DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Nip/Tuck - Sal Perri 12/6/2005 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/447853-nip-tuck-sal-perri-12-6-2005-a.html)

DVD Josh 12-06-05 12:56 PM

Nip/Tuck - Sal Perri 12/6/2005

Spoiler:
A jet bound from Miami to New York crashes after take off - and Julia's mother Erika may be on board. Sean, Christain, Julia and Liz struggle to save the lives of surviving passengers

Doesn't sound like the Carver will be making an appearance this week (if he does, it will probably be the very end of the episode).

BTW - a MAJOR SPOILER below for two weeks:

Spoiler:
Kimber escapes / is released by the Carver and Christain and Sean attempt to see her and have to force their way into her room

I don't know if the fact he / she is under guard has any special significance (it probably does).

DVD Josh 12-06-05 01:41 PM

One more thing - from the FX website, it looks like Episodes 14 and 15 are playing back to back on the same night. Two hour finale!

riley_dude 12-06-05 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
One more thing - from the FX website, it looks like Episodes 14 and 15 are playing back to back on the same night. Two hour finale!

And what day is that??

DVD Josh 12-06-05 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
And what day is that??

December 20.

RobCA 12-06-05 05:14 PM

December 20.

Woohoo, a week earlier than expected! :banana:

Rob

DVD Josh 12-06-05 09:56 PM

Dear lord.

sikegrad 12-06-05 10:05 PM

not sure if this is old, but did anyone else see the myspace.com/thecarver commercial?

Sonicflood 12-06-05 10:09 PM

Oh, shit!
Spoiler:
I wonder if julia's mom is really alive or was it just a hallucination of Julia's?

I personally think it's Julia's guilt showing up!

You think Julia and Sean are back together now?

Great episode! Cool plug for the Myspace account of the Carver!!! That will be fun to monitor! Kinda creepy though.

Sonic

Sonicflood 12-06-05 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by sikegrad
not sure if this is old, but did anyone else see the myspace.com/thecarver commercial?

I just saw that tonight for the first time. I've not seen it previously, so I guess tonight was the "premiere" for it.

Kinda strange that they (myspace) allowed it to be condoned, especially due to the recent myspace account of the guy who murdered his girlfriends parents!

Maybe they are planning to introduce a new murderspace.com site!

Sonic

Jimmy James 12-06-05 10:25 PM

That (the myspace page) is really way too creepy.

*shudder*

Spoiler:
The big question on my mind is whether or not the Icarus reference was a red herring. Is the carver somebody's father or mother?

Ranger 12-06-05 11:09 PM

From myspace: "The Carver has 18913 friends." :lol: Is that for real?

As for this episode. Kind of disappointing in comparsion to last week's episode, but it was still a great episode. So can Quentin still be the villain now?

Patman 12-06-05 11:09 PM

Well, that was a pretty tense episode (though if you watch E.R., most of the grueling stuff is kinda routine). At least Julia got a feature episode out of it. The best part was no Matt.

As far as Julia's mom:

Spoiler:
I never thought she was the one lying on the table as Julia poured out her heart and came face to face with such an unloving relationship between her and her mom.

They even got in a "skinner/skin her" reference with Mitch Pileggi as the hardnose triage doc.

MrX 12-06-05 11:17 PM

A filler episode, but still a good one.

I agree about no Matt:up:

Ranger 12-06-05 11:31 PM

I never thought she was the one lying on the table as Julia poured out her heart and came face to face with such an unloving relationship between her and her mom.
I thought Julia was going to stab the body with a wooden stake just as it jumped and hissed at her like in the horror movies.

Rogue588 12-06-05 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger
From myspace: "The Carver has 18913 friends." :lol: Is that for real?

Television "According to Jim"

Well. That explains everything.

mikewendt 12-07-05 12:30 AM

The myspace account's been open for a little over a week. The first ad I saw was last week on a Shield rerun... It's not a huge suprise to see it, pretty much every show around is represented on there in some way... And I'm sure myspace either paid for the ad or getting a nice kick back from the show...

It's kind of a cool little idea...

DVD Josh 12-07-05 07:05 AM

I really do think that Erika is dead. Her vision was simply her saying to Julia that she forgave her for putting her on an earlier flight. I guess we'll find out soon enough. But damn, that vampire awakening was freaky shit.

And don't get me started about the Carver myspace stuff. Seriously, that is one freaky dude. They should make a movie about him.

Cusm 12-07-05 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
They even got in a "skinner/skin her" reference with Mitch Pileggi as the hardnose triage doc.

That was great, I was wondering how many people missed that.

sikegrad 12-07-05 08:37 AM

I really do think that Erika is dead. Her vision was simply her saying to Julia that she forgave her for putting her on an earlier flight.

Spoiler:
I was thinking the same thing too. This show is notorious for using dream sequences to keep us on our toes, and ending the episode with this last scene just creates some good buzz as the show is coming to an end. The way I see it, if Erika was actually alive Matt would have tried to contact either Julia, Sean, or Christian to tell them that grandma is okay. Even if the phones were dead, he could have just gone to the school to relay the message. I'm looking forward to seeing if Julia's character starts to change after this episode.

Groucho 12-07-05 08:59 AM

Terrible episode. What was this, an old E.R. script?

riley_dude 12-07-05 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by sikegrad

I got a blog message from the carver this morning. He must have so much time on his/her hands.

dadaluholla 12-07-05 12:57 PM

I thought this ep was pretty good stuff! A few weeks ago, I was starting doubt if I would buy this season when it came out on dvd but I definitely will now. The few Anne Heche episodes really brought things down. Hopefully it's smooth (yet shocking and disturbing) sailing from here on out!

I'm off to myspace to be friends with the Carver.

Ranger 12-07-05 02:27 PM

If all that was a dream, then she didn't kick out Quentin or have the deep talk with Sean?

DVD Josh 12-07-05 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger
If all that was a dream, then she didn't kick out Quentin or have the deep talk with Sean?

EVERYTHING happened, except for her mother being there.

Ranger 12-07-05 03:54 PM

As in she DID pour out her heart to a body that wasn't Erica's, but Erica showing up at the end didn't happen at all?

I don't know, kind of stretching it.

But that part could be cleared up if at the start of the next episode like Julia wakes up and Sean is next to her and she tells him that she had a bad dream that Erica was alive then Sean comforts her by saying something like, don't worry, she's dead.