DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Fox cancels Kitchen Confidential; no more episodes will air. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/448274-fox-cancels-kitchen-confidential%3B-no-more-episodes-will-air.html)

Quake1028 12-09-05 04:45 PM

Fox cancels Kitchen Confidential; no more episodes will air.

Fucking assholes.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=7045

aktick 12-09-05 04:48 PM

No use even whining about it, just refer to every other cancelled Fox show thread :rolleyes: :mad2: :johnwoo2: FOX

clckworang 12-09-05 04:52 PM

Although not entirely surprising, it is still upsetting to see this news. I really dug this show and will definitely buy it when/if it gets released on DVD.

Another thing that I find very strange about the news is that repeats of Arrested Development will be taking over the timeslot. And not Season 3 repeats, but Season 2 ones.

Shouldn't Fox maybe air current season repeats? Or maybe bump new ADs to the Kitchen Confidential timeslot and then run the repeats at the top of the hour or run repeats of a show that gets higher ratings at the top of the hour to maybe pull in some more viewers? I don't know, but I do find the decision a little bit strange.

Y2K Falcon 12-09-05 05:05 PM

Prior season out of context AD repeats? Just how badly do they want to be beaten by 7th Heaven. :lol:

I was actually quite surprised to see the most recent KC on my tivo. I thought it had already bitten the dust.

riley_dude 12-09-05 05:10 PM

I liked it from the beginning but it seemed to be getting the humor right even more so the last few episodes.
I'm going to miss Bradley Cooper too. Maybe he will come back to Alias for the finale now.

FOX sucks.

lisadoris 12-09-05 05:31 PM

Just when I was about to give FOX credit for at least showing the remaining episodes. Well it's FOX so what did I expect.

DRG 12-09-05 07:32 PM

Wow, pretty bad for KC when they bump new eps for repeats of a show that had been previously been bumped for repeats of yet another show.

maxpower 12-09-05 07:36 PM

They could at least burn them off during summer. What a waste.

Jimmy James 12-09-05 08:21 PM

For all the crying done over AD (a show I watch and like, don't get me wrong), this is the show Fox savagely wronged out of the pair. It's pathetic that they didn't even try to pair it up with something else or move it to a different time slot.

Matthew Chmiel 12-09-05 08:35 PM

Figures. I was slowly warming up to the show and FOX pulls it.

Damn FOX.

kornboy 12-09-05 08:36 PM

Yes! I hated that show.

LorenzoL 12-09-05 08:44 PM

That's too bad. I liked the show.

Jimmy James 12-09-05 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by kornboy
Yes! I hated that show.

Maybe now is the time for you to post up a list of shows you like so we can actively root against them.

LorenzoL 12-09-05 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Maybe now is the time for you to post up a list of shows you like so we can actively root against them.

:up:

j_sutton 12-09-05 09:05 PM

That's funny. This week's was the first one I saw, and I liked it. I know it's been said, but man I wish Fox would give these things a chance to pick up steam.

Brak55 12-09-05 10:43 PM

Fox must have been really jonesing for the seven people that were watching AD and not KC.

I hope the replacement for these shows, Skating with the Celebrities, has ratings akin to a Debbie Thomas Butt-Spin.

Cusm 12-09-05 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Brak55
I hope the replacement for these shows, Skating with the Celebrities, has ratings akin to a Debbie Thomas Butt-Spin.

It will probably come in 3rd overall on Monday, the carbon blobs love this kind of shite.

JTH182 12-10-05 02:32 AM

I do find it bizarre they would stick random Arresteds in the slot, but for all the shit FOX takes from, well, everyone (with good cause) let's give credit where credit is due. More Arrested is always a welcome sign.

Unless of course they're just doing it out of spite so they can say "see? We aired primetime reruns and it still stunk up the joint. THAT'S why we cancelled it!"

Or maybe that's just a conspiracy theory :p

Rogue588 12-10-05 04:14 AM

Sounds right to me.

Hubcap 12-10-05 10:24 AM

bah, Hopefully they will hold out on arrested development for us.

Green Smurf 12-10-05 10:44 AM

It's friggin Wonderfalls all over again.

Both shows I loved btw.

+Danny 12-10-05 07:15 PM

Wonderfalls was brilliant. I saw my first ep of KC last week and it was really amusing, so this makes me sad too. :(

Anyone know how the ratings were for AD and KC last week? I wonder if they improved over cancellation "threats" (for AD at least).

+Danny

fumanstan 12-10-05 07:43 PM

That's too bad, I've enjoyed Kitchen Confidential from the start. But it doesn't surprise me since they paired it with AD, which is a ratings black hole.

mikewendt 12-10-05 09:06 PM

I've laughed & enjoyed ALL 4 of the episodes... It's just a damn shame.

Jimmy James 12-10-05 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
That's too bad, I've enjoyed Kitchen Confidential from the start. But it doesn't surprise me since they paired it with AD, which is a ratings black hole.

You'd think they understood what they were doing. I think it's obvious they regretted greenlighting the show and just didn't care to do anything to help it. Sometimes, I wonder why networks put themselves in these situations. It only makes them look like crap when they can a show like this without doing anything to help it.