DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Nip/Tuck - "Joy Kringle" - 12/13/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/448652-nip-tuck-joy-kringle-12-13-05-a.html)

MrX 12-13-05 10:18 AM

Nip/Tuck - "Joy Kringle" - 12/13/05

"Joy Kringle"
Spoiler:
A shopping mall Mrs. Claus comes in for liposuction before the holidays; Julia must make a very important decision; Ariel asks Matt to help her alter her appearance.

Red Dog 12-13-05 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
"Joy Kringle"
Spoiler:
Ariel asks Matt to help her alter her appearance.

This should prove interesting.

Ranger 12-13-05 10:35 AM

Makes me wonder if Ariel was actually serious about asking Christian (or was it Sean?) to make her black.

Tom Banjo 12-13-05 09:03 PM

Holy crap, Mr. Kringle is Lt. Harris from the Police Academy movies.

TheNightFlier 12-13-05 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Holy crap, Mr. Kringle is Lt. Harris from the Police Academy movies.

I hardly recognized him with the beard and the voice didn't sound like him to me at all.

Captain Harris as Santa Claus, never thought I'd see that.

kelso 12-13-05 10:05 PM

the preview pretty muched changed everything

Tom Banjo 12-13-05 10:06 PM

Yep. I have to re-think my guess on the Carver's identity now. Or if not, become a big proponent of the Fight Club theory.

dadaluholla 12-13-05 10:08 PM

good lord. Any thoughts I had on tonight's episode were just erased by that massive preview. I CAN'T WAIT! It looks insane.

Tonight was pretty good though.
:)

Jimmy James 12-13-05 10:15 PM

I think the Carver has to be
Spoiler:
*****Quenti***********
. We didn't see him in next week's preview, after all.
Spoiler:
Most of all, I think the massive attack spree lessens the chance that the shock value comes in who the Carver is -- I think it is going to come in what he does.

Tom Banjo 12-13-05 10:18 PM

He was in next week's preview for a second, but I can't remember what he said now.

kelso 12-13-05 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Spoiler:
*****Quenti***********
Spoiler:
Most of all, I think the massive attack spree lessens the chance that the shock value comes in who the Carver is -- I think it is going to come in what he does.

Spoiler:
The guy tied to the bed looked like Quentin, anyone agree?

Jimmy James 12-13-05 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by kelso
Spoiler:
The guy tied to the bed looked like Quentin, anyone agree?

I totally missed that part, so I can't say either way.

Ranger 12-13-05 10:29 PM

The woman holding the dead fetus was the most creepiest part of the show. Anyone agree?

Clyde099 12-13-05 10:33 PM

I missed tonight's episode...my cable is not working properly :: weeps ::

Does anyone know where I can get this episode online, or if someone can send it to me via messenger or something...I'm desperate!!

In reference to Quentin...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler:
Yes, he is shown in next weeks previews being a carver victim. Here's a promo picture of him being carved... http://www.fxnetworks.com/press/show...review/217.jpg

Jimmy James 12-13-05 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger
The woman holding the dead fetus was the most creepiest part of the show. Anyone agree?

I agree, but I the abortion clinic was creepy to me because I was confident we'd be seeing the Carver at episode's end.

Ranger 12-13-05 10:49 PM

watching the repeat now. when matt says this shrink was recommended by his grandmother, does this mean that the vampire is alive?

kelso 12-13-05 10:53 PM

watching the repeat now. when matt says this shrink was recommended by his grandmother, does this mean that the vampire is alive?

you didn't see the end of last week's episode?

Ranger 12-13-05 10:56 PM

There was some debate whether that part realy happened. Like a vision.

Jimmy James 12-13-05 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Clyde099
In reference to Quentin...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler:
Yes, he is shown in next weeks previews being a carver victim. Here's a promo picture of him being carved... http://www.fxnetworks.com/press/show...review/217.jpg

Many thanks for this part in particular. I see now why I didn't see him -- I was fixated on the text.

As to the episode, it airs all through the week. If you have access to FX, you should be able to get it no problem.

MrX 12-13-05 11:18 PM

There's a flash on the screen when that part comes up so you can't really tell it's him even if you're looking at him during the preview.

Pretty good episode.

Unless I missed it are we to assume the baby is Seans?

Jimmy James 12-13-05 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
Unless I missed it are we to assume the baby is Seans?

Julia and Sean indicate as much just before she goes in for the abortion (before she comes right back out).

riley_dude 12-13-05 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Spoiler:
*****Quenti***********
Spoiler:

He was shown on the bed tied up.
I'm hoping Ariel turns on Matt and he finally ends up paying for his hit and run from season 1.

Tom Banjo 12-14-05 12:16 AM

I think it's all still debatable. At one point Sean said to Julia "...considering all you've been through lately." I took that to mean that maybe is really is dead.

critterdvd 12-14-05 12:58 AM

I think Julia's mother is still alive... I doesn't really flow with teh series to have a "vision" like that without something to present that it is a vision...

On the debat of who the carver is... I'm still sticking with my original suspect - "matt"... but the preview does make you curious about "liz"... i just don't want it to be her cause I like that character too much.

SexualPudding 12-14-05 01:27 AM

I am now leaning towards a no on Liz, due to
Spoiler:
the scene in the preview showing her being questioned by the cops. It may not necessarily mean anything, but I have a hunch they wouldn't be showing that if she is the one.

My new pick:
Spoiler:
Gina