DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Panama, Exile Island (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/448554-survivor-panama-exile-island.html)

apchrist 12-12-05 02:43 PM

Survivor: Panama, Exile Island

I think a cool twist would be to have the two tribes of 8 and instead of having the immunity challenge where the winning tribe vote a personoff the island, have them sent to the exile island. once the exile island reaches 8 people then those people vote each other out like in a regular survivor.

So what do you think the twist is this time?

Groucho 12-12-05 03:00 PM

Seems like they're trying to cash in on the whole King Kong thing with that giant skull on exile island. Maybe the entire cast will be gorillas.

potvin48 12-12-05 03:07 PM

Maybe they'll do it so that the other tribes never see each other. Until the final 4 maybe, when there's 2 people left on each team. Challenges would all be time based, and one team would do the challenge, and be taken away while the other team does it. Then the loser would be notified somehow, and have to vote someone out.

Another idea that might be fun to try is to let the winning team cast the votes to determine who leaves the losing tribe...

mrpayroll 12-12-05 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by potvin48
Maybe they'll do it so that the other tribes never see each other. Until the final 4 maybe, when there's 2 people left on each team. Challenges would all be time based, and one team would do the challenge, and be taken away while the other team does it. Then the loser would be notified somehow, and have to vote someone out.

Another idea that might be fun to try is to let the winning team cast the votes to determine who leaves the losing tribe...

But half the fun of the challenges is the interplay between the 2 teams. Need I mention Bobby Jon & Jaime? ;)

Chris

Josh-da-man 12-12-05 07:00 PM

I think the twist this season should be that they only use physically fit, reasonably intelligent people exclusively.

None of these beauty queens, middle-aged slackasses, or feeble senior citizens.

I want to see a goddamned competition.

Eric D. 12-12-05 07:02 PM

I think it would be great if there were no "teams" to begin with. Every challenge would be individual, thus changing the stratgey of the game for everyone who thought that they had it all worked out before going in.

Goldberg74 12-12-05 07:47 PM

To stick within the 15 week format, they'll have to do something that adhere's to the "one out a week" principle.

It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Cusm 12-12-05 08:57 PM

I always thought it would be good to do one tribe and stay with a reward and immunity challenge. Except the reward winner would be exempt from the immunity challenge with the looser of the challenge being the one to leave. But this would take away tribal council plotting.

Patman 12-12-05 09:09 PM

If they started with 16 contestants, I also thought having no division into 2 tribes at the beginning, and just see how the cliques form and go from there. Do this for the first 4 individual immunity challenges. Then after 4 contestants are booted, separate the remaining 12 into 2 tribes of 6 via luck of the draw, and then have tribal immunity for 4 more eliminations, and then merge at 8 contestants remaining.

If they started with 18 contestants, do individual immunity for 4 challenges, split into 2 tribes and eliminate the next 4, and then merge with 10 contestants left.

Unfortunately, they are going to Janu people in this edition of Survivor on a regular basis, so no telling how exile will work in terms the unlucky person. I could see Janu-ing the first person out of a challenge. That would be incentive not to slide under the radar by playing the weakest contestant.

Bludvls33 12-12-05 09:59 PM

Dont forget how they allowed contestants to form a "third" tribe on the one season, and allowed two of them to return. Maybe each exiled person is exempt from being voted off that day, or maybe all the exiles can form a tribe. They have so many options. I still think that they may begin with one large tribe and individual immunity at first, then split into two tribes, and then remerge later.

DRG 12-12-05 10:07 PM

My guess is that each week's voted-out player gets to exile someone of their choice on the way out.

the_dude8 12-12-05 10:25 PM

Have they start filming survivor 12 already?

Patman 12-12-05 10:45 PM

Filming's pretty much done on season 12.

Eric D. 12-12-05 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
My guess is that each week's voted-out player gets to exile someone of their choice on the way out.

That sounds like something that they might actually do.

apchrist 12-12-05 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by the_dude8
Have they start filming survivor 12 already?

They've finished the filming and are in the process of cast 13 now I believe.

apchrist 12-12-05 11:27 PM

Spoiler:

Jeff Probst on KCBS News
"The next Survivor has a great twist. We have an island called Exile Island, and the idea was: every week we're going to send one survivor on their own to exile. So, not only will you have to be on this island having to deal with the rain, and the bugs, and no food, you're away from camp, which is where the game is played. And the flipside is...is that somewhere hidden out there is hidden immunity idol. So while you're out there trying to endure the conditions, you're digging around trying to find this thing. And it turned out to be a great twist."
"This next season is really likeable group [in contrast to Guatemala's feistier group] and the whole notion of Exile Island puts some people in peril. It's a tough...it's tough when you get sent to this island, it's hard."

Daniel-A 12-13-05 01:00 AM

I knew there had to be something like
Spoiler:
another immunity idol on the island after the little hint about something hiding on it.

Is this showing in the Spring half of the season?

Goldberg74 12-13-05 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Is this showing in the Spring half of the season?

Starts after the Superbowl and ends in mid-May... if they follow last season's model.

Patman 12-13-05 07:10 AM

Of course. They'll end it in May during sweeps, so count back about 12-13 weeks to get to the start (either late February or early March).

apchrist 12-13-05 11:44 AM

It starts the first thursday of March just after the Olympics I Believe.

Daniel-A 12-13-05 11:58 AM

Ok, I'll live with that. Would have been a bit miffed if they weren't playing it in the second half of the season.

aktick 12-13-05 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by apchrist
It starts the first thursday of March just after the Olympics I Believe.

The Olympics are on CBS? Or do they just not want to compete?

Red Dog 12-13-05 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
The Olympics are on CBS? Or are do they just not want to compete?

Not want to compete. They are holding the next season of TAR until March for the same reason.

I like the break for many of these shows myself. It will give me an opportunity to watch a lot of the Olympics and college hoops without having to catch up on DVR recordings.

B.A. 12-13-05 12:47 PM

Wow, this location doesn't suck one bit.

:rolleyes:

Daniel-A 12-13-05 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by B.A.
Wow, this location doesn't suck one bit.

:rolleyes:

Wouldn't be surprised if the contestants get kidnapped and held for ransom. I like the exile island bit, though. Looks like it can be rather interesting.