to my mom one day when I went home to Baltimore, and she was asking me if she had seen the show. I hadn’t at that point. I had just seen half of an episode. She said I should see if I could do that, and I thought maybe I should. So, I called my publicist and asked if they were doing another season of Dancing With the Stars. She said they were, so I asked her to send my information to ABC.

We then went back and forth with the people from ABC, and I had to go to ABC and meet with the producers and the people with casting and all kinds of meetings. Then we were just kind of holding our breath and waiting. I’m just soooo excited.

WWE.com: What was it like to finally get that call after so much waiting?
Stacy Keibler: They said we should know next week, and then they would say we should know next week, and then another week. It went on for two months. Every week we were supposed to find out, but we didn’t. Then I went to a casting meeting on a Friday and they said they’d know by the end of the day, and then Friday came and went. So, it was such great news when I found out. I just wanted to know either way. So, when I heard the news I was screaming and jumping up and down and me and my roommate were dancing around the room. It was so much fun. I called everyone. All of my friends and family had been asking me if I heard so I called them all and let them know. It’s so exciting because I think it’s going to be so much fun. It’s going to be not only fun for me, but also for everyone who will get to watch and be a part of it.

WWE.com: Tell us a little bit about your dancing background.
Stacy Keibler: I started dancing when I was young, and I was a dancer my whole life until I got to high school and got into cheerleading. When I was dancing I would dance three times a week and compete on the weekends, and all I did was dance. I would tell my parents that I didn’t want to dance and wanted to play other sports like soccer. My mom always said “no, you’re going to break your legs, you have to keep dancing.” I always complained about it, and now my mom is like, “Oh, so now see where dancing has gotten you.” I also won a dance competition to become a Nitro Girl for WCW. And now who knows what will happen because I’ll be in a dance competition on national television. So, I have to thank my parents for pushing me into dancing when I was growing up. I’m not only going to do this for myself, but I want to do this for every WWE fan out there.

WWE.com: How do you think this will compare to being on SmackDown every week?
Stacy Keibler: I think this will be a nice addition to things. We’re trying to figure out how my scheduling is going to work. Because this is a competition I’m going to be practicing five to six days a week every week and the competition doesn’t’ start until Jan. 5. So, I have to learn everything I can soon. We’re going to try and work it out so I can do this and still be on SmackDown, but hopefully the fans will understand and will know what’s going on. And if nothing else, hopefully WWE can come watch me practice and show the fans on SmackDown.

WWE.com: Who was your favorite celebrity on the first show?
Stacy Keibler: I really loved John O’Hurley. I just loved him. I thought his personality was so cute and he tried so hard. When I was watching the show with my roommate, we couldn’t’ turn it off. We were just so entertained by it. It sounds cheesy before you see it, but when you see it, you’re really drawn in.

WWE.com: Kelly Monaco’s wardrobe malfunction made big news in the first season. Some even say it may have been done on purpose. Would Stacy Keibler do whatever it takes to win?
Stacy Keibler: I won’t be having any planned wardrobe malfunctions. That’s for sure.

WWE.com: With your dancing background, do you think you’ll have a leg up on the competition?
Stacy Keibler: I think that because I have rhythm and because I know choreography that it will help me. But I’ve never done any kind of ballroom dancing. I’ve always wanted too, but I’ve never done any kind of partner dancing. It will be a complete learning experience for me. Being a dancer will help, but I won’t be able to go in there and know exactly what I’m doing. I’m going to have to learn everything like everyone else.

WWE.com: If you had to pick a dance partner from WWE who would it be?
Stacy Keibler: I’d say Ric Flair. No matter what we’d be doing we’d be laughing and having a good time.

Dancing With the Stars premieres on Thursday, Jan. 5 on ABC with a two-hour special at 8/7 p.m.

kenage 12-13-05 05:36 PM

What was the wardrobe malfunction from Monaco's season?

Goldberg74 12-13-05 05:46 PM

A strap on her top broke, and she made it through the routine without giving us a "show".

Here's the Season One thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425148

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Co...3p.hmedium.jpg

kenage 12-13-05 06:05 PM

Well what good is that "malfunction." They should have made it like Janet Jackson if they wanted more viewers. Not like many red blooded males have not seen Ms. Monaco all natural.

