DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Joey "Joey and the High School Friend" 12-08-05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/448111-joey-joey-high-school-friend-12-08-05-a.html)

Chew 12-08-05 10:36 AM

Joey "Joey and the High School Friend" 12-08-05
 
http://www.nbc.com/photos/Primetime/Joey/2JOTeaN05.jpg

Spoiler:
Joey's best friend from high school, Jimmy (Adam Goldberg), comes to visit Joey after years of not having contact. He reveals a major surprise to Michael and Gina which throws their world out of balance.


I think I would've preferred the big guest-star in this episode play the part Friends fans would remember.

pinata242 12-08-05 11:16 AM


Originally Posted by Chew
I think I would've preferred the big guest-star in this episode play the part Friends fans would remember.

I don't watch Joey, but I knew about this guest star (and am a pretty big fan) which is why I popped in here. I don't think it would have made much sense to have him play the same role. They certainly weren't ever buddies. The most you could hope for was a "oh, yeah... hey..." passing on the street. Let me know when Chandler visits.

cineman 12-08-05 01:01 PM

Doesn't the Joey casting director pay attention???

Spoiler:
Adam Goldberg played Chandler's psycho roommate when Joey moved out on Friends. I know actors guest star on shows as different characters all the time, but his Friends appearance was so memorable.

Charlie Goose 12-08-05 01:14 PM

True, especially since Crazy Eddie was indeed memorable. It's not as if Goldberg is such a big name that it means much to the ratings, another actor could've easily been cast in this new role.

Chew 12-08-05 01:41 PM


Originally Posted by cineman
Doesn't the Joey casting director pay attention???

Take a look at these:

Jennifer Coolidge ("Bobbie" from Joey) played "Amanda Buffamonteezi" on Friends.
Peri Gilpin ("Roz" from Frasier) played "Holly Matheson" on Cheers.
John Mahoney ("Martin" from Frasier) played "Sy Flembeck" on Cheers.

The first two were in those show's final seasons and the third was the second to last.

nightwing82 12-08-05 02:41 PM

I dont know about Peri and Gilpin, but most people won't really remember Jennifer Coolidge on "Friends". (Even though I do).

However, casting Eddie!#)(@&$) WTF. That's it. I am giving up on this show. Eddie was in an entire storyline and string of episodes in "Friends". This just shows that the producers of this show have no idea how to make a show last or pay attention to its already built-in audience.

rfduncan 12-08-05 02:46 PM


Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
True, especially since Crazy Eddie was indeed memorable. It's not as if Goldberg is such a big name that it means much to the ratings, another actor could've easily been cast in this new role.

Well memorable indeed since he was in THREE whole episodes in season 2. That's an eighth of the season!

And you're right, Adam Goldberg is really not that big of a name - especially since Head Cases has already been cancelled.

Hubcap 12-08-05 02:50 PM

Joey was announced that it was cancelled hasnt it?

raven56706 12-08-05 02:50 PM

Joey didnt get the message

Morf 12-08-05 02:57 PM


Originally Posted by Hubcap
Joey was announced that it was cancelled hasnt it?

Nope. Just on hiatus until March after this next episode, I believe.

riley_dude 12-08-05 03:43 PM

And being placed on Hiatus is not a good sign considering they thought Joey would anchor the night when it premiered.

Charlie Goose 12-08-05 04:14 PM


Originally Posted by raven56706
Joey didnt get the message

"Okay, see you Monday. We're not even shooting them anymore?!?"

DRG 12-08-05 05:00 PM


Originally Posted by riley_dude
And being placed on Hiatus is not a good sign considering they thought Joey would anchor the night when it premiered.

And especially since it is going on hiatus while NBC relaunches its two hour lineup of comedies on its usual night. As much as it doesn't hold a candle IMO to stuff like My Name is Earl and the Office, I still think it's worlds better than Will & Grace, which *is* part of the new lineup.

zebop 12-09-05 01:36 AM

Looks like "Joey" is going to leave Thursdays huh. Oh my--nah, I don't care...

I hope they aren't trying to say that the character Adam Goldberg played is Michael's father if so, that's pitiful...

invisiblegt 12-09-05 01:44 AM


Originally Posted by zebop
Looks like "Joey" is going to leave Thursdays huh. Oh my--nah, I don't care...

I hope they aren't trying to say that the character Adam Goldberg played is Michael's father if so, that's pitiful...

I'm fairly certain from all the "He's your father" and "No, really... he's your father" talk that yes...

They're making him out to be the father.

Chew 12-09-05 07:14 AM

"chocolate milk" :lol:

JTH182 12-09-05 07:14 AM

See ya pals!

Brain Stew 12-09-05 07:18 AM


Originally Posted by DRG
And especially since it is going on hiatus while NBC relaunches its two hour lineup of comedies on its usual night. As much as it doesn't hold a candle IMO to stuff like My Name is Earl and the Office, I still think it's worlds better than Will & Grace, which *is* part of the new lineup.

It's a lot harder to completely lose an audience than it is to really build up an entirely new one.

Charlie Goose 12-09-05 09:28 AM

I thought it was funny how Joey seemed high to the crew guys, when he was just being himself.

rfduncan 12-09-05 11:39 AM


Originally Posted by DRG
As much as it doesn't hold a candle IMO to stuff like My Name is Earl and the Office, I still think it's worlds better than Will & Grace, which *is* part of the new lineup.

Not for long as this is the final season for Will & Grace.

Snowmaker 12-09-05 11:42 AM

Damn, I somehow forgot Joey would be on last night.

RobCA 12-09-05 11:49 AM

What's pitiful about Adam Goldberg's character turning out to be Michael's father? Helps explain why they cast him, there's a definite resemblance.

Best line of the episode goes to Alex: "My sexuality is not a toy!" rotfl

Rob

zebop 12-09-05 12:51 PM


Originally Posted by RobCA
What's pitiful about Adam Goldberg's character turning out to be Michael's father? Helps explain why they cast him, there's a definite resemblance...


Rob

I think it's because Constanzo is only 8 years younger than Goldberg and "Michael" is 5 years younger than his "mom." I don't know, I think it's odd...

cdoug57 12-09-05 05:07 PM

Only "Joey" thing about this episode was the chocolate milk stuff. Good laughs with that gag.

RichardW 12-22-05 12:17 AM


Originally Posted by RobCA
Best line of the episode goes to Alex: "My sexuality is not a toy!" rotfl

Finally got around to watching this episode on the DVR. Damn, she looked fine!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.