DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition -- The Family Christmas Card" -- 12/06/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/447803-amazing-race-8-family-edition-family-christmas-card-12-06-05-a.html)

LorenzoL 12-06-05 04:29 AM

The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition -- The Family Christmas Card" -- 12/06/05

"The Family Christmas Card" Episode #811.
Spoiler:
One teammate's performance overwhelms the rest of the family and gets them out of a potential jam.

Producer(s): Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram Van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Hayma Screech Washington.

Original Airdate: December 6, 2005.

Chew 12-06-05 05:56 AM

Weavers. -pray-

taa455 12-06-05 08:26 AM

Should be interesting. From the previews:

Spoiler:
Weavers get pulled over by a cop.
:lol:

The Godlewskis are far more annoying than the Weavers. At least I can tolerate the Weaver kids since they are kids and I expect them to be immature. The Godlewskis are adults and should know better. The Weaver mom I can't stand. She has no excuse.

Edit: Somebody already voted non-elim. :lol: There's no way they won't eliminate this week. It's been 3 weeks since the last elimination. The viewers are hungry for blood!

Fok 12-06-05 03:17 PM

If its those fucking Weavers get eliminated, then there is a god

DRG 12-06-05 04:02 PM

Maybe the Weaver's elimination is CBS's Christmas present to the viewers?

garmonbozia 12-06-05 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by taa455
The Godlewskis are far more annoying than the Weavers. At least I can tolerate the Weaver kids since they are kids and I expect them to be immature. The Godlewskis are adults and should know better.

I completely agree. At this point I am rooting for the Weavers to win just to piss off the Godlewskis and the Linzs. I am also rooting for the Bransen's as they consciously have tried to stay out of the petty grade school drama......that makes them the most deserving in my eyes.

I voted for the Godlewskis as they are the ones I most want to see gone at this point.

Eric D. 12-06-05 06:40 PM

I'm going to change it up this week and go with the Godlewskis. I can't stand their voices and constant bickering. Plus last time I voted for them they came in last, but it was a non-elimination leg.

rabbit77 12-06-05 08:53 PM

The Linzes not looking in the hole cost them a car.

Eric D. 12-06-05 08:57 PM

It's good to see the Godlewskis go.

rabbit77 12-06-05 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Eric D.

:up: I rooted for them from the start since they're from my home town, but man they got annoying.

GuessWho 12-06-05 09:38 PM

Go Black family!

lucasorion 12-06-05 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by taa455
Should be interesting. From the previews:

Spoiler:
Weavers get pulled over by a cop.
:lol:

The Godlewskis are far more annoying than the Weavers. At least I can tolerate the Weaver kids since they are kids and I expect them to be immature. The Godlewskis are adults and should know better. The Weaver mom I can't stand. She has no excuse.

If they were 9 or 10, okay, but those kids are old enough to be called jerks in their own right. The Godlewskis are terrible with each other but decent with the rest of the world, while the Weavers think they are God's chosen people and the rest of the world is just extras in their movie. I'm glad I won't see the bickering and sniping among the Godlewskis any more, but the Weavers' attitudes are more sickening to me.

the_dude8 12-07-05 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by rabbit77

the bransens got a new car to go along with the lifetime free gasoline from BP. those are sweet a$$ prices.

Silt 12-07-05 01:24 AM

So very true. Damn those are some dumb women. Let's see..what to do...race and try to win a million...or piss away the million by being a pissy bitch on the golf course. Decisions, decisions.

I have this sickening feeling that the Weavers win this thing. Will be my first time I will be cheering for a team to lose, instead of one to win. As long as the Weaver's don't win I don't care which of the other two teams win.

chowderhead 12-07-05 02:58 AM

I hope the Weavers win just to spite the other teams. I would be ok if the Bransens win as well. The Lintz frat boys are just goofy but some of their comments are mean-spirited.
Spoiler:
they seem edited to win though

the big train 12-07-05 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by rabbit77

Picturing the Linz brothers rolling in a Buick makes me :lol:

Waldur deserves a nice ride for all the grief he gets from his hot daughters. Interestingly, he seems to be getting frisky here near the end of the race. It is quite of a turn of events for him to suddenly be carrying the team and rare for someone to improve their performance this late in the race.

Chew 12-07-05 06:06 AM

How much for a Buick golfcart? ;)

cracksky 12-07-05 08:31 AM

no more nip shots. :drool:

cdollaz 12-07-05 08:41 AM

The Godlewski's did not have what it takes to win the race. They were in last place and instead of hurrying their asses up after taking the photo, they decided it would be a better use of time to flirt around with Buffalo Bill. Idiots. Just shows how lame this season has been when some of these lame-ass teams can make it this far.

The Baumer 12-07-05 09:17 AM

was it just me or did the cute Godlewski never ever talk??

Chew 12-07-05 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by The Baumer

I'm not sure how it would've been possible to get a word in anyway.

Big Boy Laroux 12-07-05 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
The Godlewski's did not have what it takes to win the race. They were in last place and instead of hurrying their asses up after taking the photo, they decided it would be a better use of time to flirt around with Buffalo Bill. Idiots. Just shows how lame this season has been when some of these lame-ass teams can make it this far.

i didn't like them either, but they were flirting while waiting for the picture to be developed. as soon as they got the picture, they handed it to him and got on with the race.

we didn't see how long it took the other teams to get their photo.

however, i can't remember, did they have to wait until they gave Bill the photo to change back into their other clothes? If not, then yes, they were dumb.

aktick 12-07-05 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by The Baumer

That's what I thought. The "cute" one is the one that had the blue on at the end last night, right?

cdollaz 12-07-05 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i didn't like them either, but they were flirting while waiting for the picture to be developed. as soon as they got the picture, they handed it to him and got on with the race.

we didn't see how long it took the other teams to get their photo.

however, i can't remember, did they have to wait until they gave Bill the photo to change back into their other clothes? If not, then yes, they were dumb.

I know the Godlewskis waited until they got their photo to change. They should have been ready to walk out the door when they got the photo.

Big Boy Laroux 12-07-05 10:29 AM

right, i agree with that. but did the other teams change right after they took the picture? I honestly can't remember.