Red Dog 01-05-06 02:01 PM

Anybody know if they air this in HD? My guess is no.

boredsilly 01-05-06 02:03 PM

I hate that I have to record this show. Stacy is just too hot to not watch.

raven56706 01-05-06 02:10 PM

Stacy...:drool:

Giselle :drool:

Mok 01-05-06 07:01 PM

Rats no HD this stinks, but Stacy is hot!

Patman 01-05-06 07:30 PM

I couldn't stop laughing at Kenny Mayne's dance number. That was hilarious live TV.

Goldberg74 01-05-06 09:04 PM

Master P's pitch-hitting for his son (Romeo) who dropped out due a b-ball injury. By Mr. P. :wave:

:up: to Kenny Mayne for trying...

Drew was good as was Giselle and Stacey.

Patman 01-05-06 09:07 PM

There are probably 4 pairs that could be cut, and I wouldn't miss them, but ABC is going to milk this for the extra month.

Master P and Ashley have a tough row to hoe if they are to stick around (but you never know how the phone/internet vote is going to go...)

Keibler had some incredible leg lines, made use her those long legs very well.

I hadn't heard about Carrere being preggers, and working off the weight during this competition.

HE Pennypacker 01-05-06 09:29 PM

Damn it, why has Ashley been paired with that dolt? She is the hottest of the professional dancers, I'd hate to see her go so early. She's the reason I was pulling for Joey last season.

Patman 01-05-06 09:56 PM

Master P's son, Romeo, suffered an injury playing basketball, and Master P stepped in with just a week of training (other pairs had about 6 weeks to train/practice). Ashley just got really unlucky. But don't underestimate the gangsta vote!

DRG 01-05-06 11:03 PM

As hard as it probably was to fill in at the last minute, it still didn't really seem like Master P put any effort into that performance.Maybe she just designed a routine that didn't give him anything to do, but it was still awful. Considering his hip hop background I expected at least SOME semblance in rhythm, but it just looked like he *walked* to his spot, stood there like a statue while Ashley twirled around, and waited for his cue to spin her or whatever.

bigsoos 01-05-06 11:05 PM

Stacy is looking hawt hawt :drool:

bluesix 01-06-06 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mok
Rats no HD this stinks, but Stacy is hot!

actually, my Comcast feed is giving me what appears to be hi-def but as I recall ABC doesn't do the same hi-def as NBC and CBS. I think ABC's shows are only 720p as opposed to the 1024?

still looks better than the old low-res stuff tho...

Red Dog 01-06-06 09:04 AM

Jesus - the woman who danced with Master P would have done better with a mannequin. I don't care if he had only a week to prepare - no effort whatsoever. Plus lose the baseball cap. -ohbfrank-

Kenny Mayne was hilarious. That's the difference - he sucked but at least he tried.

Stacy looked gorgeous. Those legs. :drool:

Lisa Rinna has a kickin' body especially for a 42-year-old, but the face/makeup is scary. I had forgotten she was married to Harry Hamlin.

TimeandTide 01-06-06 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
I couldn't stop laughing at Kenny Mayne's dance number. That was hilarious live TV.

Funnier still was his rant on how the judges didn't get the "interpretation" (something about walking through the woods and TANKS). Hilarious.

I had forgotten she was married to Harry Hamlin.
Ditto.

Giselle :drool:
DITTO. Giselle, Stacy and, believe it or not, the Lachey kid impressed me the most.

B.A. 01-06-06 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Kenny Mayne was hilarious. That's the difference - he sucked but at least he tried.

Stacy looked gorgeous. Those legs. :drool:

Lisa Rinna has a kickin' body especially for a 42-year-old, but the face/makeup is scary. I had forgotten she was married to Harry Hamlin.

My wife was watching it and I had to stop what I was doing to watch Kenny. He wasn't make an ass out of himself - he was making an ass out of the show. Damn, he's funny. He knew exactly what he was doing the whole time.

Stacy looked awesome. Those legs, that stomach. Nice.

Lisa Rinna's face has always scared me.