DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Is it just me who thinks ONE TREE HILL S3 is better than The OC S3 ? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/448361-just-me-who-thinks-one-tree-hill-s3-better-than-oc-s3.html)

Original Desmond 12-10-05 05:20 PM

Is it just me who thinks ONE TREE HILL S3 is better than The OC S3 ?

I've recently caught up with One Tree Hill on DVD. for One Tree Hill, S2 was better than S1 and S3 is just awesome so far!

The OC has steadily gone downhill to the stage where i reckon One Tree Hill is better. There is no doubt that the OC S1 spat on OTH S1 but now i reckon the tables have turned.

What do you think ?

bigjim25 12-10-05 05:41 PM

I love One Tree Hill. Coach Whitey :rock2:! I also love the chemistry between Dan and Deb. rotfl
I do like The OC also but some of their stories are like :horse:. Same thing over and over.

Original Desmond 12-10-05 06:59 PM

Deb has a smokin hot body ! Mouth is a cool character too, i actually quite liked Felix

But the new girl Rachel is awesome ! in more ways than one :)

Doughboy 12-11-05 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
I've recently caught up with One Tree Hill on DVD. for One Tree Hill, S2 was better than S1 and S3 is just awesome so far!

The OC has steadily gone downhill to the stage where i reckon One Tree Hill is better. There is no doubt that the OC S1 spat on OTH S1 but now i reckon the tables have turned.

What do you think ?

I would strongly disagree with the idea that OTH Season 2 was better than 1. Season 2 sucked. None of the new characters were interesting, and they were all piss poor actors, especially Felix and Anna. Also there was virtually no basketball which was the driving force behind the show's plot.

That being said, Season 3 is an improvement over 2. Rachel isn't much in the acting department, but she's got it going on everywhere else. Plus she actually spiced up the show whereas last year's new additions ruined nearly every scene they were in. That Bevin chick ain't too bad either. And thankfully, basketball(along with Whitey) is back.(Plus on a side note, the offscreen breakup of Chad and Sophia adds some intrigue to their current onscreen romance.)

As for The O.C., Season 2 had a bunch of storylines, but most of them were brief and meaningless, and the rest were downright painful. Season 3 hasn't been as brutal to watch as 2, but the big problem is that NOTHING is happening. This was one of the wittiest shows on TV just 2 years ago. Now it's one of the dullest.

So I guess in conclusion, One Tree Hill is currently better than The O.C. The latter did have a much better first season though. Overall, I'd say they're even at the moment, but OTH's future is looking a lot brighter(which ain't saying much).

meritocracy 12-11-05 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
I would strongly disagree with the idea that OTH Season 2 was better than 1. Season 2 sucked. None of the new characters were interesting, and they were all piss poor actors, especially Felix and Anna. Also there was virtually no basketball which was the driving force behind the show's plot.

:thumbsup:

garmonbozia 12-11-05 11:17 PM

my opinions:

OTH season 1 was better than season 2.

I liked the first season of OC, but season 2 was for the most part, just terrible. I quit watching the show after the first episode of this third season, so cannot compare OTH to OCs3, but any season of OTH is defintely much better than season 2 of OC.

SexualPudding 12-12-05 01:13 AM

I am still in disbelief that someone actually liked Felix. The character sucked. The "actor" sucked. He was hands down the worst, most unlikeable character on any show that I have liked in a long, long time, IMO. His sister Anna wasn't much better, either. Just a gnat's ass above them (i.e. still horrible) were the OC's season 2 additions, Zach and Lindsey. Blech.

clsmooth71 12-12-05 02:47 AM

storylines are a little more unique on OTH than OC, but the look of OTH is still very generic.

Daniel-A 12-12-05 03:33 AM

The only season of the OC better than One Tree Hill is season 1.

Season 2 OTH>OC the end of the OTH season (after Felix and Anna left, and just as Haley started to come back in as a regular) made it win out. Everything having to do with Trey on the OC was like a boring a hole in my head.

Season 3 so far OTH>OC Rachel and Skills with his new girl are way better than Johnny, 7of9, Taylor, the Dean, and pretty much everything about the OC this season.

Ayre 12-12-05 07:53 AM

Season 1 OTH > Season 2 OTH
Season 3 OTH > Season 2 OTH

What is this OC you people speak of?

Is it some kind of softdrink?

nny 12-12-05 01:55 PM

I loved season 2 of OTH. It's definitely my favorite season, but I might not have got as much out of season 1 as some of you because I came in a little late. Season 2 added some comedy which really helped the show and I loved some of the twists. They also had some really great music on season 2 and just about perfected the ending musical montage. Some of the endings to this show you can watch over and over again and take in multiple things.

Season 3 has been a little of a letdown after last season, but I still like it more than OC. I definitely liked OC s1 better than OTH s1, but I really want to watch both of those seasons again to see if that's still true.

Red Dog 12-12-05 01:59 PM

It's not just you.

OTH is funnier now. It has better story-arcs for both the teens and adults. The charcters are interesting. Most importantly, the chicks are way hotter. Not to mention, S3 is returning to one element that made S1 much more interesting than S2: hoops!

I must have watched the S1 DVD of OTH in about a week this summer and then I watched the S2 DVD quickly in September before S3 premiered.

I can barely watch The O.C. anymore. OTH is my favorite guilty pleasure, and there aren't many shows that I look forward to as much as OTH each week.

boogieman03 12-12-05 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
It's not just you.

OTH is funnier now. It has better story-arcs for both the teens and adults. The charcters are interesting. Most importantly, the chicks are way hotter. Not to mention, S3 is returning to one element that made S1 much more interesting than S2: hoops!

I must have watched the S1 DVD of OTH in about a week this summer and then I watched the S2 DVD quickly in September before S3 premiered.

I can barely watch The O.C. anymore. OTH is my favorite guilty pleasure, and there aren't many shows that I look forward to as much as OTH each week.

Word. :rock2:

Red Dog 12-13-05 08:56 AM

I think I'll be dumping The O.C. after this week's Chrismukkah episode. Another blah episode last week.

Doughboy 12-13-05 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I think I'll be dumping The O.C. after this week's Chrismukkah episode. Another blah episode last week.

If even the Chrismukkah episode sucks, then the show has officially lost it. Even Season 2 had a decent Chrismukkah episode.

Cancer Man 12-13-05 11:22 AM

I find The OC pretty pointless and lifeless this year, despite the fact that Season Three was somewhat better than the turgid Season Two.

Like Boston Public, another FOX series, I never seen a once promising series go downhill so quickly in a relatively short space of time.