DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Guatemala - 12/08/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/448110-survivor-guatemala-12-08-05-a.html)

auto 12-08-05 09:28 AM

Survivor: Guatemala - 12/08/05

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...geQuality=Full
Preview:
Spoiler:
Feeling deceived after a tribemate's ousting, one Survivor confronts the Tribe.

After a big win, one Survivor has a big decision: try and break the "car curse" or risk it all to drive away with a new car.

One Survivor's car decision creates a rift at camp. Will this affect who goes home next?

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 12-08-05 09:32 AM

go home fishmonger

Groucho 12-08-05 09:33 AM

Per the previews:
Spoiler:
The winner of the car challenge has a choice between taking the car for themself, or giving a car to the other four contestants.

Based on auto's summary, it seems the outcome of that is:
Spoiler:
The winner takes the car for his or herself.

I voted for Danni. Either her or Lynda are the next to go.

dadaluholla 12-08-05 09:37 AM

They NEED to get rid of Rafe, the way he keeps winning stuff.

But I voted for Steph. She is the only one left i seriously DO NOT want to win.

Cusm 12-08-05 10:08 AM

I voted Cindy based on last week's TC.
Spoiler:
and the the fact that she is pissed about not being told about Judd

Spoiler:
Who would not take the car themselves? Maybe if it was one of those crappy Aztecs they gave out several years ago I would.

Go Danni!! Go Cindy's rack!! Please go home StephaME.

Fanboy 12-08-05 10:13 AM

I think tonight is the night that Danni smartens up the dolts and gets them to oust Stephenie.

Her real hope of winning left last week, trailing "scumbags!" behind him. I still like Steph, but she's not very good at the tactical aspects of play.

A winning strategy would have been to dump Rafe when Danni held immunity, used Cindy's smarts/Judd's brawn to win the next immunity challenge and dump Danni. Consolidate her power base with Judd and the fishmonger by dumping Cindy (who is soooo far under the radar that she stands a great chance of winning the whole shebang) and then riding either the big, lying goofus or the whining fishmonger to victory.

Alas, I don't think she can shuffle the cards in any way that can bring home the bacon now. I hope Danni or Rafe wins it all, but I've got ol' fishy in the office pool, so I won't be too disappointed if she takes it either.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 12-08-05 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Fanboy
I still like Steph, but she's not very good at the tactical aspects of play.

She's not good at the competition aspect either, having never won an individual challenge.

LiquidSky 12-08-05 11:00 AM

I would love to see Steph get the boot tonight.

I still want Rafe, Cindy, or Danni to win.

Tommy Ceez 12-08-05 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
She's not good at the competition aspect either, having never won an individual challenge.

Fire lighting vs. Bobby Jon

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 12-08-05 11:23 AM

whoops

Maxflier 12-08-05 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Fanboy
I think tonight is the night that Danni smartens up the dolts and gets them to oust Stephenie.

I fear you might be right about that, although i am hoping not because i really want to see Steph win it.

People say how she made a mistake voting Judd out, but you gotta put yourself in her shoes. They were telling her all this stuff that Judd said which made it look like he was going to turn on her, so i can understand why she got suspicious of him and did what she did. But i sure as hell wouldn't want to be the next one voted off if i was her and have to face Judd so soon after what happened.

LiquidSky 12-08-05 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez

That was her gas ;)

the big train 12-08-05 12:14 PM

Why is Lydia still there?!?!?!?! It's unbelievable.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9...dymindy3su.jpg

LiquidSky 12-08-05 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by the big train
Why is Lydia still there?!?!?!?! It's unbelievable.

Maybe she had "relations" with them all. :eyebrow:

brainee 12-08-05 12:44 PM

I voted Fishmonger, though maybe that's just wishful thinking. Of course, I could be like most voters in this poll and just wait until after the episode to cast my vote :)

Silt 12-08-05 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez

Wouldn't really consider that winning an individual challenge. That's like saying putting your hand in a bag and hoping you don't pull out a purple rock, is an individual challenge. Besides, striking a match(or 25 of them as they were given) and competing versus Bobby Jon isn't exactly a challenge.

gotrice487 12-08-05 01:21 PM

I voted Steph because she really needs to go home! Yes she did win the fire lighting immunity challenge but her odds were 50/50 so any castaway could have won that. Poor strategy and a terrible attitude on her part for two seasons in a row let's hope she goes home and does not return for a third!

Hubcap 12-08-05 01:53 PM

wow a lot of people think steph will be voted off.

Josh-da-man 12-08-05 02:39 PM

I dunno.

Depends how the immunity challenge goes, and the fallout from the car thing.

As for the car --
Spoiler:
it's really a damned if you, damned if you don't situation. Keep the car for yourself, and you get resentment from everyone else. Give everyone else a car at the expense of yourself, and you become a threat.

Were I anyone but Rafe, I'd try to get him kicked out.

Cindy, since she wasn't in on the Judd ouster, would seem to be the fifth wheel.

I'd probably want to keep Steph around, as she wouldn't be a bad person to go against n the final two. She's already one vote down (Judd), and if you can play it like she's fucked over her own alliance (which would be a great position for Danni) then you're good to go in the final two.

As for who goes tonight, I think it's anyone but the fishmonger. I'd keep her around for the final four, because she's a shoe-in to NOT win the immunity and an easy target when the numbers are 2-on-2.

If Cindy or Rafe win immunity, it's Danni vs. Steph with 50-50 odds.

If Danni wins immunity, it's either Steph or Rafe, with Cindy under the radar. I'd give Steph 65-35 of odds of leaving tonight under such circumstances.

If Steph wins, Danni's gone.

Cindy -- if she isn't on the outs with the other four -- can easily slip into the final three.

Tommy Ceez 12-08-05 02:44 PM

When will these idiots realize that reward challenges at this point in the game are always multiple people rewards and YOU SHOULD NEVER WIN THEM

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 12-08-05 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by gotrice487
I voted Steph because she really needs to go home! Yes she did win the fire lighting immunity challenge but her odds were 50/50 so any castaway could have won that. Poor strategy and a terrible attitude on her part for two seasons in a row let's hope she goes home and does not return for a third!

yep I'm sick of her acting like TO

the action 12-08-05 03:05 PM

Anyone else get the impression that if Rafe makes it to the final 2. He is going to cry like a girl when it comes to answering questions from the jury.

Silt 12-08-05 04:03 PM

While playing your hardest for the car may be tempting, I'd have to throw that challenge and lose it....There is no stopping the Car Curse!!!

I think when Steph loses immunity tonight, she's toast. Lydia next, because even Steph will win immunity before the 'Monger will. Rafe-Danni-Cindy final 3. Danni winning final endurance challenge and taking Cindy with her to the F2. A Danni/Cindy twosome would be nice to see....at the final tribal council I mean. :D

GuessWho 12-08-05 04:28 PM

Go Black family!!!!!

Oops, wrong show. :(

LiquidSky 12-08-05 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by the action
Anyone else get the impression that if Rafe makes it to the final 2. He is going to cry like a girl when it comes to answering questions from the jury.

Why would you say that? Yeah, he did cry when he saw him mom....but you never know someone's full story........