Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Official 2005 / 2006 Fear Factor Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-05, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Official 2005 / 2006 Fear Factor Thread

Wow, that last stunt, bringing back the gold bars and coins looked extremely hard.

It was funny when the sister with all the muscles said she was training for this exact stunt and then couldn't even go under water one time.

Chris
Old 12-06-05, 11:03 PM

And the obvious tie-in to Universal Studios in Florida, which is part of NBC was a little over the top.

It looks like the stunts will be a lot more elaborate this year compared to other years.

The winners tonight won $275k... not bad.

Chris
Old 12-07-05, 07:11 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
They are touting that they have the stunt crew from the Matrix movies planning all of the stunts this year.

Going to be an interesting season.

I loved how the mom beat her son in the Home Invasion game (Tempe, AZ / Snakes in a box with a key screwed to the bottom... get it out and open the box for a $2500 Capital One Card).
Old 12-07-05, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't normally watch Fear Factor but now that they've cut down/stopped the gross out stunts i'm probably going to start watching.
Old 12-07-05, 07:19 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Decent start, but the Home Invasion was lame. At least make them eat something gross! I thought the
Spoiler:
"force them to get a buzz cut" stunt
from the upcoming episode segment is a great idea and cool twist on the formula, sort of like the strip show one they did a few seasons ago. I'm assuming it will be on
Spoiler:
an all-female show, or else it will be unfair.
Old 12-14-05, 07:38 AM

Last night's ep was "Blind Date" Fear Factor and was pretty good... all because of Mike the "Country Bumpkin"!

If I ever see anyone give the "peace" sign with the remaining toes on one foot, it'll be too soon.

The events didn't seem all that complicated (flags on the underside of a boat suspended from a helicopter, unlocking caps from the bottom of tank to block it from filling up ice cold water and crabs, transferring pegs from one side of a box to another while raining ice and being suspended over a pool) but I'm sure the condition were a major factor.

... but that singing dude got on my nerves really quick.

But as Mike (oldest Fear Factor contestant to date at 45) said: "Yeee-aaaawww-rrrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!"
Old 12-14-05, 08:55 AM

Too many damn commercials last night!

And you tell by her body language, that the singing guys partner couldn't stand to be hugged by him.

He's a person who has no clue as to how the people around him really feel about him. I couldn't stand to be around him for more than 5 minutes.

I did like the new twist where the fastest couple in the first stunt, was able to vote out anyone they liked. It was kind of different, ala Survivor.

Chris
Old 12-14-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
He's a person who has no clue as to how the people around him really feel about him. I couldn't stand to be around him for more than 5 minutes.
I felt so bad for her. He kept hugging and kissing her and she just seemed so disgusted.
Old 12-14-05, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by solipsta
I felt so bad for her. He kept hugging and kissing her and she just seemed so disgusted.
The things a person puts up with for $25k

Chris
Old 12-14-05, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
The things a person puts up with for $25k

Chris
[ ]You've got that right... my brother! Yeah-ah-ah! Woo![/ ]
Old 12-14-05, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
[ ]You've got that right... my brother! Yeah-ah-ah! Woo![/ ]

You're giving me flashbacks to last nights episode.

Chris
Old 12-14-05, 03:42 PM

I can just picture Mike and Kat down in Belize sitting on the beach and catching some rays.

It's gonna take Mike 12 days to even out that farmer tan.

... at least he has the necessary toes for flip-flops.
Old 12-14-05, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone find the female contestants hawt?
Old 12-14-05, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Anyone find the female contestants hawt?
Yes, they were easy on the eyes.

Chris
Old 01-03-06, 11:11 PM

January 3, 2006

Psycho/Bates Motel couples episode for $250,000 started tonight.

Four dating couples, one recently broke-up and one with a 3-week old divorce are trying for the prize by staying at the Bates Motel (in Universal Studios).

First stunt - -Buried alive in a coffin filled with super worms and rats, six feet down with a ton of dirt on top, once out the person in the coffin had to dig through a pile of worms to find a key to stop the clock. Head to head action, the three who win automatically move on, the rest are available for 'voting out' the next day,a s voted on by the three winning couples.

The couples spend the night in the Bates Motel, thinking that at any moment Joe's gonna say its a joke and give them good rooms.

NOT!

Spoiler:
Bobby and Stacey (dating) are unanimously voted out.

Stunt #2 - Oh well, one couple is booted and the couple with the fastest time yesterday gets a bye on this stunt. The stunt consists of a tank of water, divided down the middle with a porthole that is netted with rope. The couples has a single knife and one has to go under the water and cut the ropes until they can fit through. The trick, every time someone comes up for air, they must pass the knife. When both people emerge from the other side of the tank the clock stops. The two slowest times are available for elimination immediately following the stunt.

Spoiler:
Kareem and Twana (recently broke up) are unanimously voted out.

Four couples (including the recently divorced couple) are left.

Home Invasion Stunt: Bobbing for dead squid in ink. The dad (with white hair and a white beard and mustache) fished out 4 squid with his mouth in a mintue... he was supposed to get 5 (there were 10 in the tank). Joe says he'll still give them the $5k card if the mom gets the last one out. She reluctantly doesn it and they get the card.